Please help me get into electronic music

Glitch, techno, downtempo, ambient dub, psybient, house etc. everything goes but i really appreciate high sound quality, nice ambience, well textured sounds and surprises. Any recommended album or rym list or anything that helps me get in to this type of music would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3RZMwgtdU4
mega.nz/#!uU5VFKiK!a3MpUsyK5qguWAFpvHmLuOYaGEyfTp0IGDQlzcr-37g
youtube.com/watch?v=eHjxJItKbLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t5ddva4xVBk
youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1LJurvz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=DvPUaMHUzgk
youtu.be/gN61HqVaufc?t=31m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=HuUV9zRcqPY
youtube.com/watch?v=aUruKjZ7KGY
youtube.com/watch?v=QH_liqx0fuI
youtube.com/watch?v=QjMuvKF74yA
youtube.com/watch?v=EpUqoxdU2tE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5rvhXpIOs
youtube.com/watch?v=BETDPpZVfi8
youtube.com/watch?v=1ieYC1LD58I
youtube.com/watch?v=66Iw01gYAy0
youtube.com/watch?v=i86HZi-uqsY
youtube.com/watch?v=omJuxrA5NhM
twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You must first electrocute yourself to truly appreciate electronic music

bump

I am /bleep/ retarded, so I'm going to be following this topic myself. Maybe try listening to Clark- Body Riddle though.

Listen to Dubnobasswithmyheadman by Underworld. It fits most of the genres you listed at one point or another.

Listen to Shackleton's Fabric mix

youtube.com/watch?v=t3RZMwgtdU4

mega.nz/#!uU5VFKiK!a3MpUsyK5qguWAFpvHmLuOYaGEyfTp0IGDQlzcr-37g

If you're into fast exciting music, listen to The Prodigy. My personal favorite is Experience, but their most accessible album is probably Music for the Jilted Generation.

I don't see this album listed here a lot, but it's one of my favs. It combines dub with progressive house (and too many other genres to list here)
(Leftism by Leftfield)

>recommended album or rym list
lol stop approaching electronic dance music from a rockist perspective
that being said RA (Resident Advisor) is your friend, check out their lists and reviews

The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld is probably the best ambient house album of all time. It's required listening.

Last one before I quit samefagging.
This is atmospheric drum and bass, so not the super intense stuff like Pendulum. It's, well... Atmospheric.
If anybody has any recommendations based on these few albums I'd love to hear them.

>but i really appreciate high sound quality, nice ambience, well textured sounds and surprises

Listen to Jan Jelinek - Loop Finding Jazz Records.

It's very chill and quiet, but textured, complex and satisfying. One of my favorite albums, and my go-to afterglow album. I don't know if you fuck with drugs, but if you do, do check this album out.

Also, and this is important, Nicolas Jaar - Nymphs. It's accessible, extremely well crafted and full of interesting sounds.
There are 4 Nymphs EPs, that have since been released as a full album. Listen to the whole thing, if you liked that, listen to everything else he made.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't listen to this at some point, but I consider it essential so I'm going to mention it.
Burial - Untrue. Can't get much more well textured than this.

youtube.com/watch?v=eHjxJItKbLQ

these seem to be really good. Other i have already heard or dont like that much.

suck me

glitch
dub techno
dnb

My chart is mostly electronic music with a pretty heavy skew towards psychill and some more breaky stuff and a bit of chiptunes

we get it, you smoke weed bro

this is atrocious

>ctrl f
>no geogaddi
tf mu

lurk /bleep/, find good tunes, look up artist on discogs, explore label they released on, find others artists on that label, repeat

here's the tune I'm listening to now, you can start with that

youtube.com/watch?v=t5ddva4xVBk

Definitely get on Voices from the Lake

You can't possibly be into electronic music and think that's all bad. Also a lot of it fits right into what OP asked for in terms of style so whateva nigga

It's just shitty whoa so chill man trite garbage, nothing of substance there
OK BoC are decent, rest is vapid crap

Wow really disagree with that assessment. What constitutes substance for you? It's all really high quality with great sound design/production and interesting and/or catchy composition IMO. I get the impression you just don't like any of the styles represented more than you think those are bad examples of those styles.

ahhhh, fine, i'll give you some reccs
Motorbass - Pansoul (for the daft punk stuff)
Cybernetika - Colossus (for the overproduced, ebic sounding stuff on your chart)
better?

You make this? You did good, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1LJurvz1g

see last six rows

those are some shitty recs pham

youtube.com/watch?v=DvPUaMHUzgk

that chart is moronic

>industrial being a rock subgenre
>that Earth and Hash Jar Tempo album being under electronic despite the fact they are both guitar based drone albums
>that random as fuck placement of albums listed as "Electronic Dance Music" (did the maker of the chart put in that Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft album and got confused with the similarly named abbreviation EMB?)
>treating "Intelligent Dance Music" as an actual subgenre

disgusting

*EBM I mean not EMB

Thanks. Not usually that into the more straight-up dance music and wasn't liking it at the start but Pansoul does get pretty cool towards the end of track 2 and it's been keeping my attention since then. Colossus is pretty groovy so far from what I heard (still going through Pansoul atm but gave it a brief look), if it maintains variety throughout I could end up liking it a lot.
As an aside, overproduced has always struck me as a strange complaint in any context. More layers and polish are almost always a good thing to me (when done well of course).

Dirty epic is a masterpiece.

>industrial being a rock subgenre
those albums are mostly industrial rock

>that Earth and Hash Jar Tempo album being under electronic despite the fact they are both guitar based drone albums
what about fripp & eno?

>that random as fuck placement of albums listed as "Electronic Dance Music" (did the maker of the chart put in that Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft album and got confused with the similarly named abbreviation EMB?)
if disco is electronic, then emb is electronic too

What's bottom left?

bruh lots of good electronic music is in album/EP format. it's not all /bleep/ circle singles

secede tryshasla

Thanks buddy

youtu.be/gN61HqVaufc?t=31m27s

youtube.com/watch?v=HuUV9zRcqPY

youtube.com/watch?v=aUruKjZ7KGY

>circle singles
12"s, user. we call them 12"s

youtube.com/watch?v=QH_liqx0fuI

youtube.com/watch?v=QjMuvKF74yA

A good way to get into any electronic sub-genre is mixes but based on what you've posted I doubt you will like any of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=EpUqoxdU2tE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5rvhXpIOs
youtube.com/watch?v=BETDPpZVfi8
youtube.com/watch?v=1ieYC1LD58I
youtube.com/watch?v=66Iw01gYAy0
youtube.com/watch?v=i86HZi-uqsY

thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=omJuxrA5NhM

>Time Tourist on there but no Electro Soma

You obviously cannot trust that list

For ants?

Bampu

Blondes - Swisher

skrillex

Stop lumping everything made with instruments that have plugs together for a start.

Techno alone is as big and varied as metal or hip hop.

twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes

What are some good sample-based dub albums? Like Muslimgauze but without the middle-eastern influence, that would be nice.

>please help me get into shit music

I care enough about you to not do this, user.

He didn't ask for rock.

Timeless by Goldie is still my favorite DnB album, is there a DnB album that even compares? Bonus points if it includes a black lady singing

4hero - Two Pages or anything after