What, hypothetically, would the US stance be if Canada attacked Denmark?

What, hypothetically, would the US stance be if Canada attacked Denmark?

What's a Canada and why is it in Mark's Den?

As Denmark is a NATO member, attacking it would incur the ire of the entire alliance. Canada would be subject to both military and economic sanctions by all other NATO members until they stepped the fuck off.

Trump would have his advisors write a strongly worded letter while he tweets about it.

What would military sanctions be like?

I think Canada would be no more in a matter of seconds.

As in, NATO forces bomb strategic targets (like oil fields in Alberta) and invade Ottawa.

I aint afraid of the bloody heathen danes

Outrageous. The US would dog it's closes mate all for De*mark?

I'm talking about the US that will bomb you to shit.

You're out of luck leaf, I've only seen one Danish person here and he was a Greek living in Denmark.

>closest mate

They're back stabbers. Don't trust your mate.

They could try. If the Vietnamese and desert people can beat them I like our odds.

Yes. How close of an ally can you really be if you decide to violate one of the treaties that the US is a party to?

Why? What are they planning?

I hate the fat sausage fingers in this picture it looks like he isnt even fat but it is rather a victim of extreme swelling in the hands

The American public would support bombing Canadian capitals in such an event? Even if we were the aggressors? What if we have, like, really good reasons

True, only trust the Netherlands.

Do... Do you actually think ordinary Americans care about Canada?

>good reasons to attack Denmark

There aren't any.

The US would of course support you the other guys is just a memer.

They lay claim to a vital and integral part of Canada.

Strictly speaking, the USA would be obliged to go to war with Canada, as Denmark is a member of NATO.

Of course, so is Canada. But the treaty states that an attack on one is considered an attack on all; it doesn't exclude the case of one NATO country going berzerk. Since Canada would itself be in violation of the NATO treaty (article 2) you could reasonably say that by attacking Denmark, Canada would be giving up claim to being a member in good standing of the NATO alliance.

Of course, the US response would almost certainly not have to be full scale invasion; the United States Navy could cut the two nations off from one another with relative ease.

Of course, this damn near happened. Not between Canada and Denmark, but between Canada and Spain. The US expressed no opinion on the dispute (it was over fish) aside from wanting a peaceful settlement. Had the two countries actually started shooting at each other I've little doubt the USA would have exerted diplomatic pressure first. In the specific case of Canada, that USA can cripple the country through peaceful means, anyway.

They are often out traveling the world and has no time for shitposting on a mongolian trading board.

t. Dane

Greenland =/= Denmark
It is part of the Kingdom if Denmark. They ruled it before Canada even existed.

No. You forgot the Dutch and the Danes are pretty close?

He's talking about Hans Island

Canada doesn't have a military worth mentioning and Denmark is in the EU, nobody would care either way

I didn't know this. Might have to re-evaluate our friendship, dutchbro.

US would only be "Deeply Concerned" and the D*nes will get BTFO for good.

You're both civil countries, split it on the border, that way both profit from it.

You want tulips or not?

It'd be a really good time to annex you and create the North American Union.

>You're both civil countries, split it on the border, that way both profit from it.

Never. I can still name at least 5 other reasons for Nuclear war with Denmark.

Go for it.

I don't have to explain myself to you

The EU would go batshit. America doesn't like the EU going batshit because of the sweet sweet trade shekels.

rip Canada.

Haha, ok. English is hard, I get it.

Did you guys even see that master handshake Lars Loekke did with Trump.

USA will liberate Canada from its oil soon enough.

Trust a Dane, feel the pain

Um try again sweety

Fuck you might be right. If he kills Canada, Canada wins.

qeq

no we are not

I love denmark

We actually suggested this ~30-40 years ago, but the leafs rejected it.

And now all arctic countries, including Russia, have signed an agreement which says that we will respect the UN commessions outcome on border disputes.

This is great for Denmark, because the commission will make their decision based on continental shelves which should give us a good chance of getting both Hans Island and the North Pole

We don't like anyone but you turds living to our north.

Those were on entirely separate continents several decades ago.
A land invasion shouldnt be too difficult.