Album Rating Thread

ITT: Rate the albums posted in this thread
This can be a surrogate RYM

Also, to make the thread more interesting, give a small explanation of why you give the album that rating so we can understand your thinking behind the rating.
Here's another album.

5/10

You unironically have shit taste did you even listen to the album you ADHD faggot?

>Rate the album posted
>gets angry when I rate it
It's mediocre you autist, they have far better albums

t. person who doesn't get The Doors and only likes s/t because Sup Forums tells him to

My favourite is The Soft Parade so stop talking shite now

You're only saying that to save your unforgivable taste.

stop

The best Doors album is Strange Days, agree?

Waiting for the Sun is not that good, get over it

8/10
coming from a guy who mostly listens to idm and hip hop

C'mon dude. I love the Doors and even I think that Waiting for the Sun is their weakest album. Half of it is alright, half of it is hastily written filler because Morrison was at the nadir of his booze/psychedelics consumption.

Funnily enough, Waiting for the Sun was also the Doors only #1 album. Goes to show that commercial success and quality are two separate things.

9/10

6/10, good for you giving this album a mediocre score, i think its pretty average myself

5/10

Fair warning anons. I am a complete plebeian, and I tend to be somewhat lenient with scores. My apologies in advance, don't crucify me.

10/10. Mark Kozelek's outlook on life was thoughtful, insightful, and understandable for anyone going through a tough time in life. On top of this, the actual instrumentation was the peak of slowcore. Red House Painters' best record.
10/10. Brian Wilson's Masterpiece, Pet Sounds revolutionized how harmonies could be used alongside rock instrumentation, acting as one of the factors that started the new Psych-Rock era. Beautifully arranged and produced, with stellar songwriting all around.

>good for you giving this album a mediocre score
he's rating the album in the OP

Eh... 8/10. I'm sorry, but I feel like the hype around this album, as well as the fact that Humble was a great lead single, clouded everyone's judgement in regards to this album. Don't get me wrong, It's a good album, but that 9.2 from Pitchfork was completely fucked. The album is overrated as hell in my opinion. Element and Duckworth can't carry an album Sup Forums.

This is a fair assessment

9/10. Mike Love's vocals are stellar, but Brian Wilson shows slight signs of aging creatively. Still an amazing record.

6/10 haven't listened enough times to warrant a rating imo but I wanted to contribute, didn't find it amazing but as far as a rock album goes it's really good
9/10 amazing album there's a memorable and unique moment every three seconds or so, grows on you every time you listen to it
8/510 only listened to it a few times but as all of WEG's work it accomplishes perfectly what it sets out to do, if I listened to it a few more times I'd probably give it a higher score.
10/10 very personal obviously because slowcore (specially folky and sad) is one of my favourite genres but this is the perfect resolution to the sound.
desu I've just listened to it once and apart from really loving some of the songs I didn't find it as breathtaking as everyone seems to will try again soon.
5.5/10 don't really like swans but this was really good at points
3/10 hate to be all rap sux xd but I listened to it a few times and found it really mediocre.

oops Dream's end is 8/10 or maybe 7.5 idk

8/10
This was always my favorite Doors album.Very underrated.