How old were you when you started making your own food?

How old were you when you started making your own food?
When did you stop asking your mom to make you a sandwich and just make your own sandwich?
I was about 10 when I started.

I am yet to stop. I don't even make my own toast lmao

I'm 19 and my mum still makes me food
Cheese on toast and instant noodles are about as far as my culinary skills go

19 cooking from scratch. But sandwiches I can't remember. I always had to make my own sandwich for long I can recall.

when i learned how to make tacos on taco fridays

Like 15-16 desu

I'm guessing your moms are housewives? What do you do if your mom isn't home?

>I'm guessing your moms are housewives?
Yeah
>What do you do if your mom isn't home?
Eat food that requires minor or no preparation - fruit, yoghurt, bread, cereal etc - or simply wait.

Unlike in cuck nations our mom's are traditional housewives and are always tending to their families or cleaning the house instead of going to the club to fug some Turkish yoloswag boy

She has two jobs but only works 5 or 6 hours a day

If she isn't in, I make instant noodles, cheese on toast, order a pizza, or wait for her to get home

My mom is in the kitchen all fucking day so it's impossible for me to learn to cook as she goes to bed at 2am and wakes up at 10am.

Move out retard

absolute state of any 'man' who can't cook

>hurrr cookings for women

fuck off you absolute baby. it's one of the most valuable life skills, and can, and should be utilized in many situations, emegency or otherwise throughout your life. absolute pleb tier, embarressing when a full grown adult can't cook. could never be self sufficient, will get laughed at by your peers. you don't even have to be good at it but if you don't know how to cook basic shit, if you don't understand the principles. you are a fucking manchild

Everyone on this board is either underaged or a neet

>absolute state
Stopped reading there.

>How old were you when you started making your own food?
14. Parents were busy working.
>When did you stop asking your mom to make you a sandwich and just make your own sandwich?
I don't remember.

what does that have to do with anything. even at 16 you should know how to cook. also what kind of parents dont get their kids in the kitchen and have them help out and learn? isn't that called not giving a shit?

23 and i can only microwave stuff my mom packs for me when i go back to the campus. mostly eat fastfood though. no idea how you actually cook food.

>asking that on a board where people watch Chinese cartoons, cry over no gf and jack off to "boipussy"

Mom always made me food in advance

Very late, something like 17. But I was preparing half-made food since the age of 12 if I recall correctly.

When I was 15

not him but wtf would i want to move out if they take care of me and give me pocket money and i don't need to do anything just study. i mow grass though

For self-actualization? To mature as an adult?

next thing you accusse me is i don't do dishes. of course i don't because mom always does that and i don't know where to put stuff.

I don't remember exactly, but I know for sure that I cooked fried eggs and toasts myself at least at the age of 11, maybe a bit earlier.

when no friends no gf, that doesn't matter
the scariest thing i actually feel comfortable that way. no interaction with anyone no stress. eat, play video games, work out, study. what else do you need?

Don't you think having no friends or gf might have something to do with being a manchild?

>I feel comfortable
of course you do but that's not where self growth happens

I haven't make my own food.
I eat out and convenience stores food and grocery store food and so on.

Well i left for uni at 17 so uh.. 17, if you can call my cooking at the time food.

18. Still can't cook something except basics

14 probably. I am pretty good at cooking now (21yo)

18 years old, only some time ago. Today is more like to make some special lunch. But in some months I will live alone, so I will be 100% at my own.

>Make some shit without mom: 9-10 yo
>know some recipes and feed myself: 15 yo
>"fuck this, i wish i was 10 years old again" : 23 yo

13 or 14 years, grandma gave me dinner after school every week–day and parents at work until night. I would usually make pasta or rice with food from a can (such as beans, tomatoes), cheese and fish until I overcame my fear of handling raw foods (which went at ~17 years).

runt and practically underage

Always made my own breakfast and lunch (except for sundays when I still lived with my parents). Mother taught me the way around the kitchen when I was around 15 and cooked for myself (or company) ever since.

Americans and Canadians are fucking brainwashed. Nigger, that isn't self actualising, it's being thrown out on your arse in a world unprepared and doing nothing but contributing to the slowly increasing drop in well being for the majority. You know why your nation pushes a culture of "independence" at a young age? It's because your entire fucking economy is dependant upon pressuring millions of people to needlessly be force into society where they are essentially working poor who are constantly apending money on basics in order to survive. More people living at home and doing things like pooling income together, saving money and naturally spending less on housing, cars, etc. and all the rest which comes with that would cost corporations billions of dollars every year in the lost sale of items people don't need to buy when they live together.
While I can't stand living with others, don't fucking pretend that 1. being thrown out into the streets is being "independent", because you just end up depending heavier on other services while having far less economic liberty, and 2. stop fucking acting like that cancerous tradition of kicking your kids out of house and home while still a kid and expecting them to get a job, wife and kids isn't ultimately an extension of the same fucking cycle you are here claiming is a means of self actualisation. It's a fucking hampster wheel.

American/Canadian (same shit, less Mexicans) culture is a cancerous stain on the modern world. Thanks for being the eternal puppet for corporatocracy.

Fucking kill yourself mate.

I learned how to cook basic stuff at boy scout when I was a teen, had to start cooking for myself at 18 when I moved away for uni

>being thrown into the streets

When did anyone say that? Nice strawman.

>kicking your kids out

Again. No one said that you retarded manchild. No one is saying you should move out at 18 but it's in your own interest to move out sooner rather than later to actually mature as an adult.

You can't really learn anything when mommy and daddy give you an allowance and don't ask you to work a job. That's how you end up with developmental issues and end up being a 35 year old with the mental function of a teenager.

Gee I wonder why he has no friends or girlfriend

normie bullshit

When I moved out at 20.

Uh huh

around 11

I can tell you that, having moved out at 18 and having been in contact with people everyday for years, normies (the just b urself type) are mostly horrible human beings who fake empathy and disregard other people's well being over personal gain, in a word hypocrites

you keep talking about some supposed self growth/development

care to elaborate on these vague terms?

Who are better humanbeings?

Are abnormies from r9k deeply empathetic individuals who care about others wellbeing?

Kind of hard to be specific but just all the different aspects of being a self-sufficient adult.

just talk to any person who still lives with their parents at 22+ or so in real life. You'll see what I mean, they're like teenagers in terms of social development.

I don't go to r9k, but social outcasts usually aren't hypocrites who fake empathy and understanding to fuck you over afterwards

In fact, they're outcasts because they show their real feelings

The reason they're social outcasts is because they're uninteresting and depressing to be around.

Literally what is a "normie"? An average person?

self-realization and personal growth is completely unrelated from social relationships and status

We're not animals

13 or 14, can't remember, but it was pasta with tomato sauce, or fried steak and chips, etc. Nothing complicated.

18/19 i guess

We eat Butterbrot, with everyone having a plate infront of them. So you start making your own as soon as you can coordinate your hands to do so.

Attend her so you will grab up all the skills.

They are "uninteresting and depressing" because they choose to detach themselves from social norms and principles.

The key to self realization is individuality, not becoming one of the herd

>one of the herd

Again. No one is saying that, what the fuck?

>detach themselves from social norms and principles

Lol that means standing out in a good way. Becoming a successful business owner, a leader like Hitler, Mussolini or something. Not being an autistic manchild who plays league all day.

>in a good way

there is no "good way", your idea that self realization relies in having a "good" or "acceptable" social status is completely arbitrary and narrowminded

Yeah because there's social standards since we live in a society where people work together.

Again what do you mean by "normie"? Do you mean like the average pleb or the r9k definition where anyone who isn't a virgin with no friends and suicidal depression is a normie? This is fucking retarded and what you're saying makes no sense. Abnormies aren't good people by virtue of being friendless losers.

My own sandwiches i started making when I started primary school, also started to make dinner for the family once a week at about 9-10

>social stardards
>good
>losers

Have nothing to do with self-realization, you speak like you're a sheep that needs to follow the herd, sad

What herd am I following lol. I'm not a normie

i had some friends in hs but they are all stoners so i stopped replying to them and boom and in a few months they forgot about me. feels good. my generation are a bunch of retards and i'd rather be on my own than socializing with them. i dunno perhas there are real people somewhere but i haven't met anyone worth being friends with. a bunch of posers and stoners. so i feel comfy being alone

>Americans and Canadians are fucking brainwashed
>replying to a canadian calling an american a manchild
pick one

You are a "normie" if you consider social standards higher than the self, which you do since you disregard people as losers if they don't match the norms you have chosen to mindlessly follow

What is "the self"? It sure as fuck isn't living with your mom until 40.

What norms should there be then? Jacking off to CP and plsying videogames and sleeping until 3pm everyday are the prime virtues?

>until 40.
The threshold is kinda arbitrary. To me there are two criteria: college degree/job and a stable relationship. But if i don't even have a gf by the time I graduate, why the hell would I want to move out? To live like a loner? I will have plenty of chances to do that later when I am 40 or whatever.

The self is the inner manifestation of your own conscience, your version of self-realization is just abiding the norms like a drone, even worshipping them as an absolute truth

Meditate and grow up, learn to discovery that developing your own individuality is the real "goal" of existance, do not mistake instruments (norms) with goals (inner developement)

My parents just see food as energy units. My siblings and I learnt how to do all the cooking from a very young age so we could actually make stuff with flavour and texture.

Do you do ANYTHING to get a "gf"?

Why do you keep making it sound like life is just something that happens to you that you have no influence in?

Normies out

no i will never make a move because i have a strong fear of rejection.
so i hope it will just happen one day.

I'm sure it will work out eventually.

Like 14 years ago, I was 28 years old IIRC.