They should stop; they've said all they have to say

They should stop; they've said all they have to say.

What are you talking about? They're barely getting started

I agree. In fact I think MC Ride ruined Steroids. I never thought this in any of their previous material.

*had

>band with consistent yearly releases since 2011 (2011!), with intermittent EPs thrown in as well
>said releases are nearly all above-average, and even if you disagree with that it's worth noting that fan album rankings are always all over the place so it could be assumed overall quality of their output is invariable

You know what DG is doing? They're trying to fucking own this decade (2010s). Whether you like them or not they're making they're mark. And I don't think anyone should expect them to stop until 2019.

they really are one of the most interesting groups I can think of from this decade. Really fascinating material. I loved Steroids, it's some of their best music. cannot wait for the new album.

What makes these boys so good? I tried money store, bottomless pit, and exmilitary. I do not get it.

try niggas on the moon. those are their three like, pop albums. niggas on the moon is still i guess pop but it's like the pinnacle of what they're capable of imo

they haven't said "nigga" yet though

They strike me as a great punk band for the digital age. Fusing hip-hop and punk you know, and sampling a lot of urban sounds. Stefan's lyrics are very esoteric and pull from many directions, making little comments on art and politics. And the way they handle themselves as a band is interesting to watch. If you don't have a prior taste for distorted rock or industrial / hip-hop, then you probably will not connect with their music.

Goin' back to Tangier nigga
With some Jordans and a spear nigga
Post-Nigga shit nigga
Post chicken or the egg addiction shit nigga

is this what death grips lyrics would like if they were from any other hip-hop artist?

I think they have a lot more they can do, but I don't think they actually wanna do it. Once the initial wow factor of the gimmick of each track passes, you realize that just about everything they have released is very repetitive in structure, MC Ride lacks variation in delivery, and there's not as much often happening at once as other quality hip hop records making for a less engaging moment by moment listen. Considering who's in the band and what they are capable of, these should be feasible improvements to work after, but it's been six full length releases, and it hasn't really changed except maybe for a few tracks on Jenny Death?

both parts of TPTB were their peak

BP and steroids were good too but I don't think they can possibly match Jenny Death and NotM

>there's not as much often happening at once as other quality hip hop records
Do not agree with this by any stretch
>it's been six full length releases, and it hasn't really changed except maybe for a few tracks on Jenny Death
I think they have changed up their sound a reasonable amount on an album by album basis. I agree the general structure of both their songs and albums seems to repeat, but that is not really a problem to me tbqhwyf.

amazing song writing. extremely unique vocals. abrasive mix of multiple genres. interesting members. no obvious past artists you could point to and obviously see they were inspired by them. very consistent. new and interesting punk hip hop.

I think most rappers lack variety in delivery. Ride of course is no exception. But I think he kind of experimented with variation in Steroids iirc. I've only listened to it all the way through three times so bare with me I might be remembering wrong.

Obviously the core of their music is still on every record. Loud mc ride, zachs insane drumming, and andys abrasive producing. That's their trademark they've created that stays consistent in their discography. Other than that, in depth every record has sounded different from all the others. This is why fans album rankings are all over the place. The only album that you could point to that doesn't have as consistent sound to it is TMS. I mean listen to ExM, GP, and NOTM. Sure all 3 are loud and have similar structure with ride on vocals, but all 3 have very obvious distinct differences from one another. Every thing they've done still has their trademark, but creates it's own direction.

They should have actually broken up when they said they would, bottomless pit is a pointless meme.

Gabber Mix is the best thing they've done tbqh

but steroids is amazing friend

NOTM was their peak. That said, I will listen to whatever they release for as long as they're active.

Their influence can be heard on up-and-coming hip-hop, which is worth noting. Not sure where they're going from here, or if the Gabber mix was a one off.