I've got a mission for you guitar nerds in here

I've got a mission for you guitar nerds in here..

I bought these 7 string pickups today for 30$, the guy had no idea what the brand is. I tried to find it on google but i got nothing ... can you help me find what brand it is ? ty in advance. anyway, here's what i know ;

-Serial is 3PU3PA0022-MAT-3P01
-No engraving whatsoever
-The ground wire is made of copper
-I dont have an Ohm-Meter
-They came in a Bare Knuckle Aftermath 7 box ( Wich obviously they are'nt ..!)

-Backplate

probably shitty stock pickups

you got burned

yeah they probably are, but 30cad for a set is not bad.

and even if they are stock pickups, it may sound better than what i have on my JP70. that would be great.

I mean, if you're playing a 100 dollar guitar maybe? I don't know what skill level you're at but you'd be better off just saving up a bit and buying a halfway decent guitar.

They're stock pups. Out of something cheap like an Ibanez or Schecter.

i mostly use my sterling JP70, and i've been playing for like 15 years. the pickups on it are descent but i tought that maybe i could get better, and what can i loose for 30$, its a working set of 7 string pickups !

yeah but ibanez uses a blue wire instead of the green .. idk for schecter tho, i had a hellraiser c-8 but it had active/covered pickups..

I just worked on an Ibanez 7 and they stock pups had a green wire, not blue.

Those pickups will probably not sound better than what you have in your guitar...

what do you play through? your pickups might not be the problem

just checkes with schecter and most of the humbuckers they use are branded and/or uses flat head screws ... none uses hex

Taking a look at this picure I'm going to say they're stock Ibanez. You can see the iutline of where the foam padding should be.

i use bias Fx, but there's no issues with my sound really, but if i could find what this pair is and compare the two, i may swap them. Btw my JP70 is not the one with the John petrucci DiMarzio set on it, its the model before that, maybe like 2014 idk

That is a DiMarzio pickup... Possibly an Evolution 7-string.

here's the foam padding

Definitely not.

sadly no, DiMarzio uses a weird PCB looking thing as a backplate ... that would've been dope tho

Stock Ibanez.

any idea on the model ..? every similar looking ibanez pickups i found uses a blue wire instead of the green. is it possible the previous owner swaped the backplates ?

Ibanez RG7321. I just worked on one and it had a green wire.

thanks alot ! did you had a chance to test the sound ?