Jazz thread guy

>jazz thread guy
>has terrible taste in jazz

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interest_(emotion)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

really makes you think

i think his taste is fine. don't really agree with some of his top records (specifically the post-90s picks) but it's nothing absurdly bad

Japanese jazz piano meme man is bad, get over it user

kill yourself you contrarian fag
I guarantee you were gargling his cock until sub-normies started to catch on

This, I have always found that "japanese piano jazz" stuff boring, even when it's being attempted in non-jazz contexts like Nujabes. Fukui is no different. It's shitty jazz for non-jazz "zomg cowboy bebop is so good, guys!" people.

3/10, below average.

does he like/shill that album? i forgot if that was him or someone else here

A lot of the stuff he hypes sounds little better than average to me, but I will say that the guy at least has his own taste that and sticks to it

I do really like jazz (not just the type you're describing, mind you), and I still really enjoy Scenery. I don't understand the massive praise for it, but I also don't understand the new hate for it here. Is the new hate a reaction to the heavy praise or something?

JTG wrote a pretty negative review of it, and it seems to have pissed off one person here on Sup Forums

>gorespammer > jtg
objective truth

>thinks it's a troll when it's all true
Lmao. Repetitive, limited as fuck takes on piano playing being considered masterworks is the real troll.
Pic.

>muh harmonically interesting

Jtg is nothing more than an attention seeker

*thckthckthck*

does his dick taste good user?

>monty
>has terrible taste in music
>has terrible taste in """women"""

you guys know Fukui has more than one album right? Scenery isn't even his best

funny that you post a pic of Coltrane who wrote some of the most harmonically interesting jazz of his time

Really now? Tell me more about this here Coltrane fellow that no one's ever heard of.

oh good, i thought he was one of the people here who obsess over it for some reason

I am not a dick rider especially since I don't agree with him on best Miles or the best of this decade, but I bet that dick's probably better than everything Fukui made put together even if it's the grossest thing out there.

also 5/10 is not "pretty negative," jesus christ guys

Live at Nika is his best

what's best miles? and best of this decade for that matter?

It's funny that you're using Coltrane, a guy who says directly that you shouldn't care about theory, to back up your pedantry about theory.

dipshit

>"I am not a dick rider"
Famous words of a dick rider

For him it's ESP and I think that first Yosvanny Terry record that was out this decade.

>Damn the rules
jesus, what a dirty mouth he had

>one out-of-context quote from a musician is more meaningful than all of his recorded work
you seem like you probably know what you're talking about

No I mean according to you?

it's not out of context because it means exactly what it sounds like. I literally put it IN context for you

Can you please provide for me where these quotes came from? Either where they were published, or recorded, or who heard him say them and when?

For Miles it's probably either Miles Smiles or In A Silent Way.

For this decade it's probably Atmosphères. Sampling and messing around with the live playing of others is pretty cool. Like a new take on being a conductor or something.

I do not know, but the full quote is here and you can reverse search it if you think you can find out yourself:

“I never even thought about whether or not they understand what I'm doing... the emotional reaction is all that matters as long as there's some feeling of communication, it isn't necessary that it be understood.”

I think it's pretty clear what he means. Besides, most other great jazz musicians had a similar view of music.

Yeah, nothing in that quote says that theory and technique aren't an important part of achieving communication and emotional reaction

Found another quote you might like.

I'm definitely saving this

kek

nice deflection of the point which is that 'harmonically interesting' doesn't mean anything if the music doesn't evoke emotional reaction

lol "interest" by definition is an emotion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interest_(emotion)

user didn't say that it wasn't you dipshit the problem is JTG uses it as an ends in itself

I feel like the creative harmonic structures of Coltrane' + Sander's works are equally the result of artists who were well practiced and knew their instruments intimately, and visionary expressionists releasing their full force of emotion. Those who completely discredit the theoretical side of their work are willfully ignorant in a way, because the adventurous chord structures which mark their music are the frameworks for the powerful soloing overtop

>being this autistic

where?

How is it autistic? Obviously anything you find emotionally stimulating will be "interesting" what's the issue?

>doesn't have an argument
>"y-you're just au-autistic!!1!"

kys

You must be new. Whenever you get proven wrong and the other person has a good source to back it up, you call them autistic, simply because they expended time and effort to prove you wrong.

>Insulting one of the best content contributors to this shithole board

You're too autistic to realise that when I said "muh harmonically interesting" I wasn't referring to the word itself but how people use it on this board I.E., you're fucking autistic for posting a definition

Ok well what's wrong with how people use the phrase on this board?

>get BTFO
>try to pretend what you said means something differently than what it actually means

please stop you are fucking embarrassing yourself

I recognize this guy. Who ever is autistically bitching about feeling and fuck like practicing or theory or whatever. Fuck you in the ass guy.

lol at this thread