Flames of Nationalism

Why did it fade?

Nazis and white guilt.

I don't think so.

Japanese aren't White or are we?

Because it's a retarded ideology. Fuck nationalism.

its the same as communism

it forces everyone to have the same mindset, same thought, same social values, same belief, same cognition, same historical view, same ideology, and same same same shit

fuck all that same shit

education

This
Thanks based nip

is not japan nationalistic`?

Because war torn the world and jews took advantage of peoples sorrows and made everyone feel some sort of guilt and then turning their respective nation into a shithole.

They sort of are.
You get all kinds of ultra-nationalist anime like Gate and no one gets butthurt.

I recall there's even a manga about some Sup Forumstard going to a protest about degenerate violent foreigners, stringing a girl along with him.

>Japanese aren't White or are we?
Japaryans are white. Same race as Germanics.

This is why Japaryans are great!

1. They're cute!
2. They're traditional!
3. They're Japaryan!
4. They're anime!
5. I love them!
6. Anime!

Nationalism, feeling pride about the place and culture where you were born, makes as much sense as feeling proud when the team of your city wins a soccer match.
You're feeling good about the random events that ended up in you being born in a place/culture/religion.
Easy to manipulate, and with the advent of so many subcultures, it's almost never representative of you as a whole, unless you're basic as shit.

Postmodernism.
Big ideas ended up bad, people became suspicious of them in Europe.
The rest of the world followed suit.
Yanks are a divination due to their exceptionalism.

Japanese imperialism was the worst kind of britbooism.
The paradox is that Japan has done much more to influence the world with its post-war technological boom and its schoolgirl cartoons than it ever achieved by force. Only it's not a paradox, because the success of Britain's Asian empire was rooted in its soft power, too.

>individualists

Where you are born is not just random. You don't fly around in space before you're born, you're the result of your parents and their parents and so on. You could not have become anyone else than who you are today.

You are just a link in the long chain of your peoples existence. In your blood you carry the achievements of the past. Your ancestors still live on this planet through you.

Japaryans did nothing wrong.

>ethnic collectivists

>Postmodernism
its just a critical method tho. and postmodernism as theory didnt predict the civil/racial/religious conflict and the backlash against the big ideas/stories/ideals. it only saw endless diversity coming or everything scattering. the diversity is ongoing but at the same time nu-conservatism based on some cheesy nostalgia comes out of a collective mob mind or "security-ism" like the wall and brexshit has come out. those are probably the new form of the classic nationalism. in this sense, maybe, now is in post-post modern world.

Is this reference to this photo?

Then why did the nationalist spring of nations in europe try to create the first republics if its just about muh evil authoritanianism?
We could have ended up a democracy in 1884 if not for feudalists shutting it down.
Countries where every one is individualistic as fuck do not need to turn out as well as the US and Canada-take a look at south america.

It didn't, people nowadays just have retarded overblown expectations of what nationalism means.

i dont know about such ancient stuff. im not well informed about these things but i think the definition of nationalism or a nationalistic ideal or nationalist as a political/interest group has essentially become different from what you mentioned since ww2. at least in terms of geopolitics, they are clearly completely different.

modern nationalism is a literal piece of shit, its merely some juvenile fairy tale as you can see on Sup Forums or a dated reactionism thats just a wankfest in some nostalgia. and when most of those who believe in such a piece of garbage talk about it, i dont really understand whether they wanna be a "culturally" nationalist or a "nationalistically" nationalist. if you wanna be the former, thats petty close to what japan does. but its not really a "nationalism". its more about a preservation of culture and norm.

did it ? i really don't think so
nationalism is much more relevant today than 20 years ago
brexit, trump elected ... nationalism hasn't been this alive since a long time

Because germans made it uncool.
Damn germans, they ruin everythin.

Yellow guilt

Ethno-Nationalist, but because of "muh racism" and the collapse of empires where you could create seperate places of cultural integration people are now trying to be Civic Nationalist

It is a reference to the Russo-Japanese war.

>You're feeling good about the random events that ended up in you being born in a place/culture/religion.

Fallacy, "you" is a product of a bloodline, a culture and an history.

You two are referring to a different sense of self, a person's genome, than the Bolivian user.

Hitler was a weeaboo?

Nationalism?
No. Now's is Localism.

That's not what Nationalism is. Nationalism is the belief that 'Nations' should be able to govern themselves and have their own states. This contrasts with Imperialism, where one Nation rules others. Nationalism is a good thing.

>feeling pride about the place and culture where you were born
That's not a product of Nationalism. Most people have unquestioningly believed that their parents Race/Ethnicity/Religion/Culture/Way of life is superior to others, for a long long time.

>Civic Nationalist
you mean brexiteers/leavers? i dont really know where they want to go, because the immigration most likely wont stop.

*moves to Buenos Aires*

Japan is not nationalistic at all.

I mean there is no self hate like in Europe but if you go around waving a Japanese flag ppl will think you're nuts

I think because most people saw how terrible WWI and WWII were.

WWII is a direct consequence of WWI, which was mostly a war of geopolitics. The problem in those wars wasn't nationalism per se, but how the nation leaders at the time advertised it to make people fight for their cause.