I have a roommate who seems to find a way to argue with me over anything but mainly over military stuff

I have a roommate who seems to find a way to argue with me over anything but mainly over military stuff.
Me being a 12 year vet with 42 months deployed (still serving reserve now)

No matter the amount of sources of information I find and make available he still argues or finds something to hang on just to make it seem he was somehow right?

Now I just avoid engaging him on anything.... and he has taken issue with it.

Am I in the wrong for just cutting off convo's with such a person?
Am I being an intolerant vet here?
Or is avoiding his b/'s still my best bet?

I know I sound whiny here a bit.... I'd just like to know if I am actually having integration issues with my return to the civil world.

give an example

What service were you in and how many deployments did you serve to make 42 months? What was your job?

Does he have military service?

Just talk to him dude, tell him you're out now and you don't want to talk about that shit anymore.

Sounds like your dealing with a narcissists to be honest. Well, from what I'm seeing he has this certain narc attribute.

I'll bet he's right 90% of the time
Militards are worst tards because they have brainwashed themselves Into believethe Truman doctrine was right.. problem is most don't even know what that is

Depends who's wrong, but also someone like that who wants to start arguments all the time is annoying as fuck, especially in casual social situations. I'd just avoid serious subjects around him if he can't control his sperging. Try to change the subject immediately if anything political or military or anything he has strong opinions on comes up.

Ok..

I have a friend that is helping me get my pilots lic
He owns his own private airfield
He cannot have more than 5 aircraft on it tho.
Mu roommate was trying to argue with us (dude jumped into our conversation on some work that needs to be done to his landing strip)
That there are no private airfields anymore.
With guy sitting right there....with his family owned field.
So we showed him FAA regs and information from .gov and such sites.
And he still tried to find any small way to argue that there where no more private air strips anymore.
Much like the jack ass from family guy....it came to basically him baying like a donkey.

Was us army active,
11x 3rd mech (Iraq 15 mons)
Went to airborne (afgh 12 mons)
Sear school
Air assault
Fo school
Exp / ord under 3rd chem
Drm (afgh 15 mons)

He is not former.
But argues for the sake of b/'s
And when I stopped engaging him.... I'm the one with integration issues / intolerant.

>I'd just avoid serious subjects around him if he can't control his sperging.

this could be you OP without even realizing it

Don't get me wrong....finding common ground with some people can be a pain if your walks in life are different enough...
But any convo it seems we drives right for something to argue about.
And he make's a point to not accept any reference able facts you can provide him so "now he knows".... and makes a point to use circular argument just to seem right.

My friends refuse to come around my place anymore because he is "insufferable"

sounds like the guy is a fuckwit tbh.

you always have the right to not engage in a conversation if its a topic you don't want to talk about.

I was the same with my ex. just wouldn't respond to her baiting if I knew exactly where that conversation would lead, and she fucking hated it.

You are an autonomous person, you are not obliged to talk to him just because he thinks you should. you don't have to be a dick to him, but if he cant handle you not arguing with him that's his problem.

others already mentioned narcissistic and that is spot on, no matter what you do he'll act like he has opened your eyes to something

"Sear" school? You mean SERE? False valor here? I'm not a dick I understand mistakes happen I just hope you're not full of shit because that would make you a pathetic piece of shit

His argue mentioned is "my college vs your life exp"
He figures if people don't have various degrees in any applicable field they don't know anything.
And the fact all my training certs and such actually translate into credits in things like Chem engineering...ect
He protests that anything anyone has learned without full college cridentials isn't of any use or weight.

More a fuckwit huh?

I'm battling it put with auto correct not liking mil banter.....forgive a battle?

> 11X
Never enlisted faggot detected. You're B or C, bitch. At least, you would have become one or the other if you had spent enough time at Benning, which you clearly did not.

>side note

Why the shot does anyone want to act like they served?
Most places and campuses I've been have a generally bad interaction and approach to dealing with vets....
Kind of more the "we shouldn't have been there.....innocent people where being killed...ect"
Like I personally called in a gun run on a village of kids or some shit.
Why would they want to claim being part of it?

Shit the amount of sleep I've lost alone want worth it....

This, combined with spelling SERE like a faggot who appreciates a nice pair of slacks.. Fuck you OP

This ..if you type sere it works fine for Google
Op confirmed faggot

>keep mil stories, locations, and sites vague so that they are just war stories.

Sound familiar?

I've been through
Benning
Lee
Eustis
Leanarwood
Casey (to get familiar with our route clearance team wed be helping)
Campbell
Irwin

Amazing how hard people try to jump on the "your a fake train"

Probably because you wanted to serve but either didn't get in or just flat out didn't have the balls to enlist, so now here you are searching for some pathetic false sense of pride by attempting to convince people you'll never have to face that you aren't a pussy ass bitch full of regret and actually did something good with your life, which you havent

Then pic with timestamp to prove anything you have said

And I'm not telling what to post

And op disappears.. how expected

Yea what an asshole

Ya eat me dicks.

Too easy

Pic had to be trimmed too.

punch him in the mouth

Ive considered that....

And this 5mb pic limit was a bitch to get past

Remember one thing: that shit reflects on him, not you. He's an insecure fuckhead who has to always try to make people think he's smart and right and knows what he's talking about.

If you don't want to avoid him, best is to just not engage. Whenever he says some dumbass shit, just be like "yup, you're right". Just let him have it. You know he's a dumbfuck. Everyone else knows he's a dumbfuck. There's no reason to argue with him, it really just makes you look silly, arguing with an idiot about shit that doesn't matter.

Simple shot is east to pass up... but he nearly set the place on fire messing with electrical shit in the kitchen.
I might just find a new roomate.

That works too. No reason to live with some you can't stand if you can help it.

that's pretty much the exact definition of a fuckwit.

If he was a friend I wouldn't hang out with him. the only reason you really talk is you live together right? That means you have to be civil, doesn't mean you have to spend much time with them.

In your position I'd probably just ignore the guy and look at moving out if he kept causing problems. some people aren't worth wasting time on.

Pretty much what it has come down to our lease is almost up for Renewal and I do not believe I'm going to stay

404?