Boy Scouts Thread

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Boy Scouts?

Honorable young men's organization?
Jewish child rape cult?
Hitler Youth 2.0?

I was in boy scouts it was kinda fun but the year after I left the new scout master got kicked out for letting one kid molest another

*touches penis*

Eagle Scout here. Wish I had gotten my palms since they're such a rarity. Did Philmont, was awesome. Probably will make my kids do Venture Scouts, since it's more focused on outdoors stuff.

Km sure it's only a matter of time until they start letting women who "identify as men" in

Canadian scout here. Been in it since I was a kid. Still in it today at 21 as a Rover, at this point all I do are some volunteer camps occasionally and a bunch of hang out camps with my buddies.

Most, if not all of the guys I met in scouting are redpilled.

As an Eagle Scout, I believe it has helped me get scholarships for college I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Plus some cool campus, met some cool people from across the country, and our fair share of drama (elder scout leader pulled a Sandusky). It's changed quite a bit since I was last in it. I'd rank it 15/19

There actually isn't as much child rape as you would think. However it is a place that allows and somewhat encourages young boys to sexually experiment with each other. Especially when you get into the higher scout ranks like Eagle Scouts, young men spend large amounts of time alone together in the woods and in small cabins, with no female contact or legitimate authority figures keeping them in check.

Eagle scout here. I didn't get touched inappropriately.

i've been a boy scout for over 20 years now.
best idea of my life to join. it has taught me a lot about nature, teamwork, caring for yourself and working hard to achieve my goals.
had a shitload of fun doing it, made friendships that last to this day and had a lot of steamy action with girls in camps. and at the age of 16: booze, a lot of booze,
never been molested by my leaders and although my troop is "christian" on paper we never go to church or shit.

then again, scouts in my home country are pretty chill and not very ideological
i've heard a lot about the boy scouts of america being a pretty cultish thing and hardcore christian, like not letting gays in and shit, care to elaborate OP?

>I believe it has helped me get scholarships for college I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
being a scout significantly boosts your resumee.
my boss told me that scouting to him means that one is organized and disciplined, a quality every boss wants in his employe and apparently that made him choose me and not the other wankers that applied for the job...

i smile a lot when i think of all the "cool" kids who called me a faggot for being a scout and are now NEETs

Boy scouts of america are run by Mormans. The more you know

Scouting was the best decision I ever made
I left once I had to switch to the "adult" age-group as they seemed to do nothing but jerk around and screw with the younger scouts

A good service project adds a little more icing to the cake. Plus I get a cool id card.

Eagle Scout.

I had a good time, no scoutmasters were creepy or anything, and we were a big troop of like 80 kids, so a ton of moms and dads were involved.

My only complaint was the number of autistic people who were involved. Throughout my 7 years with the troop, there were maybe 5 I can remember. One aspie actually did get kicked out for taking pictures on a disposable camera of some of the other boys while they were changing in a cabin at summer camp.

really?
man... i wonder what lord B.P. would have to say about this. Certainly a British gentleman wouldn't aprove of filthy american religious fanatics running his paramilitary organization...

It's not like it's officially run by them, more like de facto by the sheer number of mormons involved. There's nothing in Scouting itself that correlated directly with LDS, thank God.

>they seemed to do nothing but jerk around and screw with the younger scouts
nah, come on. i've been jerked around by the older scouts and i think that was more character building than anything else. our leaders encouraged us to fight back and even hazed us themsleves just to get us to stand up for ourselves.
but of course by today's standards that would have been called bullying and systematic emotional abuse...

I learned a lot becoming an Eagle Scout, most of what I learned has enabled me to be a sneaky degenerate who skirts the law.

>My only complaint was the number of autistic people who were involved.
that is a bit of a problem for charitable organizations like the scouts. you cant just kick someone out for being weird or even autistic. i had some hardcore aspies in my troop too but you just have to drag them along. you wouldnt want to be that guy who kicked an assburger out of your troop simply because he's weird, imagine the shitstorm. so scout troops become a sort of safe haven for social outcasts, every troop i know has some weird guy in it. but also, most of these guys are quite alright, weird yes, but also pretty harmless and only want to do stuff... i'm cool with that.

although, another group in my city had a guy who always shat his pants and never wiped. it's the only guy i know who has been bullied out of a scout troop... but come on, not wiping your ass is against scout law, so fuck that guy...

Relatively new Eagle here. Had my Court of Honor about a week before my 18th birthday (a month ago). Been in scouting for 8 years now. We started in Cub Scouts with about 15-25 boys and in the end, only 3 became Eagle scouts, I was the last one.

Congrats user!

Eagle here.

"Pedo scoutmaster" is an ebic maymay. Scouting is probably one of the best things you can enroll your wife's son into during development since it builds character and forces them to socialize.

I was in it. Waste of time. I learned more from playing video games. I would've been better of learning career skills than being pushed into this crap.

I'm an eagle scout. It taught me a lot of survival skills I wouldn't have learned otherwise as a city boy. Also philmont was pretty great. Racing with donkeys at 10k feet was some off the most fun I've ever had.

>Also philmont was pretty great
what is this philomt you're all talking about?

They're more a shadow government that do shit that never actually affect troops

Big scouting ranch in New Mexico
It's basically a summer camp where you backpack to each activity for two weeks
Lot of fun for older boys
Going back there this summer as an adult leader/older scout since they raise the age range a bit

A huge ranch in the northern New Mexico. (Southern rocky mountain range). It's kind of like the shooting Mecca of the USA. You backpack around 150 miles over 14 days. It's pretty rugged and grueling at times. It's all high altitude but it's absolutely beautiful country and every few days you would set up near a ranger outpost and the rangers would have activities to do (shooting, rock climbing, you congress trees like the lumberjacks of old) all kinds of stuff.

> shooting mecca

Scouting*

moooooaaaaaaahhh

i just watched their promo video on youtube... holy fuck i want to go there. it look slike so much fun

but also: jesus christ america: the first couple of seconds into the video and there is a guy with a gun. what the hell, america? i love you guys... and also the "shooting mecca" typo isnt perhaps a typo at all

Oh in America. scouts we do a lot of shooting
It's actually pretty tame compared to our recreational shooting as the higher ups put a lot of regulation on what we can shoot
But still shooting is a big part and if you ever come over you should try it, it's fun!

American scouts*
Damn phone

I'm am eagle scout
Bad is in all organizations. Id like to be a scout master teaching kids outdoor skills and encourage outdoor activities instead of constant neet lifestyle stuff

My scoutmaster hated the autistic kids as much as we did, and looked the other way while we did retarded shit like piss on their tents or dump half a bottle of hot sauce on their food. Eventually they would ragequit. I don't think any of them lasted more than a year

Except the money. Mormon church s BY FAR the largest donor to national and also to most local councils.

Guns skills are needed here man. When I went there we hung up our food in between two trees like 25 feet up. We woke to a bear that had been harassing us all night in one of the trees. The crazy fucker jumped and swiped open one of the bags. We chased him off but he made off with some pepto. We heard a few days later that that bear ended up dragging a kid out of his tent and had to be hunted down.

An introduction to freemasonry.

Fucking bears man
At least they're not as bad as minny bears
They'll fuck you up

i always regretted that they didnt teach me how to fire a gun. it's a skill i consider essential

yeah i agree with you but the video is just so clichée american:
>here's a promo vid about our scouting ranch
>first second of the clip: here's a dude with a gun
>'murica land of the free, home of the brave
talk about perpetuationg a stereotype

That's a stereotype I don't mind
Yee-Haw!

White America embodies that stereotype. It's kind of dying with the mass influx of spics though, at least in the west. Spics aren't mountainmen.

Made it to eagle

Had to pretend to be religious several times because agnostic family

Lots of cool backpacking and white water rafting though senpai

There's no fucking way all of you are Eagle Scouts

i dont really understand why that stereotype has such a negative connotation, i've been to the US several times and those white middle class gun nuts were all pretty decent people i'd let them take my kids to scout camp

why not? or is the eagle scouts such an exclusive club?

Scouting is pretty Sup Forums.

Its not particularly common
About 5 percent of Scouts make it to Eagle.

Most Boy Scouts who put effort into it get to eagle, it's not all that difficult
But it is interesting how a lot of us are eagles here

i just read about eagle scouts on wikipedia, never heard of it before.
i have to say, that is some elite shit... i am somewhat jealous

We posting cards?

Do you guys not have ranks in Germany?

It's not that hard to get and I'm not digging through a trunk of shit to get the proof out. My Eagle Scout project was literally painting parking lines in a parking lot.

i dont know about the german stuff, i'm from luxembourg, i'm just here in germany stealing a job from hans. i've stayed true to my home troop in luxembourg and never joined a german troop.

but in luxembourg there are no real ranks, of course you move to other troops ( cubs, explorers, pionieers and rovers) with your age and you have merit badges but nothing of the sort of eagle scouts. there is nothing like a final objective or highest rank to reach.

however at the beginning of each year, every troop divides its members up in different platoons and one scout is the platoon leader, but that position is not based on skill rather everyone gets a turn in order to learn valuable leader skills.
also you can swear an oath on your troops flag and get a badge for that, it means that you take your shit super seriously and are fully committed to the cause, but that's about it, there are no "elite" scouts in luxembourg

I didn't join because my family moved often (dad was military) but I've considered letting my kids join when they are old enough. I've heard mostly positives from old boy scouts but I don't know if modern scouts are any good. To anyone who was in it, would you let your kids join? Why or why not? I have also considered girl scouts for my girls, but I know virtually nothing about it.

It all depends on the troop
Some troops are good while others are bad
Look at the kids and see if they're the kind of kids that you want hanging around and influencing your kids
Look at their itinerary too and see if it has good outdoor activities and not just soccer mom shit
My sisters were in Girl Scouts but they never really did anything so I might be a bit biased but it always seemed like pussy shit to me

>I have also considered girl scouts for my girls,
look here burger... do oyu want them cookies or not? having your girls in the girl scouts means unlimited access to the dough... be smart... send your girls to the girl scouts

If the troop is good and I have time to volunteer as an adult yes. If the leadership is mediocre I could at least help my son out.

My sons will join. I guess it would depend on the troop as it is really only as good as the leaders but its goal is basically to help mold a boy into a mask, godly man. Teaches survival skills, personal responsibility, leadership skills, makes sure your kid isn't a video game obsessed neet. Plus a huge array of merit badges that let you do all kinds of cool shit. I piloted a glider when I was 15 for my aviation badge.

Girl scouts is a meme. Just another social group really. Might be good though.

> mask

Moral*

cub scouts only. did not enjoy the patch earning, felt pointless. enjoyed den meetings, or whatever they're called, the group gettogethers once a week. lax den mothers, video games, food, sort of mini-birthday parties once a week. would have continued but there was some sort of patch requirement to advance and i never passed it, wasnt even close.

This is really surprising user, when I was at the international jamboree back in 2011 there was basically a rank equivalent for Eagle scout with all the other national scouting organizations. Britbongs had Queens Scout, Japs had the Fuji Scout, hell even the poo in loos had a President's Scout.

Weird, I despised cub scouts but loved Boy Scouts
The again my den never did any camping and I love camping

You were not a real scout if you dont remember selling shit tons of this crap

Fucking scout-o-rama
Got sick of selling that shit once I got to second class
It was either that or coupon books

>harrasing people in front of the grocery store for 8 hours

well same here, might have liked it if we actually did outdoors stuff. was active outdoors each weekend with my dad and brothers, fishing and hiking. all i recall cub scouts being is den meetings then once a month or something all the dens congregated at the local school, sometimes contests like wooden car races.

i know this sounds autitstic but i've told everyone of my girlfriends that our kids will join the scouts. end of discussion. my offspring will join the movement for all the reasons you mentioned and this is not negotiable.

one of my gf told me: well user i'm not so sure about that.

dumped her fucking ass immediately

well there is something close to eagle scouts i guess, once you got all your merit badges you can complete one large extra project and you'll get a special badge, but that's all. no new name or rank, just one fancy badge without much addo about it. perhaps that is the idea of an eagle scout but we dont really liv eup to it. idk

Don't cub scouts start at 6-7 years old? I'm not sure how well I can gauge kids' personalities at that age. I'll probably consider putting them in and just taking them out if shit hits the fan.

I was in the scouts. Made it to Star, nearly Life. Now I'm in College, but I'm basically a video game obsessed NEET. Nothing about the Scouts says you won't become a loser, it's just a bit less likely.

>christian association, somehow jewish rape cult

yeah sure why not

Yeah but if you sold enough you were set. I ususally did door to door, but one year before i got my first pt job i stood outside a stop n shop.

I was a scout until I was 13, scout master wasn't a pedo, but the whole troop leadership was shady as fuck. They waved requirements to advance, and pushed their own kids through so they could get eagle. Kept others back, despite being qualified for a new rank. 6 months after I left they had their charter revoked.

Cub scouts isn't all that fun honestly and doesn't really matter where you go, it's likely to be shit
My parents had to force me through cub scouts to get to Boy Scouts and that's when selection actually matters
Never really looked into skipping cub scouts but you'd have to do research and see if you do want to push your kid through it

Knowing how to kill animals that are trying to kill you is perhaps the most important survival skill.

>once you got all your merit badges you can complete one large extra project and you'll get a special badge
Thats basically what eagle scout is. Maybe you guys just had less pomp and ceremony about it.

But yeah definitely get your kids into scouting and make sure they do it all the way. Its basically a shoe in for college applications.

oh... so i guess i had the wrong idea, everything i read about it so far made it look like a really officially bad ass challenge with lots of waving flags and standing ovations from everyone.
back in lux. it was more like:
-hey guys, look i got my brevet (that's what we call it)
-oh nice, good for you
and that's about it. the way they teach us scouting back home is perhaps different than in the us. it's not important if that you get all the badges, the most important thing is to do your part and try to learn and grow in the process. badges are just nice things to pin on your chest but it doesnt really matter, the experience and learning is what counts, so even though we collected a shitload of badges the number of them didnt elevate you to something special... (writing this i ask myself, have communists infiltrated luxembourgish scouts?)

Well yeah everybody does it different in a way. We get a little ceremony which is more like an informal brunch. Speeches are read. Local organizations give out little placques and shit, etc. Im told the Bongs have a similar thing.

The only difference for me was that we had 4 other guys besides me making Eagle Scout so we lumped it together into a masssive court of honor.

But yes generally speaking i have to agree with you, the experience and challenges of merit badges are the most rewarding. the thing is to get eagle you have to do 13 core required and an additional 21 merit badges alongside a project, a board of review, and alot of other miscallenia I forget now. (granted its been 5 years since I've seen my old troop)

>you have to do 13 core required and an additional 21 merit badges alongside a project, a board of review, and alot of other miscallenia
man, that sounds like a full tiem job. we had the understanding that you work on your badges during our meetings which was once a week and a 10 day camp in summer. so in the 3-4 years where you stayed in one troop (all age troopshave different badges) you could hardly do every badge let alone the brevet. also i could never have gotten my brevet because i absolutely refused to do anything to get my "religion" badge, so i would have never even been eligible to do the brevet

Eagle here, used to be better, but depending on the troop still very much worth it.

When did they switch from the Gold Eagle Scout cards to these skyline ones with the eagles?

I'm an 08 Eagle with a gold card.

My troop hated selling that shit, you don't even make that much. We did our own fundraising.

They already let girl into the scouts and the junior versions of the scouts here in the UK.

>Been doing scouts since 1st Grade
>Made good friends
>Went camping in awesome places
>Eagle Scout is a great resume booster
>Good values to follow

I liked it. I wouldn't really call it red-pilled or blue-pilled, that kind of depends on what troop you're in.

Its not as difficult as you think when you have years to bang it out. With us we had a few summer camps we went to every year, most guys would use the trip to knock out a slew of merit badges that they either needed or were cool and not normally ones you could do.

But yeah its nigh impossible to get every merit badge. Theres a few kids that have done it but they were really fuckin busy. We also have religious medals but I never bothered to get mine, the indian kid in our troop did but thats another story.

At best its heavily red pilled. At its worst, its not degenerate blue pilled.

You've been able to do that since the late 80s, it was never really an issue when I was in Scouts.
The reverse isn't true for the Guides however and any attempts to open that up quickly lead to shouts of 'GIRLS NEED A GIRL ONLY SPACE SHITLORD' from their bosses.

Well we seperated out scouting organizations for a good reason; teenage horomones. I fucked at least 3 different girls at the int jambo in sweden. (cant remember the rest after this polish kid had me do shots of Zubrowka with him)

>we had a few summer camps we went to every year,
do you usually go to specialised scouting camps?
most of our camps are done on some farmer's field where you only have the infrastructure you can bring along or build on site. just every couple of years we'd go to a jamboree or a scout center

we had the boy/girl seperation too. at one point we started to accept girls as well but the guides didnt let in boys. the guides ceased to exist after a year. i honestly think the seperation based on sex is bullshit. i learned how to interact with girls and they learned not to be the giant pussy ass drama queens they used to be

My troop had rummage sales that took way more effort then they were worth.

Oh aye, I'm well aware, the fucking was rampant, especially at the camps, my god.
I think that was actually kinda good though, it made us teenage boys actually learn to speak to women and they got to learn that axing down a tree and dragging them for half a mile wasn't beneath the.

Why can't it be all three?

Not necessarily specialized per se but most camps had specialty merit badges. The two main ones we went to were Camps Rodney and No-Be-Bo-Sco. Rodney was over on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and had alot of aquatic based merit badges that were hard to do elsewhere like Sailboating, Waterskiing, and Oceanography. No-Be on the other hand was a bit more generic but closer to home and pretty famous for being the place where they filmed the original Friday the 13th movie. The one saving grace it did have was Horsemanship due to a deal with a local stable but it cost extra.

As for the sex seperation thing you gotta understand because we're not as selective alot of those weird kids were more likely potential rapists if we ever lumped our scouting organizations together.

what's wrong with teenagers fucking each other? it's bound to happen no matter what you do.
we certainly dont encourage it but on every camp we go we have a box of condoms with us, put in a place where everyone can go take some if they want, with no one in sight and no questions asked. we tell our kids that if they really have to fuck that they should at least wear a condom. teens gonna fuck, get over it ;-)
i bet i wouldnt have all the fun i had, had i been in a boy only group

Had some great times at No-Be, I also grew up down the street from yawpaw and glen gray

Motherfucking Yaw Paw and Glen Gray? Shit son youre basically in my area. Where you from? Troop 138 represent.

Who OA here? And what was your induction challenge?
For those of you who don't know what the OA is. It stands for the Order of the Arrow. You have to do a whole bunch of shit to get into it. But for induction at summer camp, a bunch of the senior scouts dress up like Indians and kidnap you. Then you have a challenge that you and your other candidates have to do. For me I had to do roadwork. But you get a slice of bread for breakfast a slice of ham for lunch and dinner and the next day you get a four course meal and are inducted into the order. It's a lifetime thing and is pretty cool as a way to stay in scouting after you turn 18.

I was 133 in upper saddle river but then I moved to mahwah