youtu.be/QO5yyAKZWBw
vocaroo.com/i/s0RYAvhycz4v
npr.org/2017/07/02/535235697/why-does-the-electric-guitar-need-a-hero
youtu.be/mexVZUl1EOM
youtube.com/watch?v=mC9GeVJxW5Y
clyp.it/fd0nsplr
youtube.com/watch?v=PHuaF8-kZmk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4
alternativenation.net/10-reasons-why-dave-grohl-is-a-bigger-icon-than-kurt-cobain/
youtube.com/watch?v=u4jUGFAg2LA
youtube.com/watch?v=BDE6CPK2FWI
youtube.com/watch?v=K3voReqW_4w
youtube.com/watch?v=aiRn3Zlw3Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=XgnQpxhCPfA
youtube.com/watch?v=adICu7ZaaBk
youtube.com/watch?v=WR19W1MqVe8
youtube.com/watch?v=4MnfoNQNQ2A
clyp.it/gywjnopv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First

I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years. Don't know where my level's at but I usually play stuff from artists like Brendon Small, Mastodon, Baroness, Queens of the Stone Age and Acid Bath on my electric guitar. On my acoustic I'm usually just playing random stuff I feel like playing. Bob Dylan, American Football, Mac Demarco, Squidbillies outro theme song, the kind of music Adult Swim has playing before and after each commercial break. But I'm having this problem recently. Whether I try to learn a new song, improvise over a song, or make something up on my own I get no sense of fulfillment after the fact. I don't try to learn something new out of a drive like I used to. I feel no determination to learn something new anymore. I just learn something new out of boredom. Whenever I try something new I'm like "... I guess I'll do that". And after I'm done I say "well that's it then..." I'm not saying that I've known everything there is to know about guitar at this point and I know that when you're bored of something you just give up and do something else. But the thing is that I don't want to give up playing guitar completely because I've spent too much time, money, and dedication towards it. It's just this weird conundrum I'm going through where I'm not having fun playing guitar anymore. Any advice /gg/?

no

Ok thank you. I'll take off some highs and fix that lick at 14".
Which intro you prefer, the first, or the second one with the high inversions?

reposting the links
clyp.it/vikaz0bl
clyp.it/rqckmekl

>He's right handed

Pure
Plebbery

is this pasta?

You burned out by playing to much.

Take like a couple months "off," from playing guitar and try out a new hobby. Loose yourself in something new.

Then when the time is right, you will find yourself wanting to play guitar again, and enjoying when yourself when you are playing.

iunno why the op pic came out like that. file I had was 1480 x 832. I'm probably dumb.

Are valvestates a meme or are they good?

redpill me on surf guitar

If you take all of the distortion of every metal song, they sound like surf music.

youtube.com/watch?v=D_O3TnfpN1E&list=RDD_O3TnfpN1E#t=22

Girl in the video, to honor the thread's current theme.

been listening to a lot of Warpaint recently, both their guitarists and bassists write some really cool stuff

honestly an improvement

>t. blooze dad rooker

atmocucks out

I want to fuck Theresa so badly, my man, it's criminal

How can a chick be so hot?

Please, let me hear your "soulful" out of tuned bends, and your 2 note pentatonic "solo" for 12 bars.

I'm all listened out.

I almost forgot: Yeah, decent. I listened to all they've released the other day and it's alright. I can dig it, anyway.

Highlights being:
Whiteout
The Stall
Elephants
So Good
Don't Wanna
Love Is To Die

Worst:
New Song

youtu.be/QO5yyAKZWBw

she has n00dz in some movie

Lest we forget the Wrecking Crew's Carol Kaye!

That's not what I said, m8. Nudes ain't shit, they're pointless really

Rate my acoustic ditty bros
vocaroo.com/i/s0RYAvhycz4v

Dick Dale, after all these years, is still the King of Surf guitar.

Not a lefty wimp. He just flips a right-handed guitar over and starts playing with strings as is.

Fuck, now that he's 80 I still better get a chance to see him play live.

thoughts?

npr.org/2017/07/02/535235697/why-does-the-electric-guitar-need-a-hero

I want to get stereo reverb in real time, without buying another amp.

Can I just send the mono signal of my guitar, from my Focusrite, into a stereo reverb pedal, and then send the stereo signal back into the Focusrite? I think this is possible.

>t. Eunuch

Anyone know the tabs to this ZZ Top song?

youtu.be/mexVZUl1EOM

>npr

no thanks.

>Women could be the new hope for electric guitar
Lmao.
Also this

Playing fast makes you a better guitar player.

If there were two players, both absolutely equal, except one of them could play parts faster than the other, he would be the greater, more skilled player.

Also pedals are a meme and a waste of money. Shitty players use and obssess over gear to compensate for their poor playing. It never works though.

>Also pedals are a meme and a waste of money. Shitty players use and obssess over gear to compensate for their poor playing. It never works though.

go tell that to nels cline

I remember when I was in high school (2005-2009) every kid wanted a Les Paul or an SG, now it seems like everyone I talk to online fucking hates gibsons and roasts anybody they see using one. What changed?

What do you mean? I've never watched that show

>Also pedals are a meme and a waste of money. Shitty players use and obssess over gear to compensate for their poor playing. It never works though.

juan alderete (the mars volta) and nick reinhart (tera melos, death grips) are the biggest gearheads in the business

they are also better players than you, more popular than you, and make more money than you.

gear is for creative people, and has nothing to do with your playing ability. you arent creative and playing boring unaffected guitar, a dying genre.

But if two players, both equal, and could both play the parts at the fastest speed, the one who plays slower is the more skilled player.

You posted this before and no one replied
Nothing changed, you did though

Dont respond to poorfags.

youtube.com/watch?v=mC9GeVJxW5Y

how long does it take to get this good, /gg/

>juan alderete (the mars volta) and nick reinhart (tera melos, death grips) are the biggest gearheads in the business
It's no coincidence they suck either. You suck too, since youre clearly butthurt over me stating the truth about pedals. Creative people dont need computers and microchips to make good music. Sorry pleb.

two hours

You could learn that by Sunday

>that video
>good

about a month if your practice right and get a faggy haircut

you're all so fucking funny please present your cocks i want to give all of you a long loving blowjob with lots of kisses

wtf samuel dont be gross

Insecure faggots all replying instantly. This is sad. You probably never progressed beyond power chords and pentatonic scale. Go play qotsa or something equally as shit.

>people STILL slap their acoustic guitars

You probably never progressed beyond masturbating into a sock either

IQ has dropped quite a bit.
>tfw too smart to not own 4 2000+$ gibsons

slap your guitar some more

This guy has great coordination.

it's pretty hard to play two different things with each hand like what he is doing, instead of using both hands to play the same thing

>cum sock
That's a rude thing to call your mother.

>ddddurrrr he slapped da guitar so hes bad
>implying you could even play the parts without slapping

Anyone got a idea for the rhythm guitars layering?

clyp.it/fd0nsplr

For now theres: strummed at one side, just picked at other side, inverted picked on center, also a reinforcement for the chorus on the center

please don't attempt to play that stupid slappy crap. it's extremely cheesy. what he's doing seriously isn't difficult anyway, it's just mostly just that one section repeated fucking over and over again while he slaps on his guitar like a retarded fish

agreed

WOW AWESEOM OGRIGNALIY BRO I DId NAZI THAT CUMING HEHE geddit? REDDIT? yes i browse there
>t. YOU

this guy gets it

>Look Ma! I'm slapping my guitar and spamming scales! Grab the Gameboy Camera and put me on the youtube!

>stereo
what is the point? it sounds garbage unless you've had some fucking professional engineer work on it for months

>being so butthurt you type like a literal retard and admit to browsing reddit
Please calm down

Fucking this.

t. "I've been playing for 2 weeks, this guy is amazing, he's like the best ever"

Practice more plebs

yes it sounds raw, i had just recorded the tracks. you're just memeing anyway

Nick and Juan have Grammys and are some of the best technical players around you. Unlike you, they get very creative with pedals.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHuaF8-kZmk

You play unaffected guitar, a boring sound and a dying genre.

lmao that "solo"
pointless, out of tune, wanking: the solo

I'm not "memeing", stereo really does piss me off.
I always thought it was like a special effect or an "extra" little gimmick, from the moment I first listened to it.

>Nick and Juan have Grammys and are some of the best technical players around you.
Jesus, how does one be so stupid?

Is that guitar grooved? How is he doing the scrape at 1:23?

opinions on glenn fricker

We live in a world where they give awards to people just for being black and feeling sorry for them... awards mean sweet fa

I play guitar for 10 years, and that kid is a much better technical player than me (even though i never really aimed to be the most technical guitar player)

Try drumming on your guitar while playing a melody at the same time, its not that easy and requires good coordination

Death Notes OST is GOAT. Really fucking good guitar in that ost

i blame andy mckee for popularizing this gimmicky horseshit

youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

that video caused all of this. fuck andy mckee. stanley jordan may have done it first but all the current copycats are due to andy fucking mckee.

>i never really aimed to be the most technical guitar player
yeah, we see

2/10 would not bang

all me

Jon Gomm is the only one who's managed to turn that gimmick into something worthwhile and memorable

Agreed

Kurt Cobain wasn't the most technical player either and i would say he succeeded

Yeah but you're not Kurt Cobain, bro

>literally making noise
Ya that sounded very creative. Theyre so talented and creative, very musical. So much skill and technique involved. Lmao. Youre a fucking tone deaf pleb, I can tell.
>technical players
Is this a joke?

Do you have any evidence that theyre actually good players besides "dude theyre more popular than u"? All ive seen so far is shitty players using meme pedals as a crutch and a way for idiots like you to think theyre being creative somehow.

Not as a guitarist. He can be a seen as a good song writer, but his guitar skills were terrible.

I never claimed i'm Kurt Cobain. i'm a completely different type of musician. not worse than him, just different.

i just can't listen to it. it's such boring music. all the shit those guys play sounds the same, heard one heard them all. it's music for coffee shops.

alternativenation.net/10-reasons-why-dave-grohl-is-a-bigger-icon-than-kurt-cobain/

>People actually believe this

Dave Grohl is the Avril Lavigne of guitar music

>Guitar skills were terrible
Plebeian detected. Try coming up with riffs that are more memorable and fitting for the song than he did. He had a great ear for music.
He wasn't playing blues, bro. He didn't need ridiculous runs, and stupid tapping, it sounded good without it... and that is what we're all here for, right? Music? It's not about who has the best technique, it's what sounds good

>and that is what we're all here for, right?

I don't know about the rest of you faglords, but I'm only here for sweep arpeggios and alternate picked runs at 240 bpm

i still don't really understand why the foo fighters are so popular. it's pure corporate radio rock schlock. i have no idea how they've survived because that type of music has been pretty much dead for like 10+ years

ya, again, he was good at writing songs (riffs too, if you're into his lame shit) but a terrible guitarist.

Dave Grohl is lame as fuck though.

Dick

They are popular because a lot of people are fucking stupid. It's really that simple. Read the comments on that article, people seriously saying Grohl is/was more talented and a better songwriter than Cobain. It's laughable.

Grohl would be working in McDonalds right now if it wasn't for Nirvana blowing up... and he didn't even play on the some of the songs.

post your warm-up songs, niggers.
youtube.com/watch?v=u4jUGFAg2LA

youtube.com/watch?v=BDE6CPK2FWI

youtube.com/watch?v=K3voReqW_4w

youtube.com/watch?v=aiRn3Zlw3Rw

youtube.com/watch?v=XgnQpxhCPfA

listen to this album
youtube.com/watch?v=adICu7ZaaBk

This is fucking trash holy shit.

You're gonna blow your interface. Why not just put the stereo pedal before the interface and send the output into the 2 channels?

>Epitaph
same

also
youtube.com/watch?v=WR19W1MqVe8
youtube.com/watch?v=4MnfoNQNQ2A

>Try coming up with riffs that are more memorable and fitting for the song than he did.

Not my style,
but oki, i came up with a nirvana-style riff just for you

clyp.it/gywjnopv

Alright that was pretty Nirvana. You win

Can we host a /gg/ guitar battle, or something. I honestly just wanna hear y'all playing.