DnB thread

DnB thread

Some great tunes in this long mix:
youtube.com/watch?v=thxXVmArbwE&feature=em-lss

What are some must have tracks also post some not known tracks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OM5Pud9b-x0
youtube.com/watch?v=GyjZKzIt0rY
twitter.com/RaveDownloads
youtube.com/watch?v=0g3_VNiNTzs
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfbUZ1pGxo
youtube.com/watch?v=t3hEM95L5Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=XQcTMtEiBO4
youtube.com/watch?v=hEqylw8czng
youtube.com/watch?v=yh-pd90ae8U
youtube.com/watch?v=YwstXdwO2lA
m.soundcloud.com/skeleton-army/foul-play-mini-mix?in=skeleton-army/sets/dj-mixes-mixtapes
m.soundcloud.com/ethereal94/ellis-dee-love-of-life-jungle-mix-vol-1-september-1994
youtube.com/watch?v=z9Ke1aBnQgQ
youtu.be/s3h3RXspFEo
livestream.com/belfastunderground/tv/videos/158148972
youtube.com/watch?v=MTJvu3_3cS8
youtu.be/LN52lI8nST4
youtu.be/DqA5cG80cE8
youtube.com/watch?v=XAaa6SJP1mo
youtube.com/watch?v=3QMiCBJ7yRM
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=RkENy3t_fgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XoSscshAG-4
youtube.com/watch?v=qsktXxjZRRo
youtu.be/RPNvZernY60
youtube.com/watch?v=kP9-QFNkBFI
youtube.com/watch?v=CbUkOPwbJGI
youtube.com/watch?v=FoPDyDTWj0I
youtube.com/watch?v=L4_EwKaqYlg
mediafire.com/?i7a1b7dvgdgdx
mega.co.nz/#F!FQohzYYA!elH7Myk0DPE9We-2DFtYyg
mega.co.nz/#F!2kRiRCJL!Wuotix945fx0EL0miRwqlg
youtube.com/watch?v=MoFaaxowYrE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-t6JiWqpdY
archive.org/details/Suburban_Bass_Complete_Discography
youtube.com/watch?v=7KMgbDpmGlo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2L0AQj2sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm mostly dissappointed with D&B these days but there's been some alright releases this year. There's been a lot more good Jungle and oldskool hardcore this year though. Haven't settled on a D&B LP of the year so far but it will probably be Calibre - The Deep or Klute - Read Between The Lines.

I've spent most of the last couple of months listening to old Jungle tapes rather than new stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=OM5Pud9b-x0
youtube.com/watch?v=GyjZKzIt0rY

How come you are disappointed? Isn't there enough distinction between the tracks or what?
Also i listen to older mixes here:
twitter.com/RaveDownloads
They're pretty good.

It's mainly that I've been listening to D&B for ages now and recently it just feels like either everything sounds the same or everything tries to hard to be experimental and different that it comes across not sounding like D&B. I also don't like a lot of the Neurofunk coming out on labels like Eatbrain and Blackout NL (and I used to really like Neurofunk) and the modern labels I used to really be into like Samurai Music, Exit Tunes and Critical Recordings aren't releasing as much good stuff as they did a couple of years ago (but Ingredients still is).
youtube.com/watch?v=0g3_VNiNTzs

I think I'm just getting bored of D&B now apart from old Techstep which no one makes anymore, whereas I still like Jungle and Breakbeat Hardcore as much as I have ever done.

jungle revivalism is a blessing

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfbUZ1pGxo
youtube.com/watch?v=t3hEM95L5Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=XQcTMtEiBO4
youtube.com/watch?v=hEqylw8czng

Neuro has been shit for years dude. Critical has some really gnarly releases lately. The 15 years Underground Sonics was cool, and Vromm is an absolute beast. Might be time to move onto halftime

I'd never heard of Coco Bryce until maybe last year but he seems to be releasing loads of great shit, everything on Myor Massiv so far has been huge.
youtube.com/watch?v=yh-pd90ae8U

7th Storey Projects are also doing some cool shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=YwstXdwO2lA

There's a label called Repertoire which has some great shit on there but it's hard to find any of it.

I used to like Neurofunk a lot around 2004-05 but around 07 it started going downhill a bit, and apart from a brief revival when Neosignal was announced it hasn't ever got any better. The Underground Sonics comp was nice though.

I've never been into Halftime at all. I prefer my breakbeats to be fast tempo, I've never really like slower D&B/Jungle.

m.soundcloud.com/skeleton-army/foul-play-mini-mix?in=skeleton-army/sets/dj-mixes-mixtapes
m.soundcloud.com/ethereal94/ellis-dee-love-of-life-jungle-mix-vol-1-september-1994
I'll check these when I can. Only modern junglists I know rn are Special Request, Manix, and Rezzett. Thanks!

>Manix
>modern

lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=z9Ke1aBnQgQ

Well, he did release this back in 2013. youtu.be/s3h3RXspFEo

livestream.com/belfastunderground/tv/videos/158148972 two of the local scenes best tearing it up on their weekly livestream. Lots of new stuff and lots of their own stuff.

I haven't listened to any new D&B since '07. What's good nowadays?

Dom's recent EP was solid

Smoke Signals by Overlook (on UVB-76 Music) is my favorite D&B LP of the year so far. Though I expected a little more, it has some truly interesting tracks with fantastic drums.

Bungle - Cocooned (on 31 Records) is my favorite EP. Highly recommended, also it's all killer no filler which is too rare in D&B these days unfortunately. Massive, massive stuff.

Not loads, my list of good breakbeat releases from this year is mostly Jungle or Hardcore because I haven't heard loads of good D&B this year.

The comp of the year so far is probably Gradients.

That's too bad. In any case, I'll likely be checking out all recs ITT.

Good to know, Dom is one of my favourites for sure.

these threads are comfy and full of good recs
youtube.com/watch?v=MTJvu3_3cS8

Eatbrain did release that malux EP and agressor bunx' album, which weren't too bad. Blackout also had gridloks nice new album, but DnB is changing. 1991 is a fucking beast with his stuff

Some new invisible stuff today. Solids_1

youtu.be/LN52lI8nST4

youtu.be/DqA5cG80cE8

Some new stuff that sounds pretty damn good

I find the halftime craze okay, but it seems boring. Noisia and ivy lab are masters at this, but now it needs to stop.

Here's everything I liked with Breakbeats this year.

(BOG 24) [2017] Secret Squirrel - Essential Squirrel Beats Vol1 EP
(BUNIT003) [2017] Om Unit & Sam Binga - TransSiberian
(C4CDIGUK043) [2017] Skynet - Transhumanism
(DDD01T) [2017] Dom & Roland - Aliens, Zodiac (Dubs From The Dubgeon)
(DDD02T) [2017] Dom & Roland - The Trap, Swarm
(DDD03T) [2017] Dillinja - End Of The Line, Acid Roller
(DDD04T) [2017] Dom & Roland - Invasion (Mothership Remix). Revenge
(DDD05T) [2017] DJ Krust - Ivory Puzzle, Flip It
(DEEP 01) [2017] FX and Worldwide Epidemic - Demonic Epidemic
(DRB02) [2017] Various - DRB02
(DRP013T) [2017] Dom & Fierce and Dom & Xanadu - Just Loop It, Ultraviolet
(EXIT071) [2017] Skeptical & Alix Perez - Without A Trace
(FUNC041) [2017] Spirit - Stalker
(GBW 006) [2017] Phineus II - The Bells Of Eden EP
(GBW 007) [2017] Kid Lib & Tim Reaper – The Amen Therapy EP
(HAV002) [2017] Various - Overdose, The Cloak, See Through
(LORE001) [2017] Dead Man’s Chest - Throwing Shades
(LUV 01) [2017] Coco Bryce - Love Fools
(MASSIV 07) [2017] FFF and Coco Bryce - Massiv 07
(META048) [2017] Paradox & Nucleus - Wrath Part 1
(META049) [2017] Paradox & Nucleus - Wrath Part 2
(PEARL 01) [2017] Coco Bryce and FFF - Diamond Life 01
(PPRFNK030) [2017] Paperclip & Dereck - Quad Damage EP
(PRSPCTRVLT016) [2017] VOODOOM - Tribesmen EP
(RECIPE 52) [2017] Dead Man's Chest - Trilogy Dubs Vol. 1
(RECIPE 53) [2017] Dead Man's Chest - Trilogy Dubs Vol. 2
(RECIPE 54) [2017] Dead Man's Chest - Trilogy Dubs Vol. 3
(REPRVD010) [2017] Law - Sophine, Emptiness Is Form (The Remixes)
(SBSLS001) [2017] Sam Binga and Pev & Kowton - Wasted Days & End Point (Remixes)
(SECOPS025) [2017] Seba - Stasis, Inner World
(SKELR10) [2017] Ricky Force - The Cause, 147

Dead Man's Chest - Trilogy Dubs Vol. 1 or Throwing Shades is my EPOTY.

LPs:
(BLCKTNL042CD) [2017] Black Sun Empire - The Wrong Room
(BLCKTNL044) [2017] Gridlok - Z3R0 H0U2
(DISSULP001) [2017] Survival - Take It Back
(OTHCDLP003) [2017] Katharsys - Metallicity
(SIGCD012) [2017] Calibre - The Deep
(SUICIDECD018) [2017] Klute - Read Between The Lines
(SWCD002) [2017] Nebula - Astronomy
Genotype - 2017 - Bomb Shell LP
PZG & Dubsknit - 2017 - We Rob Rave 2

Comps/Mixes:
(APHALP001) [2017] Various - Gradients LP
(BRSSCD5HG) [2017] Various - Homegrown Records 1993 Old Skool Classics
(CBR022) [2017] Various - Om Unit Presents Cosmology Selections
(CRIT100) [2017] Various - Critical Music Presents 15 Years Of Underground Sonics
(JOAEP04) [2017] The Dream Team - The Joker Records Remix Collection
(RHLP100) [2017] Various - Renegade Hardware Presents The Final Chapter
(SUBBASE 9001X) [2017] Various - Suburban Base 25
Coco Bryce - 2017 - Bakeneko
Various - 2017 - BNKR ARCHIVE 001

AOTY is Nebula - Astronomy (well, it's actually Luke Vibert - UK Garave Vol. 1 but that isn't all D&B/Jungle).

I wasn't a huge fan of the new Agressor Bunx LP, it's pretty similar to a lot of stuff that used to come out regularly over the last few years.

I can't get into Ivy Lab as hard as I try.

Thank you.

Super Sharp Shooter (kicks off about 0:58)
youtube.com/watch?v=XAaa6SJP1mo

Jungle vibes- Shy Fx
youtube.com/watch?v=3QMiCBJ7yRM

High Contrast is spot on too
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=RkENy3t_fgQ
/watch?v=Pz1W1OLkw14
youtube.com/watch?v=XoSscshAG-4

High Contrast's Northern Soul Set for Alter Ego was incredible too.

Thanks much, this is very comprehesive. Will keep me busy for awhile.

MAKE ROOM BEST DNB SONG COMING THROUGH

youtube.com/watch?v=qsktXxjZRRo

Ninj, what did you think of Gridlok's album? I was very, very disappointed by it. Calibre was also a disappointment for me, as much as I hate to admit it (the opener 'No One Gets You' is great, though).

However, the first half of Klute's LP is really solid ('Soul Boy' is what I'm talking about). And I only listened once to the Survival one but it has quite the bangers.

Had no idea about the Nebula album. I'm listening to excerpts now and it sounds marvelous. Will check some other stuff you listed, too. Always cool to catch up by checking your recs, man. Cheers.

youtu.be/RPNvZernY60

Is this the best liquid track of all time?

Gridloks album was...decent. I did like vault dweller and the hive collaboration, but the rest felt weak and not like gridlok.

Full release of Mr Happy VIP when. Been waiting for it ever since I heard it in DJ Hazard's FL mix.
youtube.com/watch?v=kP9-QFNkBFI

Gridlok's LP was what I expected it to be given that it's on Blackout NL. I don't actually like that label desu but it's Black Sun Empire so by law I have to listen to it all. Even BSE's latest LP on their was only alright, which is a huge drop in form for them as every LP they did (apart from Lights and Wires) has been excellent. I haven't listened to any old Gridlok for ages though, I don't even remember what his Project 51 stuff sounds like.

Calibre's LP this year was good, not quite up to the same standards as his older stuff but still nice. I think Spill was the last album by him which I thought was actually impressive rather than being just good, but he's made life impossible for himself seeing as nothing (by anyone) will ever live up to Second Sun. New Klute was standard Klute, which is a good thing. The Survival LP was actually a lot better than I thought it was going to be, I like Dispatch Recordings but I don't always listen to everything off it. The whole album was solid from start to finish.

But Astronomy is better than everything else this year by a mile.
youtube.com/watch?v=CbUkOPwbJGI
youtube.com/watch?v=FoPDyDTWj0I

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=L4_EwKaqYlg

Fucking hell m8, i knew that Nebula LP was gonna be big since SW announce it. Also a great label for anyone interested in new jungle and dnb.

You should post your archives since you're here lad :^) (already have em bookmarked t b h).

If you want to listen to gridloks best, it's in the break the system album, and the insecticide/dirtball single.

The MF and the first Mega link are full, the 2nd Mega link occasionally gets updated every know and again.
mediafire.com/?i7a1b7dvgdgdx
mega.co.nz/#F!FQohzYYA!elH7Myk0DPE9We-2DFtYyg
mega.co.nz/#F!2kRiRCJL!Wuotix945fx0EL0miRwqlg

Can't be arsed to post the contents because that will take like 5 posts.

I've heard Break The System but so long ago that I can't remember any of it. My favourite Gridlok track is Vampire.
youtube.com/watch?v=MoFaaxowYrE

I like all of Gridlok's release on Violence, but then again I like all of Violence Recordings.

This was the pinnacle
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-t6JiWqpdY

What is the best of violence recordings,

OP here,nice goodies here.Thanks for the recommendations.

Hello. I only really listen to techno. Recommend me some good dnb to start off to.

a great archive for all the suburban base fans.

archive.org/details/Suburban_Bass_Complete_Discography

Both LPs are good, any Hive 12" is good, my favourites are Vampire and Neo.

You might like Techstep. Tempo is completely different but atmoshpere is similar to some Techno.
youtube.com/watch?v=7KMgbDpmGlo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv2L0AQj2sw