Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rkAsJCPMvI
youtube.com/watch?v=0q9RG16JCAs
torontolife.com/culture/music/aaron-low-speech-pathologist-qa/
youtube.com/watch?v=PQuxdZ1iOX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally who

who

Why, oh why, was this left off an album? It would have been a hit back then. As far as I'm concerned, it is now. Once in a while Dylan really surprises with his singing skills. This is one of those times.

This is exactly what I like about artists with a long recording history; encountering pearls such as this one. Cheers OP

Any other songs like this where Dylan shows his true vocal chops?

God I hate normies who think he's a bad singer

Nashville Skyline

Girl From the North Country (the Nashville Skyline version) blew me away when I first heard it. It's a really touching performance.

ive always been impressed by his singing on one more cup of coffee
shows off the strength in his voice, as well as his control of his voice
youtube.com/watch?v=5rkAsJCPMvI

goin' to acapulco was the moment i realized he was a great singer.

Is his voice legit ruined now or does he slur like a heroin addict in his singing on purpose?

That said I always felt he was a great singer, not a lot of artists can convincingly change into so many different voices the way he does

i think his voice is actually ruined from a lifetime of smoking cigarettes. if you listen to him in the 80s and 90s it sounds like a natural progression.

Most voices get ruined with just old age. Phil Collins still performing like he did 30 years ago is short of miracle. Considering Bob Dylan's old habits and lifestyle, his voice is definitely fucked beyond repair.

Paul Simon has really held onto his voice too, though he was never known for his voice I guess

McCartney still sings well and hits the notes he needs to, but looks like he's starting to croak a little

on a related note i was surprised to hear neil young still has his voice mostly intact considering he sings in a higher register.

youtube.com/watch?v=0q9RG16JCAs

If I had a voice like these guys I would barely even talk for fear of wearing out my voice

Art Garfunkel losing his voice from smoking is nothing short of a tragedy

or Self-Portrait (basically a reminder his Country Crone isn't that great)

I don't think age has that much to do with it, voices change sure, but most singers simply don't look after their voices. One of the top vocal experts who's done surgery on a lot of singers said it's mainly about vocal exercises, and when asked who would he most want to meet, he said Mccartney, he said he'd get him singing like he used to in no time.

Whoever that fucker is he needs to meet Meat Loaf, Elton John, Billy Joel, and Art Garfunkel as well. They all need a lot of help.

Yeah, he does really well on Desire all the way through

torontolife.com/culture/music/aaron-low-speech-pathologist-qa/ This is the guy.

I know Art Garfunkel had vocal problems but I read he regained his voice? I guess not?

He said he's like 90% back but I think it's wishful thinking, his voice sounds very breathy and he has to sing Bridge Over Troubled Water two or three keys lower

It would be great if he's fully back and I wish him well but I don't think it's happening at his age

He sounds quite good here: youtube.com/watch?v=PQuxdZ1iOX4 Much better than last year anyway.

He does sound pretty good here actually, a little breathy like I said but certainly more than passable. Glad he's doing better

Paul Simon has maintained his voice pretty well too. He's not exactly considered a defining voice of his generation like Garfunkel but he has a cool voice nonetheless

You have to be retarded to think that. his Vocal style is unique and conveys emotion 100 times better than so called "good" singers who all sound exactly like each other.

you literally stole this from the top youtube comment

Lay Lady Lay. His subtle vibrato is so good but he rarely uses it.