SYRIA GENERAL /sg/ - Bad times edition

Visit our site! It has news, research material, videos, music & more.

syriagenerals.wordpress.com/developments/

>Southfront –Syria Military review: 11 May
youtube.com/watch?v=qnyQD7A1MCQ

>The White Helmets Myth
youtu.be/s8_cPE30z-I
>Apocalyptic Jobar HD Drone
youtu.be/mJtrBg8TQaM

PERMANENT MAPS
>Live hohol with ticker
syria.liveuamap.com/
>Interactive military map
militarymaps.info/
>Syria conflict map
cartercenter.org/syria-conflict-map/
> Syria Civil war
www.edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cp1IqfoXb4I
mideast.liveuamap.com/en/2016/12-may-graduation-of-593-ndf-recruits-5th-group-from-their
rt.com/news/342800-erdogan-syria-border-clearing/
youtube.com/watch?v=HtdbSd9yl78
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hood_event
youtube.com/watch?v=O4uSnr0gdN0
youtu.be/qUw6fckuLSM
youtube.com/watch?v=hT5DuMulYCM
milliyet.com.tr
twitter.com/CNNTURK_ENG/status/730847689273950208
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=cp1IqfoXb4I

What the fuck. A whole fucking company fleeing from rebels. Is there even any hope left for these goatfuckers?

morning everyone

this last weeks were pretty sad

They've been fighting a civil year for 5 years straight while under sanctions. They don't have the money, men or supplies to risk them in situations where it looks hairy and where they don't have a very good chance of success.

It's a whole company, over 150 men. Instead of fighting, they are running away, some even CASUALLY walking from the battlefield. It's even more funny that the rebels didn't hit anyone. Imagine if the rebels had a spare TOW to use or mortars

Remember to never trust anchovies

Any information on when and where?

Are these guys SAA or some militia? I don't see any heavy weapons or equipment of any kind, so could these be some place-holder NDF guys?

>Graduation of 593 NDF recruits (5th group) from their military training in Al Hasaka today

mideast.liveuamap.com/en/2016/12-may-graduation-of-593-ndf-recruits-5th-group-from-their

Every time you think about Greater Syria, a moderate beheaded dies and goes to hell.

>kurdistan youtube channel

Handarat district, north of Aleppo city

So the people we see are Palestinian miltia (al-Quds), right?

morning /sg/

what a shitty way to start the thread off. fuckin SAA getting BTFO. they really have no hope without ivan flying +100 sorties a day

Not sure, but the rebels are apparently from the group Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki, which is supported by the USA and also supplied with TOWs

At 25 seconds... is one of the guys running trying to use his rifle to row away? Surely this isn't SAA?

How the fuck do you lose a town in the Homs pocket??

also
>western half of Homs pocket doesnt have al-Nusra, they said
meanwhile Nusra are reportedly (with some other indistuingishable rebel cunts) the ones who managed to take Al-Zara

reportedly all Alawites in the town have been kidnapped and some NDF too

Guys, what about the announcement from ErdoGay that they want to create a buffer zone in Syria while clearing Killis ?

>rt.com/news/342800-erdogan-syria-border-clearing/

are you from 5 years ago?

>all that shooting
>nobody gets shot

seems fake as fuck famalam

Yeah, what the fuck was that video? Most of the people running away werent even fucking armed.

Yeah why didn't they shoot at them when they fled? weird.

oh there was shooting going on alright... by the camera man

propaganda is more powerful than bullets eh, eh?

so fronts recap.

north Aleppo city: bad (Handarat failed offensive)
south of Aleppo city: stable-bad (Khan Tuman still not retaken and several pro-gov casualties)
Homs pocket: stable-bad (only Al-Zara lost to Nusra&co by surprise attack)
east of Palmyra: stable (T4 airport area under attack&casualties. Shaer gas fields minor progress some surroundings being taken)

>Every time you think about Greater Syria, a moderate beheader dies and goes to hell.

So do you think we can get some kind of Greater Syria prayer wheel effect like the Buddhists have?

Is there any confirmation that these guys were even fighting ISIS?
We already know that ISIS are reliant on propagandists, so maybe this was staged in order to hit the SAA's morale at a time when ISIS is actually weak. This would also make sense since none of those fleeing were shot, and given 's statement (and just the way things are) and we know the group filming had access to explosive projectiles but didn't use them on a huge cluster of their enemies.

Even if they wanted to get footage of the enemy fleeing for morale purposes, why not shoot? It would prevent them from being a problem later, potentially yield supplies, and act as a bigger statement (body count, ruthlessness, etc).

Yes, it's kinda depressing. One would think that with that many other areas being quiet, SAA would be able to gather enough competent troops somewhere to actually make some gains.

At least the various rebels doesn't seem to make any big gains either. A village here and there may be good for morale, but it's not like there are any major changes of colour on the map of Syria.

Well it wasnt ISIS in the first place cause its northern Aleppo city
it was al-Nusra and this western-backed Nour al-Din al-Zenki Movement faggot group

al-Nusra does like its propaganda too though so who knows

>At least the various rebels doesn't seem to make any big gains either.
That is indeed one of the very few reliefs.

the Shaer fields/T4 Airport east of Palmyra may be hairy now, but still SAA gained quite a decent area around Palmyra (and around Qaryatayn some, too), which was and is a decent shift of "map colour"

The colour on the map is pretty irrelevant. If the SAA and their allies continue to lose equipment and ground, morale might collapse. Especially if they get the impression Russia is backing out on them.

But I don't think Russia is done just yet.

Russian/Iranian/Syrian armies joint-invasion of Idlib when

They've been through way worse than this.

Here they lose a couple of towns and everyone is like

SAA is done, it's all ogre now!

This doesn't change the fact that SAA has held the initiative for months now. They gained much more than they lost.

Whats happening in Syria right now is that it just shows that this war wont be over for a long time still.

>They've been through way worse than this.
They have Russian support now though

bump

bump

>Syria: Jaysh Al Fatah published a video showing the Battle of Khan Tuman

youtube.com/watch?v=HtdbSd9yl78

anyone have the hohol live map link?

literally in the OP

>i managed to miss it somehow

I wonder if SAA also use some offensive tactics or if they just fucking do something

>They have Russian support now
Russia showed in Armenia how much you can rely on their support

This is what Sup Forums mods look like.

Tag bort detta.

>Oh look, this group of guys, that i don't like, have people that use internet for propaganda purposes.
Well, that's unthinkable, huh?

/sg/ is kill

*Butthurt*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hood_event

Russia/Iran total blitzkrieg Syria/Iraq when?
Then forcing all the refugees to go back, when?
West + east invest and build housings in Iraq&Syria fill them whit refugees... win&win

bump

bump

bump

Honestly for now it is.

Let it die goys

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

So all that bombing and Russia didn't achieve anything? Putin must be really pissed.

Go away GCHQ.

*revenge*
youtube.com/watch?v=O4uSnr0gdN0

Nah our five eyes are everywhere

No, Russian objective was to turn the tide so the Syrian Government wouldn't fall. They accomplished that and now Russia is trying its hardest to broker a peace between the moderate rebels and the government.

Ahrar el sham destroyed a regime car
youtu.be/qUw6fckuLSM

I miss Mark

*cringe*

delet this you /tr/ lurker

come closer

admit it sexy as fuck

SAA losing everywhere

how the fuck are the rebels in the Homs pocket keeping supplied and fed?

They get humanitarian aid, starving them out would get the whole west screaming about crimes against humanity. No idea how they get ammo, if they hide it in the food trucks SAA is even more incompetent than i thought.

>Turkey

Da jouus

shit, so the SAA can't even jsut wait them out

new monument opened in LPR

guess who is who in this sculpture ?

Me too, at least he was quality terrorist, unlike these roaches who are nothing more than actual r€dditors.

they can probably wait until they run out of ammo. They can't really starve them out, but the rebels there can theoretically run out of everything that isnt flour and water

no idea, please enlighten me

That's obviously Christ on the flag. That guy holding the flag looks like the kebab remover to me.

cassock babai
puppy master (miltchikov)
third one don`t know

youtube.com/watch?v=hT5DuMulYCM
opening

Erdo tried to fire Kurd MP's, lift immunity, his MP's didn't show up to vote. There is revolt already within AKP as predicted.

so what happens now?

Who are the moderate rebels in this context? Nusra?

>his MP's didn't show up to vote
? lel wat

Basically everyone except for Nusra and ISIS.

Some times also nusra is regarded as moderates, see Jaish al-Haramuun or Jaish al-Fatah.

I did not need to see that.

True, but the ones regarding Nusra as moderates are usually Westerners.

Yes, but the thing is Nusra fighting alongside so many of the other 'moderates', that it seems unlikely these will accept a political settlement that leaves Nusra out in the cold.
So it seems to me that even Nusra will be have to be taken into consideration if peace is gained at the negotiating table. And what kind of settlement will it be if Nusra and the other Jihadists will accept it?
And what kind of Syria will it become if Nusra and the Jihadist are satisfied with it?

I'm sure al-Jazeera also calls those operation rooms 'modere freedom fighters'

reeeeeeee

Exactly, I don't agree with the Russian actions here either. Yesterday, a Russian soldier who was overseeing the peace process between rebels and the Syrian Government was killed when he came under rebel artillery fire.

I believe that Russia is trying to emulate the Chechnya model in Syria. Which is once it became clear that the rebels couldn't win any fights against the government, the government would offer them a hand to rejoin them.
Yeah except who funds al-Jazeera again?

Qataris?

Yes. There are lots of reports that ISIS and other moderate beheaders are receiving steady aid from those rich oil states like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, and the UAE.

>BREAKING: Large explosion being reported at #Diyarbakir courthouse #Turkey - @amberinzaman

BREAKING: Large explosion heard in Diyarbakir in southeast Turkey, initial reports suggest 'many wounded

Large explosion being reported at #Diyarbakir courthouse #Turkey - @amberinzaman

as usual k*rds blown up themselves

I can't see in our news sites?

are you sure?

milliyet.com.tr

Well yeah but Qataris aren't westernersThat pic always cracks me up, so damn well put

twitter.com/CNNTURK_ENG/status/730847689273950208

>BREAKING Sec source tells CNN Türk police vehicle targeted by car bomb near #Hani, #Diyarbakır, many wounded.

You obviously haven't been following this for very long, compare the losses now to the end of the winter last year, or the situation right before the Russian intervention and you'd realize that it's just some very minor losses.

SAA and allies have a lot of untapped manpower, It's in Iran and Afghanistan right now though, but can be sent.
SAA has been in bad shape when it comes to manpower for a while, but it has little effect in the battle field as Iran just sends more militias and now IRGC to fill in, and there literally have hundreds of thousands more from when these came from.
All we'll see is a slow increase in the foreigners % fighting for Assad, same as we have been seeing for 3 years.

Russia has shown in Syria how much you can rely on them. The fronts were really starting to buckle when Putin stepped in.
Now Assad is out of the danger zone again, I don't see how you can fault Putin for not wanting to get bogged down in Syria too much.

It's not like WW1 front lines with no go zones in between, civilians get to move around and so things get smuggled in and out.
Starving the rebels is not a very good option for many reasons, among some is that this would involve starving the local population, which would rile up not just international powers but also Syrians from across the nation against Assad. I mean these are ordinary civilians that live there with families all across Syria.

The Kurds and the rebels have fought each other? Where and why? The Al-Nusra Front maybe?