The Night Of

How come there is no one discussing this show? I mean the season finale was just a couple of days ago.

I felt the ending was a bit underwhelming and I am curious what S2 has in store for them, I'd hope for them to return to the same characters and develop them further.

On another note, I liked the message behind how prison actually turned an somewhat innocent boy to be full blown criminal. I am sure he will be working further with Omar.

There won't be a season 2. For better or worse it was a self-contained story.

well that fucking sucks huge balls.

They left us with nothing and then the ending sucks even more so.

>"Hurr we can't decide, it's at a perfect 50%"

There will totally be a season 2. They have left the hunt of the true killer open, with those two baby boomers talking to each other about going for it, and thay have stablished the "perfectly goog boy turned into shit by da system" with the drugg addict end of the main characeter.

>I am sure he will be working further with Omar.

It is strange that Omar turned out to be the only really good guy (except maybe Nazirs father) in the show. Very similar to that other time when he was raiding drug dealers in Baltimore.

I would be devastated if they made a season two.

America finally released a good, self contained drama.
This was a galactic leap forward in quality for American TV.

The ending was as perfect as it was heartbreaking, and unsatisfying.

Daily reminder Chandra and Naz's mom are toptier waifus

>Naz's mom are toptier waifus
She looks like the woman who killed the guy in the wheelchair together with her three daughters, one of which was hot.

not really we all know who the killer is

i felt the tattoos were unnecessary and slightly ruined naz's arc. the drug addiction would've be fine on its own

if there's a season 2 it'll be like True Detective with a different setting, cast and story. just like the original series it's based on

Naz did it. There were other possible (yet not probable) suspects but who are we kidding? The D.A. just wanted everyone to forget about the case because muslims. When Naz finally broke in the witness stand he realized he consciously didnt even know if he killed her or not.

>the killer is literally Dennis Reynolds

The amount of stupidity about this show is pretty mind boggling. This whole board needs to be nuked, the average viewing comprehension is below being able to discuss even the most straightforward shows properly.

I would've liked that the show ended with him sniffing some heavy does of speed while some chill music is playing, then he suddenly remembers how he tried to fuck the girl but couldn't get quite hard and the girl whispered in his ears: 'POO-'. He then grabbed the knife and stabbed her to death.

Jokes aside, a sudden flashback would've been nice, that he killed her just repressed it until now, since he wasn't exactly dindu himself.

But the motives are still a question, I mean she had sex with him, why kill her? The financial advisor guy and the personal trainers are just losers, and while the black guy is totally a domestic abuser, he wouldn't have enough reason to kill her. The other black thug..the same.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought this

That wasn't the point of the story.

He didn't get turned into a criminal. What did happen is he learned about life in a twisted way. He learned his mom does t support him 100%, He learned just how fucked the court system can be, He learned how to survive in tough social environments. And so forth. Aside from coming out doing drugs he became a stronger individual.

If there is a season two it won't be with Naz.

It totally will be with Naz crawling through the streets looking for the next fix.

;__;

>I liked the message behind how prison actually turned an somewhat innocent boy to be full blown criminal
edgy fucks like you is why we cant have nice tv shows

How is that edgy?

of all the characters chandra got fucked over the worst
>kisses naz
>smuggles drugs in her pussy
>gets career ruined

>How come there is no one discussing this show?
There were like 3 threads about it earlier today and seemed to be consistent talkback threads while it aired (which I was unable to participate in as an Ausfag peasant. 'Express from the US' my ass).

that's what you get for being stupid

>They have left the hunt of the true killer open
No they didn't.

>and thay have stablished the "perfectly goog boy turned into shit by da system" with the drugg addict end of the main characeter.
They didn't establish it, they explored it the entire season and brought it to a close.

I was pleasantly surprised he used that video of the kiss to try and help Naz. I thought he saw the drug smuggle and would retaliate against Naz for holding out or something.

kek, thirded

Fucked over by the writers, maybe. But if a human being is that stupid, she deserves to be disbarred at best. Her actions were incompetent, unprofessional and criminal.

(que the intro music)
>REAL HUMAN BEAN
>AND A REAL HERO

>its just drugs man xD it's totally harmless!!! xDD

Essential turturro-core? I've seen O'Brother

Everyone saying nas did it seems to be forgetting that there was a second murder of the same MO while he was in the clink, also the knife was still downstairs on the coffee table, also his inhaler was placed on the bed neatly and without a drop of blood on a bed absolutely covered in blood, almost like it was done after the fact to implicate him.

Jesus christ, what the fuck were ypu watching

>The financial advisor guy and the personal trainers are just losers
Stepdad is now rich as fuck. Doesn't have to deal with bitching step daughter anymore. Lives life deliciously. How is he a loser?
Advisor exploited his attorney rights over the girl, beat up prostitutes and possibly massacred her. That is more villian than loser.

Not really. She reminded of that the chick from season 1 of Serial only she actually acted on her lust.

Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink

Well, law firms do kinda go out of their way to keep young lawyers away from clients unsupervised.

Miller's Crossing

It's midnight, all I wanted to do was have a quick glance over Sup Forums before hunkering down to fall asleep to Gilmore Girls, and instead I'm sitting here watching an uncut interview of a woman who tortured a man in a wheelchair to death for days matter of factly discussing how she regrets that she didn't find the time to torture and kill someone else on her shitlist.

Thanks a lot, user.

everyone who gives a fuck about who did it totally missed the point of the show.

>also his inhaler was placed on the bed neatly and without a drop of blood on a bed absolutely covered in blood, almost like it was done after the fact to implicate him.
In court it was stated, that the inhaler was on the bed. Naz had no objections. It seems he did take the inhaler upstairs himself when they had sex.

>Everyone saying nas did it seems to be forgetting that there was a second murder of the same MO while he was in the clink,

That wasn't suggesting the killer was the same, it was a comparison of white vs black victims in terms of media coverave, and an example of every-day killings and the desensitisation it wreaks on those involved in the justice system and crime news, which leads to people like Naz and his family getting churned through the system/media with no regard of how their lives are being destroyed in the process, the realisation of which was a big reason Box had a change of heart.

(But yeah, Naz didn't do it and anyone who suggests there's any doubt there is retarded).

This is also true, but its hard to ignore the effort placed into the work by the writers to reduce suspicion to near nul

Go back and look at the scene and the photo where the inhaler was discovered by the defense, there is no way in a sea of blood that the inhaler would not have been touched

well spoken.

Explain? Sure, it's not just murder mystery and was more about the impact of the system and characters, but saying it flat out doesn't matter is the same attitude that got Naz into that situation in the first place when the police decided he was guilty and Stone insisted the truth didn't matter.
Saying it doesn't matter who did it is the cause of all the shit the show was about. You might as well say 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' had nothing to do with talking about Kevin since they never actually did that.

Yes, but Naz didn't go "I didn't put it there" even though he saw the picture and it was a topic in court.

I saw that commentary as well, but was a little blinded by the similarities in the killing, i hadnt thought that it may have been unrelated. I would have almost liked her to have been murdered differently as to avoid this confusion

watching part 8, the defense came off as cunts. also how is 2 years not enough time to be added to a will?
>I liked the message behind how prison actually turned an somewhat innocent boy to be full blown criminal.
I hate that
>"Hurr we can't decide, it's at a perfect 50%"
then they revote till one of them switches

>I'm sitting here watching an uncut interview of a woman who tortured a man in a wheelchair
You were searching for the wrong woman. I think he meant Oberyn Martels lover from GoT.

Naz was not good from the start

Omar is shit. He is a type of guy that is cool as long as you do everything he says and do it his way.

Yeah because he didn't know if he did or didn't.

Hes not a detective, its his inhaler, its in a room he inhabited, why would he think any differently, but im telling you, anything on that bed would be covered. Especially an inhaler sitting directly on top of a pool of blood. Could be an oversight by productiom though

>muh feet
this faggots have not been a day in a criminal court.

In terms of the story, what was the purpose of the prosecutor getting Naz to say he doesn't know if he killed her? The way it was executed, it seemed like a genuine "well even if you didn't kill her, you have to live with letting her die" or some kind of "kid gets mindfucked by being told he did it that he's starting to doubt himself" sort of thing.

But... she was clearly very fucking dead. The fact that he asked if she was dead later doesn't magically mean she was alive or could have been alive. And the fact that he asked that doesn't even suggest that he mistakenly THOUGHT that she was alive or could have been alive, people who are stressed out often have trouble processing what's happened and there's nothing remotely unusual about him wanting to hear it from someone else in that moment.

Was it as simple as "haha the defence really fucked up by putting him on the stand because the prosecutor is still twisting things as far as she can and Naz is still an idiot who talks too much"? Because that was pretty apparent the second Chandra suggested he take the stand and I still don't understand why she thought there was any purpose for that.

that statement can be taken 2 ways

If that's end then it really is a piece of shit
>Freddy's a good boy he dindu nuffin

Chandra was the biggest moron on the entire show.

Who else would sniff some speed out of Chandra's pussy?

There is nothing that the court system did wrong.
>He learned his mom does t support him 100%
yep. We expect our parents to love us but for example my mom said she would dump my ass if I turned out to be gay
>He learned how to survive in tough social environments
that was kindergarten level complexity
>doing drugs he became a stronger individual.
its temporary

>"kid gets mindfucked by being told he did it that he's starting to doubt himself" sort of thing.
To be fair this is a well known phenomenon, I remember reading about these kids in Iceland that were interrogated about a murder so much they started to believe they actually did it

because most of that anti prison shit is made up, even the real stuff usually applies to juveniles and orphans

that scene made no goddamn sense.
He couldn't have developed any real feelings for her for a couple of hours they spent together, he probably cursed the second he met her a thousand times while he was in the pen. Writers just felt the obligation to bring her up once again since she kinda left in ep1.

AND detective's last scene made no sense to me. Why would a retired dissapointed old guy even feel that burning urge to bring a criminal to justice? Well ok, maybe he did, but not the prosecutor.

I liked it

Well that's not what google took me, and now I'm super bummed.

This. with mindset like that she would fall for every faggots sob story and the next thing you know she is a sidekick in silence of the lambs

Fuck off Chandra, go clean out your desk

The truth doesn't matter. Naz's life is ruined because he was arrested for murder. fin.

Stone didn't care about the truth. The DA didn't care about the truth. The media didn't care about the truth. The huge defense firm didn't care about the truth. His family didn't care about the truth (and were convinced of his guilt by five words from the DA). Tuturro's character didn't care about the truth. Omar didn't care about the truth. The inmates in ryker's didn't care about the truth.

Everyone got angry at naz every time he tried to tell the truth.

Truth doesn't matter and if it doesn't fit into people's narrow little worldviews, the truth will make them angry.

Why does it make no sense. He didn't know her at all yet she's affected his life forever, he's not just going to forget her. And the fact that he claims he doesn't know if he killed her or not. Not something you just stop thinking about.

Totally, and might have been interesting to explore, but it doesn't seem like that was the purpose of the scene, unless I'm just not feeling it.

>tfw the black morgue guy was right, the girl was indeed a destroyer

Based inquisitor black man.

they really need to make recaptcha filter autistic people.

>Stone didn't care about the truth.
>Tuturro's character didn't care about the truth.

>innocent

This dude had a past he wasnt as good as you think

Is it me or the way Chandra tried to work Stepdad came off as pathetic?

turturro cared about the same thing omar did. Which was the fact naz wasn't a criminal.

No one got off easy. Chandra could have been done for the drugs and gone to prison instead of just losing her career

yeah dude he hit that kid with a soda can so hard he needed a brain transplant. cold blooded money hungry 4000% profit muslim.

Why dont you leave then? Never come here if we are so stupid.

I'm just saying you mentioned him twice

>Why would a retired dissapointed old guy even feel that burning urge to bring a criminal to justice? Well ok, maybe he did, but not the prosecutor.
Considering how he left his office, how boring gold seemed to be, and the fact that he immediately started working security, it seems like he was being forced to retire. Only after not being FORCED to work as a cop did he have the luxury of stepping back and thinking about the case, instead of just trying to get it over and done with so he can go home, bang his wife and sleep like a log, as his colleague put it.
As for the prosecutor, probably guilt for the way she was so blindly assured of her position that she falsified pretty damning evidence. She, too, reframed her position once the case became about her being the one speaking for Andrea and bringing her justice. And putting a random unlucky schlub behind bars while the real killer is free does nothing to bring Andrea justice.

Even if you were right (you're not) that still isn't edgy.

>He couldn't have developed any real feelings for her for a couple of hours they spent together,
She was fun to be with like nothing he ever met before. She was the hottest pussy he will get his entire life. He will never forget her.
That is why the undertaker hates women like her.

The purpose is to make him look guilty to the jury.

So user, how many hours of your life have you spent shitposting on Sup Forums?
Oh? We have your entire internet history right here.
Let us play the court a timelapse video of your webcam.

oh.

right.

One of those was supposed to be Box. I'll never remember that name because its fucking stupid.

>Naz's life is ruined
Which woudln't have happened if everyone involved in the case didn't say shit like "the truth doesn't matter."
Because the truth matters a whole fucking lot. The fact that none of the characters cared about the truth is their FLAW and is one of the main concepts show explored.
The truth absolutely fucking matters.

That's a morally retarded way to view the show. Or at least it explains why the show is so flawed.

The whole point is the sheer improbability of the scenario, the misfortune of it. No one can be blamed for not seeing "the truth" as you put it.

It's about whether people can trust Naz against all odds or whether they lose faith in him.

The rest of the show is a clever premise for a murder mystery with Turturro, who is the brilliant mind with a unique way of thinking about the situation.

It's the television and film board but the people here can't even follow a straightforward crime and courtroom drama that's largely playing with the most well-known conventions of the genre. I should probably leave I know that expecting anything above utter idiocy around here is a lost cause but this place should be changed to something other than a television and film board.

>morally retarded
Morality is relative.

Do you think the jury will be impressed with my stamina?

Seems feasible.

It matters in real life. It doesn't matter to the show. Showing them track down the real killer doesn't add anything to the theme that was being conveyed.

He lost his virgin to here.

He told the DA 'one other time'. Every man rounds up and every woman rounds down.

A - Doubtful

Moral relativism is retarded.

>It matters in real life.

Oh to be so naive.

>cold blooded money hungry 4000% profit muslim.

Did anyone else find that point stupidly retarded? What kind of idiot pays $10 for a pill and doesn't assume it's being ridiculously marked up? I understand the prosecution using it to paint him a certain way, but it seemed like the friend was actually hurt and surprised.

this place doesn't need to be "changed"

maybe you just need to fuck off and go away

My eight year old son says the same thing about anything he doesn't understand.