Have any other artists ever had this much of a drop in quality...

Have any other artists ever had this much of a drop in quality? Both Halfaxa and Geidi Primes were at least 7-8/10 but this album is like a 2

not yet but you'll have to wait for her next album. it's going to be a 1. she's irrelevant now.

RIP Grims

WTF are you talking about? You just don't like pop, plain and simple. It's different than Halfaxa and Geidi Primes but still great. I would say the production is better, the singing is better and the hooks are sharper.

>she's irrelevant now.
Yeah sure. That's why you're talking about her because she's sooooooo irrelevant.

you're just sucking their dicks because visions and art angels are more pop and "accessible"

>you just don't like pop
how do you know that?

nah, I do like some really accessible pop albums, Art Angels was just a bad listen with annoying vocals and uninteresting instrumentals

>Yeah sure. That's why you're talking about her because she's sooooooo irrelevant.

Do you know how many irrelevant artists I talk about on here?

Shes just getting warmed up.

yep, warming up a nice heaping pile of shit.

I don't understand what you mean.

she's preparing to drop a very bad album

Who is it by? Did she tell you that? Is it in revolt of some kind? Like, throwing birthday cake to the ground?

it's by her

Do you mean "bad to the bone"?

yea

I dont' think anyone has to like everything she does. I have my favorite albums of hers. I generally enjoy most of what she puts out. That said, there are some songs I don't particularly respond well to.

California & Scream for example.

>Have any other artists ever had this much of a drop in quality?
Very few desu. Negative drops* like what you seen with Grimes going from Visions to Art Angels are actually pretty rare. Visions was very well received. The fact that Art Angels managed to best it in most objectively quantifiable respects is quite the accomplishment desu. Especially if you view it as her sophomore album (which it pretty much was, from a mainstream standpoint) Since it means she leap-frogged over the usual sophomore slump.

other way round friend, this is her only good release

California is a banger, tho

Kind of annoying at first. Took a long time to warm up to it. Even now it's still not a track I frequent. Now World Princess 2 on the other hand...

Please fuck off

Who are you commenting to? Also, why are you being so exclusionary?

Yes, you literally cant stop trying to make her relevant like it isn't pathetic as fuck

No? That's what you're doing user guy

How so? Quote relevant parts. Also pretty sure fuck off isn't in accordance with the rules.

Purity ring...

Fucking off is something you clearly don't need to do very much

It's easy to drop in quality once you release your best album
See=
Kid A/Amnesiac -> Hail to the Thief
London Calling -> Sandinista!
ITCOTCK -> ITWOP
Loveless -> MBV
Children of God -> The Burning World
And of course
Visions -> Art Angels

Uh not generally, no. Only in these threads apparently. Somehow, it seems people really only ever have a problem with the waifu crowd in here.

Did you know grimes loves purity ring?

>London Calling -> Sandinista!
Your opinion is shit.

In Rainbows is better than any of those

>Visions -> Art Angels
see
* To clarify, 'negative drops' is a double-negative. What reasons do you have to say that Visions is a better album than Art Angels, apart from your own subjective opinion as a listener?

Who's purity ring?

user i really hate you

viet cong > preoccupations

Oh cool i've elicited your hate. Do I get like a certificate or something? Maybe a trophy? I'm so excited!

Ive seen them touring under their real name lately. I don't know what gave her femicunt powers to fuck with peoples art, scoffing at things she had absolutely no appreciation for anyway. Men risk their lives, not women. Feminism truly at work here

I don't care.
You wish. She will make another masterpiece and you haters will go crazy even more. Screencap this.

This. AA was a bigger success than Visions. And her next album will sound different than all her previous albums because she's a great artist, and great artists don't milk the same album over and over again. Great artists (like Grimes) try to expand their creativity, try to make genuinely innovative art.

>Men risk their lives, not women.
Doing what? Why are you grossly overgeneralizing about random shit ITT?

She's already relevant. I'm just pointing the obvious.

>she will make another masterpiece and you haters will go even more crazy
She could make an album of just her farts and grimesfags would still call it a maaterpiece

IMO, AA is about the same as good as Visions. I don't see the supposed drop in quality. Do you see that list you posted? It's based on consensus. If we rely to consensus then you should know that AA was even better received than Visions.

So, play a fair game: don't use consensus for that list and personal opinions when it comes to her albums. Double standards suck.

Fuck you

Can you fucking shut up about grimes nobody cares but you, that's all you care about on here

Only if the cover is scratch and sniff. And it has to be real Claire fart smell, not some chemical facsimile.

Not an argument. Please be nice and don't act like an asswipe.

>She could make an album of just her farts and grimesfags would still call it a maaterpiece
She could but she will not make one. She cares too much about her great art to release drivel. It's amazing how much soul she puts into her own music. She cares deeply about it. So, her fans care too.

>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!"

This is one of the reasons her fans love her so much.

Have you been nice lately?

Not to be super critical but there was a recent video of her farting around on that new beat maker thing, it wasnt' encouraging. But I hope i'm wrong and she releases something cool.

I tried. I'm a fairly nice person irl.

50 / 4 / 15 / 1

Again these threads are devolving into shit in record time. When will you waifu anons stop being triggered?

Slow down, breathe and just discuss her music.
It's not hard.

You try but you're actually cunt though

What are you even talking about just leave, nobody wants you here

That means nothing. There are plenty of things that sound underwhelming when observed in isolation, but totally make sense in the context of a song.

e.g. If you would hear that dentist drill sound she used for the Venus Fly beat you would say it sounds like shit. But listen to the final result...

>For the song “Venus Fly", for example, I had these awesome 808s, that I built using two different 808 sounds. Then I sampled a dentist drill and tuned it to the 808s and layered it very lightly on top so that they sounded a bit more savage but also wide and clean cuz I think I panned the drill hard and the 808s were mono in the center.

Have a bit of confidence in her.

Uh no. I'm not leaving i'm tired of some of you derailing these threads with your bullshit.

Discuss the thread or you leave. You know the rules. You are consistently being a dick in these threads and getting triggered at everything.

And we wonder why nobody wants to come in here. It's because of people like you.

Be nice to other anons.

I'm afraid you're just projecting here. You're the cunt. Sad.

Not that user, but why don't you discuss music (like I did ) instead trying to police people?

No you really are a cunt

I do. Don't get me wrong. But i'm always afraid i've read her wrong. Maybe ther anons are right. Maybe she's not that great and i'm delusional.

I do enjoy her albums though. Just not all of her songs. I wonder where she's going with the next one. I hope it's not a noise record.

The more you insist, the bigger the cunt you are. Your choice.

You know, I try to be welcoming to other anons. Maybe you should do the same.

You keep using the word "police" in every thread. Maybe you should look up the word. You know, since i'm not a mod or anything.

Can you two get a room? I mean I know you two love each other but come on now.

>Maybe ther anons are right. Maybe she's not that great and i'm delusional.
Never let other anons influence your enjoyment of your favorite music. Never let this toxic board dictate your taste in music. If you enjoy her music, keep your position.

Oh, its not the same guy. Just the other fuck constantly using this place to shill this idiot

Uh that's kinda the point of these threads.

And if anything, to be quite honest and blunt it's not other anons shitting on her music that is influencing me it's the toxicity of other fans being total cunts to newcomers that is killing her music for me.

The elitism stinks. Some of you could really stand to be more polite.

That's the thing. You're not the mu's police to direct the traffic here. Let people post whatever they want. If they break the rules, there's reporting available. People like you are even more annoying than the trolls.

Not OP guy. Keep up. There is always one triggered asshole in here who likes to be entitled and shit up the board with his waifu shit.

I may be having scaruffi syndrome here but art angels just felt like old grimes territory being re-worked
The reason visions was so good was because it was original and new sounding but art angels just sounds like things she already did

You're right somewhat. I mean why not just let it devolve to shit. How rude of me. Shit it up user.

>to shill this idiot
>talking shit about grimes
>expecting to be taken seriously
lmao!

You've insisted way too much really

Disagree. She never did something so plain jane as art angels. The previous albums were more experimental and 'out there' if you will. I quite enjoyed them more.

I suppose every artist has to dip into the mainstream every so often if they want to remain relevant.

It will devolve anyway. Because those threads are doomed to be always controversial. As long the haters and shitposters exist, there will not be peace here. You're like an old man yelling at the clouds.

No, you
Experimental =/= automatically better

AA is anything but plain jane. Literally, could you mention even one album like AA? From any year and any genre you want.

You're shitting it up. This is the worst use you could have made for a public social outlet

Hey, get off my lawn.

You're right to some degree. However I notice the shitposting is always only ever the waifu crowd. Rarely do the trolls gain any traction other than to piss off waifus.

The back and forth is annoying because it's obvious. I mean if people genuinely put some effort into being assholes maybe it wouldn't be so grating.

It's just so amateurish. Wreaking of desperation. I mean if we're going to be dicks, let's BE dicks. But that was never the point of these threads.

Anyway... I haven't listened to her music in a while. Had AA in the car the other day, skipped through most of the tracks.

Not necessarily, no. But experimental means more original. I prefer originality over rehashes.

You are a terrible whiner, user. We're out of cheese unfortunately, you'll just have to enjoy your whine without it i'm afraid.

Please fuck off one day

it's unfortunate that she puts so much work into it but it still turns out bad :^(

>I suppose every artist has to dip into the mainstream every so often if they want to remain relevant.
Of course. Bowie did it (Scary Monsters & Let's Dance), Prince did it (Purple Rain), Bjork did it (Debut and Post), Kate Bush did it (Hounds of Love and The Sensual World after the experimental Never For Ever and The Dreaming), Peter Gabriel did it (the famous album So).

Grimes has big ambitions. She doesn't have big hits so her only chance for relevancy is to make great accessible yet experimental albums. If she kept doing GP 2 & Halfaxa 2 she would be a nobody now. If she kept doing Visions 2, she would be considered passe and a one trick pony. Say what you will, but she played her cards extremely well so far.

She could release an experimental album next and everyone will go mad over her music once again. Keeping things fresh, that's the recipe.

This is hell

Cry more you baby. Jesus christ i've never heard anyone bitch and complain so much in a thread.

Contribute anything other than your whining? I'd be surprised.

I mean seriously, if you're for real call me impressed at the level of your dedication to complaining. It should be studied.

Shout out to album of the decade

fuck you

>Had AA in the car the other day, skipped through most of the tracks.
>skipped through most of the tracks.
Why do you post here if her music leaves you cold?

Here's your (You).

Pretty much agree with you spot on there. She'd have had to change somewhat to remain relevant and offer the widest exposure (every album was different and offered something new and fresh) like a mixed bag.

If it were the same then only the same audience would listen. Kinda genius in a way.

Her music does NOT leave me cold. Just some of the time. The Art Angels album is hit and miss. Doesn't put me in the mood for her music really. There's just something off about that album.

I really like the older stuff, I can listen to it song to song without much in the way of reaching for the skip button.

I do have to resort to drinking and making myself very sick and poor if that's what you're asking with your analogy

She studied some sneaky / clever things from history. She seems amateurish but actually she's kinda like a mastermind. She's way trickier and full of surprises than we think.

OK. Most people who like her older work dislike AA and viceversa. Quite funny. I enjoy all her albums.

album of the decade just leaked, actually

I will agree that Grimes has played her cards well, but I feel like going the mainstream route, while very good for her, really made me dislike her music (not because she "Sold out", I just don't like her new direction in her music). Hopefully her new album is better.

You're happy to be doing this

Not at all. Not sure what your'e getting at. Your personal vices are none of my concern. Although I do wish you well.

The only historical types i've heard her reference was Napoleon. But I'm not sure I agree with her assessment of him being good at PR.

I think he was more well known due to his war campaigns, not necessarily how he carried himself or how he looked.

Well it depends. I like all her albums too. Just sometimes I can't get into some albums. Like AA or Visions... just don't find the mood a lot of the time for them. Albeit some tracks are always nice... just not all of them.

No, i'll be happy when you finally decide to quitcherbitchin and post something related to the thread so we can have a great talk.

If you weren't so busy complaining I might offer you a beer and some pretzels.

Have you really been that cheated or abused yourself that much to call me a complainer in comparison? You'd like to think you were, you'd like to be raped so you would feel better than people. You're not contributing anything here but running a business on peoples backs. You really feel accomplished and proud in doing this

You're a pig

Didn't know it leaked. Thanks pal