"I'm a nice robot!"

"I'm a nice robot!"

Force Awakens was awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vKdpQRS3RI
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&index=6&list=FLPPw_LLmZj17jxiX5DkbvWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Rey wasn't any more of a Mary Sue than Luke.

she's already better than he ever was

it's because they made the movie try to appeal to dumbass asian traps like this

It was the first Star Wars movie that i liked

wtf, seethreepio had a red arm this entire time?

The piloting around the death star was a bit silly but at least he had previous flying experience
Rey had no experience with anything but scavenging and yet still flew around the planet like and ace and then BTFO a proto-sith
Lukes trust in the force shot was far more subtle and meaningful then Reys fight with Ren

He's a punished robot

Rey practised on flight simulators in Jakku. Thats what is said in TFA novel.

But fucking JJ didnt include this information in the film

That sounds like something written in afterwards
Why on earth would she have been allowed to do that?

And I don't think a flight simulator prepares you for flying a freighter through a star destroyer skeleton

The trench run was a straight path and he wouldn't have made it without his friends' help and death
Thank another user for pic related

>no silver leg
Have I switched universe again?

What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.

For reasons unexplained she has expert level fighting skills, ace piloting skills, and advance force skills. She has advanced engineering skills that are likely not learned from being a scavenger, such as what would stress a hyperdrive.
Add to this that every established character, Han; Chewy; and Leia, take a quick liking to her. Han even offers her a job on the Falcon she's so awesome.
She is the type of overpowered character a fan would write into Star Wars to be a proxy for themselves. It's a symptom of the lazy writing that Force Awakens displays quite often.

There's so much wrong with the movie from just the writing.

>rey has no agency
She doesn't decide to do anything in this movie. She doesn't even choose to go on the adventure until she's halfway across the galaxy on another planet and even then, she gets kidnapped right away.
>it can't follow the hero's journey storyline
The oldest fucking story archetype and the hack JarJar Abraham can't get that right? The story is told so out of order it doesn't seem like a story but a highlight reel.
>it's tone is all over the place
We start with an homage to a ww2 beach landing to comdey with Poe to a firing squad to implied torture to action comdey in the first 15 minutes. And of course there's the problem of our heroes enjoying killing people, all of whom we are told are brainwashed child soldiers.
>the plot completely loses itself
we start with the map to Luke. We have a bunch of chase scenes with the droid with the map. We then sidetrack everything so we can go destroy another deathstar to the point where our main character has to be knocked unconscious and dragged there so she can be in the final action scene. Then the last 5 minutes we return to the Luke map.

A fucking hack. How does he still have a job?

In Episode 4, Luke starts out as an insignificant farm boy on Tatooine. He only learns about his own Jedi/Force heritage when Obi-Wan reveals it to him. And, throughout Episode 4, Luke never actively uses the lightsaber that Kenobi gave him. Rey apologists also love to point out that Luke, despite having no previous experience, was able to destroy the first Death Star. However, one thing we must remember is that during the Battle of Yavin, Luke’s X-wing fighter was actually protected by several other fighters and ships. Luke was only able to utilize the Force to accurately fire his proton torpedoes into the Death Star with the guidance of Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Force ghost. And, Luke was actually on the verge of being Luke was only able to destroy the Death Star without getting killed by Darth Vader himself when Han Solo intervened on his behalf by damaging Vader’s TIE fighter and sending it into a spin. In Episode 5, Luke sensed that his friends were in trouble and decided to go help them without properly finishing his Jedi training under Yoda. Luke ends up engaging in a rather one-sided duel with Vader and ends up getting his arm chopped off. At the end of the day, it was Lando Calrissian who played an instrumental role in helping Leia, Chewbacca and Luke escape Cloud City alive. In Episode 6, Luke had apparently gained enough skill to defeat Jabba the Hutt’s gang. Not only that, he was actually able to engage Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel on more even terms. However, he was only able to defeat Vader by giving in to his anger. And even then, Luke did not stand a chance against Palpatine’s Force Lighting. Luke was only saved by Vader’s (now a redeemed Anakin Skywalker) last minute self-sacrifice. All of these flaws and shortcomings disqualify Luke from being a Mary Sue

but jar jar

Rey and Furiousa are female inserts

the new direction with star wars is going to be like Conan except instead of swarthy muscled white nordic men, it'll be a group of diveristy edgemasters.

why does anakin look like he just ate a dozen hot peppers?

would you call Anakin in the prequels a mary sue?

Anakin was only able to destroy a droid command ship out of pure luck because everyone else in the vicinity was busy fighting each other to pay attention to him. In Episode 2, he gets badly stunned by Count Dooku’s Force lightning. And, he also gets his arm chopped off by Count Dooku as well. Not only that, he willfully violates the Jedi code of celibacy/non-attachment by secretly marrying Padme Amidala. Not only that, he had previously massacred an entire village of Tuskin Raider out of rage for his mother’s death. In Episode 3, Anakin was only able to defeat Count Dooku by giving in to his anger. And, he also violated the traditional Jedi policy of sparing opponents who have already been rendered unarmed and/or helpless (he had previously chopped off both of Dooku’s hands before proceeding to chop off Dooku’s head). And, at Mustafar, he, as Darth Vader, gets over-confident with his own abilities and ends up jumping at Obi-Wan even though Obi-Wan had the high ground. This results in Anakin getting his other three limbs chopped off by Obi-Wan. All of these flaws and shortcomings disqualify Anakin from being a Mary Sue.

official star wars power rankings. everything else you hear is a meme.

V > IV > VI > I = II = III > VII

Why does the image compare episode 2 with episode seven?

wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare it with episode one?
in which case that movie took place on Naboo and Tattooine almost exclusively.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vKdpQRS3RI

5 = 4 > 6 > > > > 3 > 1 = 2 > > > 7

V>IV>III>VI>I>II POWERGAP VII

Originals > prequels > tfa

5 = 4 > 6 =7 >>>> 1 >fight me

1 = 2 = 3 = 4 = 5 = 6 = 7

>You can see anakin becoming vader in III, you can see kylo becoming a bitch in VII
Choose

i mean I I understand the development of anakin across all three prequels.

but aren't you jumping the gun?
I mean this first movie only really established the characters going forth in the new movies.

and with anakin's death blow to the blackade at naboo
couldn't you just as well explain Rey with that reasoning.

I mean the one grnadma minion said that the force surrounds us and guides us.

Anakin is guided by the force , so it makes since that he's an awesome pilot and pod racer. He uses the force to blow up the trade federation ship.

Luke is also guided by the force , he was good at using his speeder and shooting on the farm.
He uses the force to evade Vader, (or maybe the force convinces vader to break off pursuit), and the force is used to help luke land the killing blow to the first death star.
as evidence when Luke hears Obi-Wans disembodied voice, or perhaps he recalls it at the right time (maybe the force influenced his neurons or something) say "use the Force Luke"

Rey like wise is an excellent pilot, seemingly intuitive, and she is guided by the force to find Lukes saber.

So she's Anakin.

>Rey like wise is an excellent pilot, seemingly intuitive, and she is guided by the force to find Lukes saber.

She also somehow learns how to mindtrick someone without being taught and can somehow beat a sith apprentice who slaughtered the jedi academy

I don't recall anakin in episode 1 defeating darth maul and mindtricking watto to let him go

IN Episode 2 anakin loses his arm, loses his shit and massacres a village and disobeys the jedi code. IN Episode 3 he murders Dooku, falls to the dark side and is defeated by Obi Wan. Not a gary stue at all.

Also, see this

EP7 BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes&index=6&list=FLPPw_LLmZj17jxiX5DkbvWw

All of this bitching about Rey will be for naught if they get her to truly turn and be the baddy.

She should turn dark and then die. Best would have been if her character didn't even make it to the script but once she's canon this is our best option.

Nope, ill still be pissed how she managed to beat a sith apprentice having never used a sabre before, and how she used mindtrick and outmaneouvered 3 tie fighters in a ship she never flew before

And Disney will never take such a risk

best option would unironically be luke getting a time machine and making ep7 uncanon

Does he say this?

that could all be explained as

"Jedi? I thought they were a myth"

no doubt she probably heard tales of what Jedi could do.
Suddenly some alien booger tells her the force is guiding her.
Finds her self in that kind of situation.
Might as well try it out.

She also spoke wookie

Is that a fucking toaster?

dude its a movies which central theme is an al pervasive and guiding force behind everything.

literally EVERYTHING that happens in star wars can be explained away by the force.

I like your ideas

IN non of the other movies does an untrained person beat a sith apprentice or jedi, it is bs

Anakin had actually training operating large and dangerous ships through pod racing coupled with the innate good reflexes and sensory awareness having the force gives and even then he mainly exploited an obvious weakness. He gets wrecked in almost every fight he's in and only beats Count Deku on round 2 because he actually calms the fuck down and strategizes based on his previous fight coupled with Sidious wanting him to win and probably influencing the fight. And the time jump between 1 and 2 and the fact he was explicitly being trained for all of it explains him getting good between movies. Dismantling broken ships does not make you an expert engineer but Ican totally buy driving a super dangerous race vehicle your whole life makes you good at piloting other ships

Yeah, but lets be honest...

If you grew up 90s kid, you played DFIIJK and Katarn kind of pulled some shit out of no where (although not as rapidly as Rey) with no tutelage or mentorship.

It does give TFA some credence in my opinion. I think now, we don't have as much "gaining force powers" arc, and it will just be part of Rey's character.

Katarn was actually trained by Luke though, he didn't suddenly start mind tricking them. Imagine if he defeated Jerec in the first mission of the game, that's how ridiculous Rey beating Ren is

I can kind of see your point.
but this was the first precendent set by the movie. A female protag and a male antagonist.

Anakin and Rey both worked in a junk yard.
Rey though is much older than anain when the movie opens. And all we know is that she's a scavenger, with one of those staffs that can deflect light sabers, the ones the droids had in episode three.

Kylo it did seem to have too much pride.
Like he was Hans and Leiahs kid, given birth after the fall of the galactic empire.
Kylo was sent away to get taught by Luke to harness Jedi powers.
He gets all edgelord and starts up the first order with Snoke.

Snoke may have just been looking for an apprentice and Kylo being the son and prized pupil of the rebellion would've been appropriate choice with the corrupting influence of the dark side.

So snoke has to make due with the emotional edgelord. becuase there aren't that many viable subjects.
It was even mentioned that Kylo needed to complete his training at the end of the movie as well.

My assumption right there is that Kylo had a sheltered life being protected by two generals/heroes of the rebellion and the only jedi in corporeal existance.

bump

is episode II the comfiest Star Wars?

No

No

Yes

Yep

dude what?

just because you hear about a skill doesn't mean you can do it you dumb fuck...

I've heard about people flying planes but that doesn't mean I could jump in an airplane and fly it without training.

The prequels were shit m8

>Luke gets attacked by one sand nigger with a stick
>instant knockout
>would be raped and/or eaten if not for an old man wandering the desert

>rey gets attacked by 3 career criminals
>takes several blows (iirc)
>takes them all on with a stick without breaking a sweat
>refuses to even be led away from laser fire by a man

>why on earth would she be allowed to do that
They were on jakku, Mormon

once you play the lego star wars dlc that explains how he gets the red arm (in an exciting way) i loved the movie even more

So a person who doesn't know how to fly a plane ,finds themselves in an airplane in flight suddenly with no pilot. And you're telling me they would just let the plane go down becuase they dont know how to fly?
Given that probably wouldn't be the case for most people. But most people arent heroes.

Rey was trapped like a rat.
Been told about her force sensitivity
And knew of tales of the jedi.
You're saying a heroic character wouldnt try anything to escape?

I think you just hate fun. Or you think its fun to hate.

I don't know why some people think explaining Rey's competence will somehow fix it. It's fiction; anything can be explained. That's not the issue. The issue is that her role in situations and conflicts generally robs them of their tension, and the satisfaction of a movie doesn't come from a character being merely successful, it comes from seeing their struggle.

Rey being revealed as the Chosen One 2.0 or whatever equally dumb shit wouldn't retroactively change the fact that TFA is a somewhat boring movie.

Possibly, yeah.

Just tell us how nerd

Dude there was no tension in any of the star wars movies. What are you talking about.

Its always assumed the good guys win.

Its fucking disney after all.

I doubt they would fly inside another plane and do loops and evade f-14 pilots

i didnt pay $80 + $20 for dlc to give away the reason.

I agree with this sentiment. All genre-fiction is contrived. Whether or not this entry in a fantasy-space-war saga is sufficiently realistic isn't the problem. The problem is that it's boring. Rey is boring, the action is boring, the plot is boring, it's just a very boring movie after the ones that came before which were all groundbreaking in their own ways.

You don't need fear of the protagonists dying to create tension. Or even of them losing. Have you never rewatched a movie in your life?

I said in an earlier post drawing the similarities between all thee mc's luke,anakin,and rey. All having excellent piloting abilities.
Theres probably a correlation between their force sensitivity and their piloting skill.

Im waiting for you to admit that you just like to hate on fun.

>80 dollars for a game
>20 dollars more for the actual reason
Is it at least good? Good as in the same vein as the original Lego star wars'

Literally the only thing I can about in the new series is the fate of the old characters. The best part of Force Awakens was Han Solo and the best part of the next movie will be Luke. This series would be a massive bomb if the old cast wasn't in it.

Since last TFA thread didn't fly so good, repostan my thoughts on new characters:
>negro
>was taken from his senpai when he was a baby
>brainwashed and trained to be a stormtrooper ever since
>snap at very beginning of the movie
Was it his first mission? If so, then his brainwashing wasn't effective or else he wouldn't make it to actual combat, I'm pretty sure shit like this would be separated in the process. He doesn't look a veteran either, so ptsd is out of question. Shit character. Also acts like a nigger despite being taken out of nigger environment.

>cpt. Shiny Breaches
>literally no action
Fucking pointless character. I would give her TR8-T0R's role. Do cool spins, beat up a d2-ndu, gey shot with a bowcaster and survive thanks to fancy armor, but she is now wounded and because of that "heroes" managed to get a drop on her at not-Death Star.

>kylo ren
Edgy kid with daddy issues. The only character that was spot-on.

>rei
Terrible accent. Also bland as fuck, even nig-nog has more character.

>Poe
was pretty gud

They shit all over han solo and leia, they raise an edgelord responsible for the deaths of billions of people and they got space divorced

according to the canon books finn was part of an elite unit, so it wasn't his first mission

Some of the best cinematography, but jesus shit the writing was hamfisted, the plot was a trainwreck of toy sales and some of the acting was so stiff that the actors were practically masturbating on camera.

Wheres the tension in avatar?
Wheres the tension in the transformers movies?
Wheres the tension in BvS?
Wheres the tension in any of the other action movies released lately?

Give me some examples of tension that doesnt involve the life of the central characters.

Just admit you love to hate. You criticisms basically amount to "i should have made the new star wars"

well most people hated it but as a star wars fan i find no fault

Did you even watch the movie?

Han Solo was a criminal and Leia was Vader's daughter. It's not really implausible that they would create an edgelord.

>where's the tension in Avatar
nowhere really
>transformers
nowhere really
>BvS
I don't watch superhero movies
>any of the other action movies released lately
>watching action flicks
baka desu fampai

>Give me some examples of tension that doesn't involve the life of the central characters
Where did you get this idea of tension from? Did I say I like the older Star Wars movies because they're tense? Is it only possible for a movie to be tense when you don't know what's going to happen?

>Give me some examples of tension that doesnt involve the life of the central characters.
Final sudden death bout at the end of Dodgeball.

SILVER LEG

yes ive seen it twice

Han Solo was a likeable rogue, he didn't blow up an entire planet system

>Han Solo was a likeable rogue
He shot a man on Tatooine just to watch him die

>doesn't like action flicks

>brings up tension, admits theres none in the other star wars films.

dude you enjoy hating things too much.

are you like 14 or something?
whats your endgame here?

>doesn't like action flicks
Drunken Master is one of my favourite movies.

>brings up tension
was my first post. I was responding to the issue of tension, I didn't raise it.

>admits there's none in the other star wars films
No I didn't. I said that I don't consider 'tension' to be a vital factor in determining a movie's value.

>whats your endgame here
become a kinosseur by constantly having my opinions challenged on Sup Forums, forcing me to never stop thinking about why I think as I do and always considering new ideas.

she lived by herself on a fucking desert planet. lf course she knows how to take care of herself in a fight. Everyone in Star Wars speaks droid and wookiee.
the rest of your complaints are valid.

just because you can find some logic in it doesn't make it good or fun though if that's what you are implying.
It's kind of like when literal assholes say it's okay that x-wings and tie fighters look exactly the same after 30 years because in real life planet Earth airplanes haven't changed "that much".

then maybe people should stop bringing up shit that can be refuted by logical thinking.

Those are some low polygon tits.

>she lived by herself on a fucking desert planet. lf course she knows how to take care of herself in a fight

SO you're saying because she lives by herself she should be able to beat up 3 elite stormtroopers who have trained for combat for years

Makes total sense...

So what you're saying is that she's steeled herself in trial by combat after suffering numerous humiliating defeats, rapes, and thievings at the hands of malcontents?

just like one of my japanese animes

She didn't beat up 3 stormtroopers, she beat up three muggers

yeah you're right, but they also probably grew up in similar circumstances to her. For her to so easily take on 3 people without being trained is bs

I think you mean some of the best
>kinomatography

lmao jesus FUCK I am SCARED of Rey

PT fags warned you, but now the OT is ruined. Our hero's fought for nothing. Han Solo and Leia are failures and Luke is a quitter.

Was getting (You)'s part of your plan?