What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

TRANSLATION

>Nobody reddits on purpose. Nobody reddits anywhere. We're all going to reddit.

DUDE REDDIT IDEOLOGY LMAO

Dyaan Hyaarmon was upset that day because he didn't get his dick licked while shoving a mannequin's foot up his ass and decided to pretend he's got it all figured out.

I'd throw an upvote your way, but... you know

DUDE NIHILISM LMAO

It's a nihilistic and atheistic statement. He means exactly what he says.

The only purpose we have is that which we give ourselves.

Why do people repeat this so often? It's not even slightly profound. It's literally just edgy contrarianism.

>I'm a special snowflake created by a big man in the sky!

lol, and people call Tom Cruise crazy.

If you put it in context it's actually the only way he can think of consoling his sister after going through a bunch of absurd, near-death experiences. I'll agree the people who quote it are obnoxious, but it fits perfectly into the thread of the show

I'm an atheist you shithead.

Well if that theory about reality being a simulation bears any fruit Morty is gonna look like a real fucking idiot isnt he?

children of single mothers projecting that everyone was an accident like them

How could anyone with Sarah Chalke for a mommy be a nihilist?

>Tfw parents are getting old

Why do people try to discredit this show through Harmon when Roiland is way more involved?

dan is depressed and still wants to reach out to people. hes a good writer.

its not even nihilism so much as it is absurdism/existentialism. Its like, nobody has an answer, so you have to define one for yourself.

Rick and Morty is a good show that gets ruined by reddit and Sup Forums complaining about reddit liking it

edit: thanks for the gold everybody who appreciated my middle of the road "i'm smarter than both sides" contribution

This quote summarizes the theme of the whole show. Because of the infinite parallel dimensions in which every possibility happens, our choices are pointless and absurd.

It takes a lot of the inclusiveness out of the quote when they forget "Now come watch TV" too.

xD EPIC reply! big guy four u xDDDD here's you're (You)

So what I go on Reddit... Grow up dude, this is a public board for anyone, not your personal space for misogyny and other dumb shit... Jesus Christ..

@73791304
>please give me (You)'s

Young boys first existential crisis jumped on and memed by annoying fanbase.

That episode would be good if they would have to kill their other selves, instead of choosing world where they died on their own and just take their places...

shhhh youre trying to dilute an ocean of piss...

I get it. It's because reddit likes R&M, right? Nice one bro!

how would they know that reddit likes rick and morty?
they never visit I assume
they never go for /r/bois and /r/shorthairedhotties/

No that adds entirely new layers to the pointlessness of your existence.

But if this is a simulation that means our life does have a purpose, but unless we talk with the ayys in charge that purpose will be a mystery

This.

I couldn't give less of a shit about "muh fan base" and "muh website wars." it's a good show and if disagree because le Reddit meme then you need to grow up and form your own opinions.

On the season 2 commentary they talk about "wagecucks"

So you are saying that because Sims 3 exists, the Sim you could potentially create has more meaning than your own life?

No but those sims do have a purpose, to keep me entertained. It aint much of a purpose but its theirs.

that's not nihilism, that's existentialism

Your entertainment is still pointless, though, and if your entire life was just for someone else's entertainment do you think that gives it more value or less value than the human life you though you had?

It's an awful show regardless of reddit loving or hating it.

>leaving out the most important part of the quote
after making this edgy statement, he says "Come watch TV?" which totally changes the tone of what hes saying.

its not >le life is depressing and pointless and everything sucks ):

its >life is pointless so get the fuck over it and continue to live your life the way you want regardless of the existential crisis you may be going through

basically the whole message there is stop being a pussy. its a fucking awesome quote

You're implying that if this was a simulation it would have to be for entertainment instead of say, half a dozen potential reasons that could have resulted in our creation.

And anyway I'm not arguing about which purpose is more valuable or less valuable, I'm arguing that Morty's statement of 'nobody exists on purpose' would be wrong if this were a simulation, because that means we do have a purpose given at our creation instead of whatever purpose we decide to instill in ourselves.

Unless of course the purpose of the simulation is to study free will..in which case it actually is the purpose.

So what I go on Reddit... Grow up dude, this is a public board for anyone, not your personal space for misogyny and other dumb shit... Jesus Christ..

You are misinterpreting what he means by on purpose, if you weren't an accident baby and had a loving family, you would understand better, but when he said nobody exists on purpose he meant nobody is responsible for their own existence.

>le reddit bogeyman!

Projecting much? Its okay nobody judges here.

And he is obviously talking about the classic 'why are we here?' question, not 'Mommy and Daddy said I was an accident'.

share what?

>nobody judges here

whats that?

Its like Sup Forums Platinum but for reddit.

No its just an assumption since you obviously tried to change on purpose to for a purpose and you don't even realize a parent can create a child for a purpose and on purpose without some simulation, but no person can make themselves exist on purpose.

>This show is popular and reddit likes it so its completely shit - Sup Forums
What did they mean by this?

>Athiest
Ah I tip my hat to you good sir patrician taste

I agree its hella fucking epic

>'So what I go on Reddit'

We know

>muhsogony

if you need explanation for this
I feel bad for you son

I've got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

>Thread about Reddit shows makes Sup Forums engage in a discussion about realities.
Relleh makesyour neurons fire up.

>searching depth in a comedy show

Holy shit grow up.

link pls

>nobody exists on purpose
Lol wut? Besides all of the people born because parents want children, yeah nobody. Nice blanket statement faggot

The cat is out of the bag.

>*le burp* morality is a joke, nothing matters, we destroy universes for fun hehe so random
>but hitler is still the ultimate embodiment of evil! and abe lincoln (of the war of Northern Aggression) is the ultimate good!!
>also the wage gap is a legitimate point that needs to be addressed guys!!!

even when writing an edgelord sociopath character retards have to have them agree with their precious political points. Reminds me of Silence of the Lambs where jodie foster has to say that trannies aren't mentally ill and are 'gentle' and Hannibal agrees.

Older she gets the more she looks like Julia Ann.
I like it.

>2016
>Not having an absurdist philosophy on life

ISHYGDDT

i'd just like to interject for a moment. what redditors are referring to as nihilism, is in fact, hedonism, or as I've recently taken to calling it, hedonism plus nihilism. nihilism is not an ideaology unto itself, but rather a lazy excuse to not improve yourself and spend the rest of your days doing nothing productive aka hedonism.

It's not hedonism. It's actually more in line with Satre's maxim about living one's life in bad faith. Which is existential philosophy not nihilistic. Why is everyone here weighing in on something they dint understand?

you will never be patrician without seperating your political views from your taste in media

what did they mean by this?

torrents

I think it was the first ep of season 2, right at the start

>doesn't understand anti-natalism