Legend (1985)

Theatrical or Director's Cut? And where can I find a download for the Theatrical?

bump

Director's Cut all the way. Better editing, better music, better pacing, better ending. Theatrical Cut is a fun flick but the DC is a work of art

I've seen a bunch of people saying they look the tone the Theatrical evokes more, and a synth soundtrack sounds more interesting so I wanted to watch that one first, but I can only find the Director's Cut.

The only reason anyone prefers the theatrical cut is because that's the version they grew up watching. Nostalgia is a powerful bias

The classical score is far more fitting, Tangerine Dream's synth score make it seem more like a music video instead of the dark fairy tale it's supposed to be. Jerry Goldmith is one of the greatest film score composers of all time, and his score for Legend is one of his best. The Tangerine Dream soundtrack is garbage in comparison

Thanks for telling me your opinion I don't care about, it isn't helpful at all.
I just have a feeling I'm going to enjoy the theatrical cut more, I'm sorry.

>Thanks for telling me your opinion I don't care about, it isn't helpful at all.
Why even ask if you've already decided you want to watch the theatrical cut first? Kill yourself faggot

I was going to hook you up with a torrent but I sure as fuck won't now

this guy is mad

Wait. The soundtrack is different on the director's cut?

You definitely weren't going to hook me up with a torrent.

I said I was mad. I told him I was interested in watching the theatrical version he decided to just talk more about how great the Director's Cut is, and why is it impossible to find the theatrical cut anywhere online? It's complete bullshit.

The Director's Cut has an orchestral soundtrack, and the Theatrical has synth.

Guess you win DCfag since you need to own the movie on blu-ray to see the theatrical cut at all.

Theatrical > Director's Cut
I prefer the synth score. The orchestral score may be made by Jerry Goldsmith, but it honestly comes off as generic as hell. Tangerine Dream give the movie a unique feeling.

Also it's worth know, that the theatrical has scenes not in the Director's Cut, and the Director's Cut has scenes not in the theatrical. Both are worth watching.

>Also it's worth know, that the theatrical has scenes not in the Director's Cut
Seriously? Is the blu-ray worth buying?

As much as I love Tangerine Dream, the DC of Legend is one of the very best director's cuts out there. The theatrical cut feels like a highlight reel after seeing the DC.

Tom Cruise ruins this movie. Jack should've been played by anyone else.

bump

I don't know what's on the bluray, all I know is that in the past, I had a dvd collection with both the original theatrical and the director's cut. Also worth noting that the theatrical has better picture quality than the director's cut because the director's cut is sourced from an inferior negative, or at least it was on the version I watched.

Just saw the DC after some anons recommended it on that posters thread earlier today. Fantastic movie, watch it

There's high def versions of the Director's Cut now, the blu-ray has both versions, I think.

It was that thread that made me download the movie, but were you able to find the TC at all? I want to compare and contrast.

no, I saw the TC back in the day but never made much of it. I think the DC is the way to go

Alright, I'll finish it later tonight then.