Why do people love this show so much? I'm almost done with the first season and its mediocre as fuck. Dialog is weak...

Why do people love this show so much? I'm almost done with the first season and its mediocre as fuck. Dialog is weak, characters are boring, and the entire premise barely maintains my intrest for an entire episode.

I'll never understand it either. I made it 3/4th through the 1st season, then remembered the constant "Season one was way better."

No point of carrying on if mid S1 is the highlight.

Wew, lad. Fucking early 90s TV watchers must have been desperate.

twin peaks hate thread?

This show is garbage. It's one of those cases where the critics told everyone it was a masterpiece and they went along with it for some reason. Most people probably didn't even understand all the zany shit, which is why they stopped watching when the killer was revealed- they literally only understood the surface-level mystery (because everything else was just made up nonsense).

Anyone who likes this show is lying to themselves.

dropped it 3 episodes in

It's of the most groundbreaking shows ever, like top 3 most influential. In some respects it comes off as cheesy today but it was a network show in 1990, the fact that it got away with any of the stuff it did is miraculous.

How you could find a character like Cooper to be boring and have weak dialogue is beyond me.

I couldn't get past 30 minutes of the first episode

I will eventually try watching it again though, just from the sheer amount of posting this one old tv show gets on this board

What shows do you like? Movies?

Dancing with the Stars. Legally Blonde.

How many of you guys that can't stand this show were born in the 90s?

You have to understand that premise is less important than style in storytelling. The thematic atmosphere alone carries the show.

just finished twin peaks and fwwm, absolutely god-tier

don't know what you guys are on about desu

i don't really get the parts in fwwm which imply timefuckery, like when bowie's character points to cooper and asks them who they think he is and the part where annie appears and talks about cooper being in the lodge

18+ chap

Yeah, it's my least favorite thing by David Lynch. I never understood the hype.

The lodge fucks with time. Basically Bowie saw what happened at the end of season 2, which is what he meant when he pointed to Cooper.

this is me , 1991

but I've watched and enjoyed plenty of media that is older than I am

some of the characters are interesting or funny, like cooper

I like the comfy log cabin feel to it, I like how David Lynch uses subtle techniques that I can't explain to make the show feel off putting and eerie, I also think it's cool that killer bob's appearance is scary even though he's just a normal looking native american dude with long hair

I'm almost finished with the first season, I do agree though that some of the episodes drag on

its got some great parts here and there and maybe 2 great characters. I think it blew up because it hit Netflix and
>muh 90s nostalgia
it's arguably Lynch's worst work (Dune doesn't count). normies love it.

I just finished watching it, absolutely loved it. 1994.

Watched the pilot and didn't love it. 6/10

Worth it to keep watching?

That bend looks very different in summer.

That's up to you you little brainless faggot

Uh, I'm asking for opinions here. If you don't have one, you can fuck off.

yes
prepare for things to get weird

I love Twin Peaks, but it's not something I would expect everybody to be able to enjoy.

Born in 88. I think some younger people have trouble getting past the setting, hairstyles, old-timey vibe, and Lynch's corny dialogue. Most people just want to get right to the surreal stufdf, but those parts are more striking if you allow for some tension building and contrast with the idyllic small town atmosphere.

Wayward Pines or Twin Peaks?

Can we talk about how incredibly underrated and good Fire Walk With Me is?

You are fucking pathetic. you need someone to tell you if you should watch a tv show or not? You're incapable of drawing some kind of conclusion based on what you've seen? I feel rage and pity towards one such as you. Keep watching the show but don't expect it to be like other shit you've watched.

kill yourself

just asking for recommendations as to if people think i'll like the rest if i didn't like the pilot
that's all, calm your tits man

if you hated everything about it, the music, the characters, their dialog, the overall aesthetic, then no don't try to finish it.

There's something wrong with your age group. watch the fucking show or don't, try another episode, if you don't like it turn it off. jesus christ. I feel like i'm watching the world burn down around me. Fuck you.

i didn't say that. i said it was alright. jesus.

>hurr millennials
fuck off old man

Born in 93, really enjoyed it. Stopped watching after the murderer was revealed. Don't feel like I missed out on anything. Same with stopping after season 4 of Dexter.

No, just disgusting, ignorant spoonfed fagboys like you that have been wrapped in cotton wool their entire lives. Also calling people in their late 20's-early 30's oldman/grandpa is another pathetic sign of your type. fuck you.

he's just asking for a simple recommendation. nothing wrong with that. holy shit you are easily triggered

The first time I watched Twin Peaks I did the same thing as you, but once I got into the show it became one of my favorites. It takes some time to work its magic.

He watched the pilot and thought it was ok, should he watch some more? That seems like something he should be able to manage alone. Then he could come back and tell us if he though it was good or bad and we could discuss it.

i think he's just wondering if the pilot is indicative of the style/tone/writing/etc. of the entire series. it's simple to say either yes - the rest is pretty darn similar, or no - it takes a while to get into and goes a lot deeper and gets better, for example

the fact that you have to justify it by saying it was great "in its time" tells us all that it's actually shit and hasn't aged well at all.

sure maybe it was hugely influential but so was the first movie with sound. I doubt it's in your top ten most favorite movies though

If you look back you'll see that I did tell him to watch it.

yeah after complaining and being annoying when you could have 1. said that right off the bat or 2. not replied at all if it caused you to get triggered so hard
though i guess i shouldn't expect more from this site

I'm not going to apologise for being disgusted by you and the way you think. that's what's good about coming here.

i didnt read your op. I was just trying to help you, you defensive bitch.

The last ep is the most kino thing that has ever been on television

you missed the finale (literally the best episode)

You might be a bigger pleb than the guy who can't decide if he's going to watch the 2nd episode.

>mfw Lynch planned the series revival 25 years ago, or was just fucking around with people to the extreme.
I can only imagine the butthurt of people seeing it on air during the original run.

goat character coming through

Moody atmosphere, great soundtrack, cute girls, whodunit mystery. What's not to love?

Oh man, you sure got me! I've been lying to myself this whole time! I *hate* Twin Peaks!

Sometimes it's a masterpiece, sometimes it's a pretty boring soap opera. The show definitely isn't garbage though, and if that's your opinion you're either a pleb or someone who doesn't dig Lynch.

I'm leaning more towards pleb for you, though.

>10/10 comfy kino
>that soundtrack
>all those great characters
>perfectly paced with so many cool things happening per episode
>dark and strange when it needs to be
>FWWM is a masterpiece that ties it all together

I don't understand how you could dislike it. Maybe the hokey acting turned you off? But even that adds to the charm.

I agree with this user.

This show is charming as fuck and unique as all hell. It might not be for everyone and I don't imagine people being in the middle with this, but that's ok.

I wish a whole movie was dedicated to this guy doing random crazy stuff

kys yourself dude

Did lynch rape his daughter and wrote this show based on that then threaten to kill her?

>believing in what Mike said