I need some help. I only listen to rap and hip-hop, and I've been trying to branch out and listen to other genres...

I need some help. I only listen to rap and hip-hop, and I've been trying to branch out and listen to other genres. I've been trying to get into rock, but I just can't do it. I hate the sound of the guitar. I really want to broaden my horizons, though. Where should I start? I guess recommend me genres other than hip-hop that are good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JZR_47QHPFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just stop listening to music all together. You're a lost cause.

try every and anything even if you don't like it at first. and then come back to it every now and then and you'll see that you've eased up to it.
at least thats what i did when it came to listening to Sup Forums core albums for the first time

oh and you can listen to genres that are somewhat related to hip hop like funk, R&B, or soul

Hip hop is objectively the best genre. There is no need to branch out into other objectively inferior genres.

I honestly feel like this sometimes.

While usa was stuck on hip hop the rest of the world was discovering electronic music just sayin you got a couple decades of that that you probably never heard

>blacks used to create amazing genres like Funk, Soul, Jazz
>this shit

i was never stuck on hip hop if that was meant for me. i was just having trouble getting into Sup Forums core when i first started lurking here

I’m talking about like the last three or four decades bro not just you
My point was: hiphop is electronic music. If you’re bored with the hiphop sound, check out the rest of the spectrum. Go listen to Aphex Twin bro nuff said

if you like hip hop you should like this. feel the beat, brah.

I'm not bored with hip-hop. It's my favorite genre. I just feel like I should listen to something else, since I literally only listen to hip-hop.

>there are people on Sup Forums who only enjoy one genre

How you feel about reggae?

Aside from like one Bob Marley song, I've never listened to it.

Well there’s your answer.... start with this compilation in pic related and welcome to the rest of your life

LEAVE THIS BOARD RETARD

what is it that appeals to you about hip hop? Lyrics / storytelling? Beats? Start with that and then maybe we can guide you towards something else you will like

Toots and The Maytals and Barrington Levi, also everything Cutty Ranks and Chaka Demus touches is golden.

you're just another closeminded normie,
if you have to try to like a different genre
filled with subgenres youre helpless. open your mind, nigger

>I hate the sound of the guitar.

lol!

>rap and hip hop
Whats the difference

As strange as this might sound, Spiderland made me appreciate guitar music. And I used to be an exclusive hiphop chimptard like you.

if there was more soulful singing in hip-hop you'd like it just the same i'm sure

give this a spin

There isn't. They're different names for the same genre of music. If anyone says they're different things, they're retarded.

Rapping is a vocal style used in hip hop and other genres and existed prior to hip hop, it's not a genre.

>I hate the sound of the guitar

Faggot. Try listening to 'classical' music.

Try this one

So OP, you’re like halfway through “story of Jamaican music” by now right? Are you a reggae fan yet?

>I hate the sound of guitar
What guitar music have you been listening to?

>people on this board actually think this
Christ, we need to ban hip hop

Surely you can recognise elements of hip hop that are in other genres. Hip hop is one of the most all encompassing genres in terms of the variety of sounds and things it draws from, so it should be easier to get into other music than if you were a dad rockist. Listen to house music, breakbeat, funk, disco, techno, whatever the fuck. I have no idea what it is about hip hop you actually like.

Also, I hated guitars for ages too, and I'm still drawn away by most guitar driven music. Just avoid pitchfork indie trash and classic rock, and listen to melt banana or my bloody valentine or something with interesting, colourful guitar tones. Then you will eventually appreciate guitars and listen to the classic stuff.

OP just listen to this
youtu.be/JZR_47QHPFs

>this fucking thread
We need to ban hip-hop.

Check out Gil Scott-Heron. He was doing proto-rap (Al Jarreau did some too) like spoken word accompanied by music as well as some (not very good desu) singing. Kanye sampled him on more than one occasion. If you dig that, you might like jazz and/or funk and stuff.

You could check out new genres that are contemporary to hip hop or just dive into its history and explore stuff that way.

Try Protoje before u dive into older Reggae artists, he is easily accessible

You might be the biggest cuck on Sup Forums

listen to the music that hip-hop artists have sampled