I unironically think this is hip hop AOTD

i unironically think this is hip hop AOTD

That's because it is.
>tfw it's losing it's effect from so many listens

Not even his best.

i heard he's gonna collab with some OG memphis dudes, Tommy Wright and co.

Spaceghostpurrp for squares and tryhards and hipsters

Spaceghostpurrp *is for squares and tryhards and hipsters

What makes you say that sir?

a handful of phonk and memphis revival idiots better than Lil Ugly Mane, and even calling these guys 'good' is an overstatement:

Spaceghostpurrp
DJ Sacred
Roland Jones
Robscire
Apoc Krysis
Mista Frost
TwentyFive Lighters
Calsutmoran
DJ Skinny Sleep
DJ Akoza
Devilish Trio
Mack 187
Tyris White
Fvdxvd
Splitter Krow
Ryan C
DMT Demons
Skimaskhue

LUM silently murdered the rap game with this album.

You are so fucking gay its not even funny...

Your list is just a bunch of humorless, edgy tryhards. None of them could make a track like 'Breeze em out'. The reason people still talk about MTI and the reason it got a physical re-release 5 years later is because it's quality from top to bottom. None of your soundcloud, headset rappers can compare.

homophobia makes you really cool mane

memphis rap isn't hip hop dumbass

SGP started the Memphis Rap revival. His influence not only to the revival scene, but the underground scene in Florida which has broken through the mainstream vastly overshadows LUM.

If you want to talk about production, SGP has a stronger body of work when it comes to hiphop and has a more idiosyncratic style. Excluding his new bedwetter release, everything LUM has made has been a parody/tribute to various styles of music.

Akoza best in the list

uneven compromise is better than mti imho

i mean yeah most of those guys are exactly as you described, but if you think Lil Ugly Mane isn't the same shit, but also add in some disgusting cultural appropriation and it gets even worse haha. The only reason it got re-release is because all of his fans are hideous people who don't know shit about fuck. thumbs up G

>A parody album of underground southern rap is the hip-hop AOTD

Maybe for compensating white boys.

Cultural appropriation argument is relative. LUM is another Memphis rap parasite, I'm not going to defend him, but atleast his sampling is not as blatant as other groups out now. He made all of the instrumentals. Vocal samples he used were pretty uncommon for most people and from various sources.

There are bigger offenders of jocking Memphis rap, LUM is on the bottom section of that list. All the other phonk producers you mentioned consistently over-sample Memphis rap songs or even the original samples themselves because they lack the talent to come up with something new.

The whole phonk scene exists to rip off underground Memphis rappers.

$uicideboy$ are the most cancerous group of them all.

>music is exclusive to certain races
fuck off this board

cause deep down I know she ain't lyin' to me

>cultural appropriation

when will this meme die?

suicideboys is garbage yet, but i also think you're forgetting that

almost all of the people on that list are black and Lil Ugly Mane is not. that is pretty important

>Doomshop shit
Lil Ugly Mane isn't good, but at least he has some sense of originality unlike those poseurs.

agreed. mti is good, but man.. oblivion access was something else. i really dont know if he'll surpass that.

Close, but pic related is the best Hip hop album debateably since dark fantasy

oops forgot pic

you sound like a nigger worshipper. Let me guess your still stuck in a listening to oldschool lord infamous phrase like an edgy 15 year old?

this, sad!

>people really think anyone in Memphis had production on the level of LUM

Defensible choice for sure.

t. memphis nigga

but its largely instrumentals

Excuse me.

Excuse me, the only real answer

>AOTD
>literally early triple six mafia

if you dont know about them, google it. its albums upon albums of people that sound just like lil ugly mane! its gonna make you cum your dick off

>everyone mentioning how LUM is memphis rip off
Nothing, absolutely not a goddamn thing that has come from Memphis itself or the recent Phonk scene or w/e it's called has the depth in production that LUM does. Neither does anything else that LUM parodies.

-No Memphis record has the layers of MTI
-No Memphis record has 7-10 minute long songs that sample everything from early blues to gamelan akin to UC or Evil Deed Blues
-Acid house doesn't have black metal parts and vice versa where it's all on top of hip hop like his three side tapes
-Experimental hip hoppers like El-P, Death Grips, Techno Animal, etc. are nowhere near as clinically mechanical with their production style as LUM is on Oblivion Access.

Everyone's buzzwording what they heard from others itt instead of actually listening to the guy.

really makes you think

legit is AOAT

LUM was their right from he beginning, he was on and did the artwork for blackland radio. And he didn't kamikaze his own career like purrp

Bullshit when he made MTI memphis revival was not really a thing, it was just a personal project that blew up, nowhere near as popular then than nowadays, and what rappers like SB and and Bones are doing is more like a modern trap hybrid with memphis rap and bad screamo tropes (the fake kind like mcr, fftl ect)

look a millennial!

THE MOST IMPORTANT HIP-HOP ALBUMS OF THE DECADE

1. To Pimp A Butterfly
2. MBDTF
3. The Money Store
4. XXX
5. Tetsuo & Youth
6. Sir Luscious Left Foot: Son Of Chico Dusty – Big Boi
7. RTJ – Run The Jewels
8. How I Got Over – The Roots
9. Mista Thug Isolation – Lil Ugly Mane
10. JEFFERY