Hip Hop is dead

Hip Hop is dead.

This is the last nail in the coffin. Hip hop is officially the most commercial and jew controlled genre, even more so than contemporary pop. The genre that was celebrated as the voice of the common, authentic human is now a soapbox for the successful to glamorize their disgusting lifestyles and wave their indulgences over the peasants that they consider you and me to be.

The actual nail in the coffin was when Migos collaborated with Katy Perry, that should have signaled to even the most oblivious of you that the entire concept of african-americans rapping over generic trap beats about how many drugs they do and how violent they are is now a complete sham, and the corniest form of artistic medium that exists in the world today. There’s nothing authentic about the genre anymore, there’s nothing real about these people. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

Hip hop is the professional muwrestling of the music industry.

The only people this is left for is 12 year olds who haven’t caught on yet and white suburban adolescents who have no idea what being authentic or having a personal identity is, so they latch on to whatever is being pushed as a counterculture, even if it is the exact opposite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA
youtu.be/_aVynf_z6ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is how I feel about 90% of hip hop when I listen to it:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSlb1ezRqfA

The RIAA is cancer. Going platinum doesn’t mean anything anymore, and in the future any artists who are lauded for going platinum should be rightfully shunned.

If this was anyone but Jay-Z, I wouldn’t be making such bold statements, but this guy is ingrained in hip hop culture. He’s paving the way for other artists to emulate his bullshit tactics, the fact that he has no artistic integrity and is just straight shekelfiending will signal to other hip hop artists that this genre is purely about making money at the expense of all other things, and keeping the general population ignorant and oblivious. He really thinks we’re all stupid peasants. You have to remember, this guy started out as drug dealer and hustler, and that never changed. HIs product became rap instead of drugs, that’s it.

>Hip hop is the professional wrestling of the music industry.

Maybe now it is, but in the 90s that was different

this obituary is late.

I mean since we're talking about rap.....

because wrestling was better back then? lmao

& just so people don't think it's trolling...

think about hip-hop's origins... literally kids using the breaks in disco songs to rap because that's what they could afford & to me that's a totally valid form of street art...

now look at what hip-hop is..

>Hip Hop
>ever authentic
wat

Your taste is pretty shit but it's hip hop so who gives a fuck

those kids were actually broke, struggling, and making ends meet by any form they could. it was music about the jungle, survival.

When they rapped about violence and drugs, it was poetry because it was them expressing their tragic lives in artistic and creative ways as a means to overcome it, through sheer force of will.

Now it's a bunch of studio gangsters who get an email from a team in the market district that says that rapping about lean and molly increased sales by 12% last quarter, so keep rapping about that.

It's people in suits using black people who think they're free as pawns to take the money from the people too ignorant to form their own opinions. Black people still wear chains, the only different now is the absolute irony that they're proud of them and they show them off. It's a huge dick measuring contest to see who has the biggest and shiniest chain now, it's fucking hilarious. They're bragging about who the biggest slave puppet is.

Labor Days is dope though.
And what's with the bottom row?
By The Throat is on there and has my favourite artist who ever touched a mic.

>And what's with the bottom row?
Still going through the chart. Anything unmarked I have yet to listen (and/or relisten) to.

well well well, at least these 2 user can agree on something

how are streams even calculated for records going platinum now?

what's stopping me from buying a botnet farm and shilling my shitty album into platinum status?

anyone can do platinum now

> Hell Hath No Fury
> Bad

Whoa.

Template?
I don't think it's fit to say the genre's dead. There are still people trying to do new things with it and not everyone is trying to go corporate.

It is funny though. The reason hip hop is so corporate is because it acts so anti-corporate. Of course, the classic rags to riches "ghetto American Dream" is really just to make a ton of money, and the best way to let people know how much money you make is to talk to them about the expensive shit that you buy. Can you believe how much free publicity and brand awareness rappers just give out? And rappers are definitely actors, I think most everyone is aware of that. They're just telling people the stories that people wanna hear, I guess.

At the end of the day, I think it's a sign of a healthy capitalist culture that the punk always ends up going pop - it just shows that you really can sell anything.

I actually want hip hop to die, I thought the emo revival would be the next big thing but it is as shit and sad as always.

I like both genres btw

>hip hop is the professional wrestling of the music industry

can we make this a meme?

I mean it' so fucking true. The whole Drake vs Meek Mill was entirely some shit that would go down on WWE or something, clearly fake as fuck for marketing purposes but extremely effective

'Bout that platinum.....
youtu.be/_aVynf_z6ho

Hip hop has never been authentic though, and there's nothing wrong with that. One doesn't ask actors to have actually done the stuff their characters do, and it should be the same with music.

Also Jay-Z has been a businessman over an artist for a long, LONG time. A citation from the man himself:

I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill' – I ain't been rhyming like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustling since your inception
Fuck perception! Go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most important
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/win

the best part is now that he did it, everyone is going to start doing it.

It's fucking 4:44™, brought to you by Sprint Corporation, bringing you the best in Anti-Establishment™, minority empowerment money can buy.

Remember, "Fuck the police™"!

it's authenticity and defiance of the norm was what made it cool, it was music for outlaws and outliers

Now that it doesn't have that anymore, it has nothing to stand on.

>it's authenticity and defiance of the norm was what made it cool, it was music for outlaws and outliers
Not really. The closest it got to this would be like early east coast stuff. But its origins, and how popular overexaggerating west coasters like NWA got, everyone's been overexaggerating ever since.

it's like 15,000 streams is one record sold or something arbitrary like that

rap is just so white bros and sluts can LARP that they're interesting people

it's not for listening to, it's for doing stupid self destructive shit to

kek

god i hope so, i really can't wait for a new genre to become the new face of mainstream at the turn of the decade

>Labor Days
>A Grand Don't Come for Free
>Hell Hath No Fury
>Least favorite of the year

21 savage is raps jesus
proof? just released his album, "issa"
the name for jesus in arabic? يسوع
translated to inglush?
issa
god damn

Labor days had terrible production.
The Streets has one of the worst rap voices I've heard in my god damn life.
Hell Hath has some of the Neptunes worst beats.

Here ya go bud.

Terrible list, I regretted asking

But you could easily see the list on the other one.

If you hated the albums on it why did you ask for the blank one?

That video was L I T

L I T
I
T

maybe trap rap, which admittedly sucks as a genre because nobody actually cares about the sound, and in turn there's nobody who wants to progress the genre further, so all of it sounds the fucking same. but, there is still plenty that you could do with the genre. not just trap rap (however, let's be honest, trap rap is likely going to have the same sound for forever because again, it's all about image and nobody cares about the sound.) but there are corners that remain unexplored in hip-hop, i would even say. the furthest anyone has strayed from the . from the genre.

This is like right before they beat the shit out of Daniel-San.

ITT rich white kids butthurt by black men getting rich & famous by their own means

mfw Jake will saves HIp-Hop

>their own means
>lying
seems about right

go to bed Joe budden

L I T T Y

So Jay Z bought a million copies himself to get Platinum status?
I assumed this was already a common thing.
>Major label releases album
>Buy's half a million copies themselves
>Wow shocking overnight success how did it happen lmao
>The "success" of the album is used as marketing to sell further albums and make their money back
You can't convince me that this isn't how most big artists started out.

Jay z is a loser

Great posts.

>white people saying "white people"

Can any burgers please elaborate

Sprint bought a bunch of copies for pennies and gave them out for free.

4:44 is literally worth pennies

Fucking kek

It hates you all.
Bad things are coming now.
You think it's a joke.

Your first problem is that you ever thought rap music was about the music first. Black people growing up in bad financial situations just used it as a way to escape poverty. It's always been a business for them.

When an artist runs a label, you know they are a businessman

When an artist has a clothing line you know it's not about music

When an artist runs a streaming service you know it's about power

Jay-Z is about all of this, don't act so surprised kids

lol

>lots of mediocre shit as good and great
>lots of good shit as mediocre and bad
>labor days one of the worst

reminder what is the best hip hop album of all times

But that's not Funcrusher Plus, user

>pinning the entire genre onto Jay-Z, who's been the Mr. Peanut of hip hop for over a decade

There's a reason why Solange beat the shit out of him in an elevator.

Every other shitty rapper is going to do it now and its going to be all his fault

The ultimate nu male getting into hiphop pleb opinion is thinking GRODT is bad

Jesus Christ Hov

>ITT bbys find out the music industry is a business

Mainstream hip hop is dead.

This is the final nail in the coffin. Hip hop is officially the most commercial and jew controlled genre, even more so than contemporary pop. The genre that was celebrated as the voice of the common, authentic human is now a soapbox for the industry plants to glamorize their disgusting lifestyles and wave their indulgences over the peasants that they consider you and me to be.

The actual nail in the coffin was when P.Diddy collaborated with Biggie, that should have signaled to even the most oblivious of you that the entire concept of african-americans rapping over generic beats about how many drugs they do and how violent they are is now a complete sham, and the corniest form of artistic medium that exists in the world today. While there's still outliers hip hop today is mostly overflowing with hapless fakes, there’s nothing real about these people. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

The only people this is left for is the same people that it's been marketed towards indirectly for the past decade, suburban lower middle class youths.

Kekt

I was up late night ballin

jay zs music hasnt been relevant in a long time
kendrick made a song with taylor swift, juicy j made a song with katy, chance made a song with bieber after his acid rap hype, they want easy money for past accomplishments, nothing new or mysterious about it

does self insight just go out the window once you have enough respect/money?

Maybe hip hop fans are too fucking retarded to notice, or they're too high on crack, meth or whatever.

i dont think hes gonna live this down anytime soon, social media loves devouring rappers over bad choices like this

I mean its the second time he's done it.
>Im not a businessman Imma business, man

We can only hope.

Stacking up hundreds by the thousands

GTFO Myke

>labor days
>bad
Now this is shitposting

>change isn't allowed in my genre

>hip hop is dead

Please. Trap is the future? You nerds think edm is going to take over? Rock?

>criticism isn't allowed in my genre

its just endless wank over how everything was better before and nothing new is allowed because it isnt 'real hip hop'