I'm going to a heavy metal club in 8 days

I'm going to a heavy metal club in 8 days.

I've always been more of a chillhop/light pop kind of guy, and havent really enjoyed any metal except Enter Sandman

What can I do in the next weekish to try and get into heavy metal + prepare for this experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

spirit-of-metal.com/liste_groupe-style-Sludge_Metal-l-en-nb_etoile-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

listen to vulgar display of power 24/7 faggot

Listen to metal, there's plenty of good charts in the archive.

When you go to the club, use your inexperience as conversion fodder. People love to talk about music or bands they are into, just tell them you just got into the genre and ask for reccs

Pantera sucks

I find I like something a lot more when I resonant with the rhythm so sludge/doom metal and groove metal.

black sabbath – paranoid
slayer – reign in blood
type o negative – slow, deep and hard
burzum – filosofem
electric wizard – dopethrone

no, contrarians do

Pantera is entry-level as fuck

perfect for the op you dumb fuck

If he goes to a metal show after he just listens to vulgar display of power 24/7 everyone is rightfully going to think he's a pleb.

Man I love (the) sludge metal (that is heard so far). Got any recommendations.

I'm a noob and only know Omega Massif, Isis, Pelican, and Minsk.

I'm totally open.

Solid entry level list but NWOBHM is missing:
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (or any of their first 4 albums)
or any vintage Judas Preist album, probably Screaming For Vengeance is their best starting point

depends what the club's like OP. studenty?
Rammstein, System of a Down, Pantera, Deftones, DIO (Holy Diver is a staple of most metal clubs). you may as well just google 'best metal songs' or some shit and you'll hear those probably. I was pleased when I heard Gojira in the last 'alternative' place I went to.

>heavy metal club
What is that? What do they do there?

I'm picturing a bunch of mopes fucking about and headbanging in the middle of the venue. Is that what we're talking about?

Real talk, the only metal clubs I've ever heard of were pussy ones back in the 80s where you went to try your luck with some chicks with emotional problems and Bon Jovi t-shirts.

I mean, unless they're practicing witchcraft or summoning some shit I'm not going to one is all I know.

i assume its just a club but with metal instead of the pop or dance music you usually get

so you to get drunk + dance

>so you to get drunk + dance
Yeah, I mean, that's what I'm picturing too but I'm trying to figure out what level of drunk I have to be to try to dance to heavy metal. I've gotten pretty hammered in my life but I never considered it. Not like you'd dance with a partner or in any night club situation.

Do they face each other or do they throw up horns and headbang in front of the DJ? What's goin on in those places? Now I'm interested.

take speed, then drink while you're on speed

watch every video from thuleanperspective

stop being a bitch and just go and enjoy yourself.

metal clubs come in 2 varieties, the live metal music place which is a bar with a small stage where random guys are playing small gigs, or the DJ-based version where it's basically a small bar with no stage and they play metal tracks.

in either version, everyone drinks and has fun. there's really not much different than any other venue, except it's full of cool people and not faggots.

Acid bath
Down
Melvins
Baroness
spirit-of-metal.com/liste_groupe-style-Sludge_Metal-l-en-nb_etoile-3.html

metal people generally do not dance. he just headbang, air guitar, and hang out. if you want dancing, go to an industrial club or something. don't worry, just go, you'll be fine. no one's going to judge you because you don't know literally every metal song ever or don't have a rock tshirt on. metal people are generally the salt of the earth, coolest people around. i know that's shocking to hear, as the majority of metal threads on the chans are packed full of faggot metal etlitist shitheads who think a band isn't hard enough unless an album sounds like a chainsaw gringing on a pipe and recorded with a cassette recorder from the 80's, but the majority of metal guys are not like that.

listen to the entire manowar discography to cure yourself of being a fucking nu-male