themaximusdecimusmemorialorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/the-man-we-met-in-prison
houulrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-tragedy-of-prince-kelly
vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/glyph-of-inspired-hymns
marktheartist.bandcamp.com/album/beats-by-dr-kevorkian
shotgunhealer.bandcamp.com/album/dungeoneering-and-other-activities
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes hello it's me the dungeon synth AOTY how are you all doing this afternoon

Does this genre even need stand-out artists or albums?
Isn’t this just a youtube search term like “lofi hiphop”?

hiiii dungeon synth friends =)

youtube.com/watch?v=gbsViaYiWws

anyone listen to this gem? It's like it gets progressively darker throughout. One hell of an experience

No it's actually much more than that, fortunately. Certain artists stand out as good and bad for sure. Old Tower is quite good. Blood Tower is also good. They have their distinctive flavors and styles

someone post that meme of the like 200000 dungeon synth subgenres

'lofi hip hop; is kinda a meme but beat tapes are not. 'Le dungeon dark ambient black metal' is a meme, dungeon synth is not

what did we think of this?

Well i enjoy listening to dungeon synth on youtube but i have absolutely no interest in learning about the various artists (and i think metal sucks and the entire subculture is unattractive to me)

how do you get that kind of grainy look?

>how do you get that kind of grainy look?
bumping for this. i was going to ask the exact same question but i wasn't sure how to word it.

You xerox it
It's good dawg. 7/10

Oh also increasing the exposure often helps and sometimes there's a setting for graininess

Top tier grain

You could probably just mess around on Photoshop with a another grainy image on top of it

What do you do while listening to it?

The Old School way. Run it through a copier with low quality settings until you are satisfied.

better yet Run it through a copier, take a picture of it with a cheap camera, repeat as needed

It's just like adding more distortion

i've tried running my stuff through a copier and it just made it super dark. i guess i could try toying with settings though. thanks for the tips

this souns like proto-james ferraro
cool shit

You could also always try other scanning methods. Maybe photographing it with a camera, then printing it and repeat. Or sending it to yourself by fax.

Fuck yeah. Dungeon Synth doesn't get enough love here.

so all dungeon synth is distributed on tapes?

Did Burzum start dungeon synth? I love this genre, but I don't know much about it. I know that it spawned from dark ambient, black metal, and classical music.

some of his prison work is dungeon synth iirc

He's one of the OGs yeah, along with Mortiis and like Jim Kirkwood
All the best stuff is

literally "I like bm aesthetics but can't be arsed to listen to actually cool music: the genre"

In the 90s it was. Now its mostly online. People continue to make them into tapes because it fits the aesthetic.

Early dungeon synth broke out of dark ambient. Tomhet is more of an example of that, His Prison albums are closer

i would argue that tomhet and rundgang is dungeon synth too

not dungeon synth but i think you guys will appreciate it
youtube.com/watch?v=-NfRBZc9IaY
also this: youtube.com/watch?v=aKRfEQSU-g8

also here's some actual dungeon synth:
youtube.com/watch?v=F9KdIHNtzNw

fuck off to your dissection and emperor you little faggot

make DS thread = make genre mainstream
die from cancer you fags posting here

mainstream where? on fucking Sup Forums?
lmao

dissection is melodeath garbage it's not even bm fuck off bitch I don't listen to dissection watain or any trendy garbage like nightbringer only real true black metal of real underground forever underground moonblood kings fuck you

I like Til Det Bergens Skyggene his shit but the psysical tapes have been out of the loop for a few years but I just checked the site and it is going to go online around october this year so who knows maybe there is a reprint going on

youtube.com/watch?v=x7fwWtrLNXM
youtube.com/watch?v=1Vjp5OVg9dQ&index=3&list=PL551vTYW1lJyzYsnbeJqYWILTzuuc-CRM

>youtube.com/watch?v=F9KdIHNtzNw
this is really beautiful, thank you user!

go suck your jewish father's cock

Try this if you are also in to dark ambient

storm of the night's bane is an amazing album. you're both enormous plebs.

also, Sup Forums is the only place where faggots would make it so that black metal and dungeon synth can't coexist. they're like peanut butter and jelly

my nigga.One of my favorite DS projects. Really nails the comfy old-timey RPG atmosphere

sorry to break it to you but dissection is a faggot band for faggots.

you have to be 18 to post here. i suggest you go back to the youtube comment section. you'll be able to find plenty of like-minded individuals there

What are 3 essential dungeon synth albums?

hliðskjálf
hliðskjálf
hliðskjálf

What are the best games to play while listening to Dungeon Synth. OSRS is an obvious and fun one, but recently I've been playing Heroes III while listening to some of my favorites.

has anyone here copped a masmorra zine? i just bought one and i'm curious what i'm in for
masmorradsz.bandcamp.com/

That looks sick

If you don't collect tapes you're gay

Post your most obscure shit

Hey, I'm an ambient/pop producer and I was thinking of experimenting and attempting to make Dungeon Synth. I plan to make the sounds using a keyboard fit with general midi instruments. Are there any guidelines or unwritten rules I should be aware of?

Not exactly, just be true to the aesthetic. I've noticed hostility towards people who aren't taking it seriously or who are just dipping their toes in so keep that in mind

So fucking good

this is bizarre

Play it while doing my work, maybe while browsing the web.. it’s good atmosphere very relaxing. I would NOT go to see a show of this kind of music i think that would not be a good time unless youre trying to meet other edgelords

>also here's some actual dungeon synth:
>youtube.com/watch?v=F9KdIHNtzNw

This is just lovely.

lmfao cool it verminaard

But in a good way

Verminaard btfo by canrith

Well there's not a huge live scene anyway

Absolutely comfy, it's like staying at a cozy tavern after a hard fought but rewarding magical adventure.

youtu.be/egM6poTcc8Y

If i were in a band like this i would try to get a gig at an art gallery or maybe like work out a deal with a museum for us to play regularly there.

HAHAHA

>I've noticed hostility towards people who aren't taking it seriously
Out of curiosity, where is this hostility coming from and which artists are they mad at?

My favorite ds release of late

Damn, get fucked

Bump for more recs. Just getting into this stuff and would love some more.

This, it's basically already dead with all these faggot posers making VST-core garbage.

poser garbage

Pilgrimage is one of the best written DS songs. Standout album by a standout artist.

I still haven't found his second fucking tape after a year. Lord Caduceus Xul is the man

dungeon synth ?

youtube.com/watch?v=FWzrcb8qZg8

Idk what the fuck is Verminaard's problem is. He was a cool guy who genuinely cared about the genre for a while until he just snapped at the "post-dungeon synth" tape one day. Canrith isn't someone to get pissed at because he's extremely important to the genre's success

The people who are hostile have all cuddled up in their little "true" corner. The actual community is extremely welcoming

>go to check out chaucerian myth
>it's a three hour album
how the fuck am i supposed to digest this

Came in to post Fief. The first album is one of my favourite examples of 'lighter' dungeon synth. Comfy as fuck.

Enjoying this Dark Ages-Chronicle of the Plague album. Very reminiscent of Wongraven.

LGBT Synth

New bit was nice too. Looking forward to the next major release.

Take 3 hours, you fucking dunce.

Any NSDS?

alder deep is so good, i can't stop listening to it

This is an aoty contender for sure

You have to spend lots of time with it. I still have yet to fully process a lot of it

My nigga. This label is great

Basically it just goes to show that being a cranky bald loser isn't any way to make friends online
There are only a few poseurs and fewer are faggots. Like vaelastrasz

Where can I find these guys outside of discogs?

I know the Omaha boys enjoy their live shows
Well the hostility especially comes from the trvefags who are sick of the scene being inundated by trash. But no one wants to really listen to dungeon synth they perceive as insincere. Here are some examples of what not to do:
frozenbloodsword.bandcamp.com/album/koniec-kr-lestwa
moyogash.bandcamp.com/album/self-portrait-regretting-pinocchio
(Not even sure why moyogash has that tag)
themaximusdecimusmemorialorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/the-man-we-met-in-prison
houulrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-tragedy-of-prince-kelly
vaelastrasz.bandcamp.com/album/glyph-of-inspired-hymns
marktheartist.bandcamp.com/album/beats-by-dr-kevorkian
shotgunhealer.bandcamp.com/album/dungeoneering-and-other-activities

Basically just meme trash that sucks. Don't be like that. But effort into every aspect of the release and it'll be appreciated. Don't waste the dungeon synth tag

The label website is secret so I can't really tell you about it unfortunately. The way I found it was by rambling about it online and then to shut me up the label owner told be where to find it. I can't guarantee that'd work now. I can't wait for the fifth album to come out

Mostly, but to be fair no one wants something really blatantly no effort or crappy. I guess while trvefags may be hostile everyone else might just ignore it