What do we think of the canadian government paying Omar Khadr 10 million dollars for human rights volations?

What do we think of the canadian government paying Omar Khadr 10 million dollars for human rights volations?
Omar Khadr is a canadian and was a child soldier who killed an american soldier with a grenade during a firefight in Afghanistan. He was a minor but was still sent to Guantanamo where he was abused.
Now he's being awarded 10 million dollars. People are outraged. The widow of the soldier wants to make sure he gets none of that money.
They say he murdered that soldier and that he is a war criminal.

It seems to me that he killed an enemy combatant in a war zone. It seems to me that whatever he did his human rights were still violated in Guantanamo.

So do his critics have a leg to stand on?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr#Time_at_Guantanamo
cbc.ca/news/politics/khadr-settlement-1.4189146
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Canadian government shouldn't, but the American government should give him that money.

$10 Mil Canadianian?

That's like 20 Freedom Dollars, faggot.
who cares?

It does seem like they would be the responsible party. But american courts have actually upheld the widow's case for over 100 million.
But that can't be enforced unless canada goes along with it

Why should America pay him? He killed one of their soldiers.

Because america violated his human rights.
Prisoners of war still have human rights.

Also, Canada and America aren't enemies as far as i know so technically it would be friendly fire.

Oh snap

What?

I think he would still be classified as an enemy combatant

But Canada didn't do anything wrong. America did.

How would America be classified as an enemy if they were on the same side? Literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

....what are you talking about?

Even if they were BOTH americans and one of them deliberately killed the other, that would not be classified as friendly fire.

Can anybody tell me what they did to violate his human rights exactly? This was a child soilder after all, thats as about as close to a feral person as you can get with being that kid from the jungle book

Yeah, that would be murder if it was deliberately

Well it wouldn't be murder. Unless it is considered murder when one soldier kills another in a firefight.

Yes, then that would be friendly fire. Holy shit, what are you not getting about this? If a soldier kills another soldier of a friendly faction, that is friendly fire.

Many men are getting their asses beaten and raped in prison. Where's their money? Fuck this nigger. He should be grateful to be alive.

Canada and America are not art war with each other

It's a gray area. Kid was technically a mercenary. He's lucky he didn't get a bullet in the head. That's what he deserved. The civil claim will be enforced in Canada, or it may cause a lot of issues with other civil claims, cross border, such as child support, etc.This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

>enemy combatant
You mean soldier.

Unless it's in a war zone.
Even George Orwell didn't anticipate this level of double-speak/double-think

He wasn't part of a friendly faction, genius.
Which part of this is going over your head?

He was a citizen of a friendly nation.
He was a combatant for a hostile faction.

And what does that have to do with anything?

The soldier's widow's civil claim.

The deep is strong with that one.

According to him, every civil war is just friendly fire

Oh, he was a mercenary. Oh for fucks sake.

>You mean soldier.

ok sure.

lol good point

By Geneva Convention rules of war, that is exactly what he is, you fucking idiot.

wish there were a board for threads like this..

Funny how ameritards focus on apologetics, rather than facing the truth that they are torturers in violation of international law

No, when did I ever say that?

Why does he deserve a bullet in the head?

I mean, i guess he deserves a bullet in the head as much as every other soldier but beyond that...?

It's a logical extrapolation of your absurd claim that if you get killed by someone who is not a foreign soldier of an enemy country then it was friendly fire

Hey, they're both American - therefore = friendly fire
Herp-a-derp-a-ding-dong

For being a traitor to his Canadian Citizenship. Canadian were in Afghanistan, also, so he could have just as easily have killed Canadian Soldier.

He as a child soldier taken into a war by his extremist father.
He was 15 years old when american soldiers started shooting at him.

I guess he's a traitor. But you can hardly blame him if you're being intellectually honest

Are you arguing that the enemy need to be exterminated?
That's known as genocide, and it's also illegal under international law....not that ameritards recognise the distinction

dude what the fuck 10 million

i'm confused
canada has child soldiers?

Definitely seems a bit high to me. But then i've never been tortured in a prison before.

No. But he was taken to Afghanistan by his extremist father when he was 15 or so

Which will likely go to the American Soldier's widow, as she has a valid claim from an American Court, which the Canadian's usually recognize.

Should have left him to die on the ground after the bomb attack.

I would get tortured in a prison for 10 million dollars wtf lol

easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.

How was he "tortured"?

he did what he had to. Cant hate

I actually pay for torture of a sexual nature, and here they pass it our for free at Gitmo.

>Should have left him to die on the ground after the bomb attack

...not exactly a compelling rebuttal...

not even just me lol like imagine how many people would willingly go through what that guy went through and even more for 10 million

Once these little towel heads are so fucked up with extremism, about the only solution is a bullet to the noggin.

says the eurofag who's ancestors used biological weapons in a attempt to exterminate the indigenous peoples of the western hemisphere.

Canadian here.

The way I see it the whole thing comes down to two questions.

1. Is he a canadian citizen? Yes
2. Did the canadian government allow one of its citizens to be tortured by a foreign government? Yes

I agree that he was an enemy combatant (in the sense that insurgents and members of groups like Al-Qaeda and ISIS are enemy combatant), and I don't think that his killing of an American soldier in such a circumstance could be considered unlawful (it's not as though he killed someone who had surrendered to him).

That being said, I have no problem with the US tossing insurgents and members of Al-Qaeda/ISIS in Gitmo. It would have been a lot easier and less of a headache if they had just kept the tardo in Afganistan and interrogated him there.

Canada shouldn't be paying him jack shit. They didn't capture or sentence him. Canada is only involved because this scumbag was a Canadian citizen. He doesn't deserve a single dime.

Jews did 9/11. The men at "Gitmo" were innocent and the US government knew that fact. Fucking obscene.

it's different when you know you're going to come out fine and 10 million dollars richer tho

The most intelligent post of the entire thread.

They should pay him with a 10million dollar bullet

>tfw canada cucks iran into paying billions of dollars for supporting hezbollah
>tfw canada now cucks america, through one of its citizens, after he traveled to a warzone and murdered an american allie, who could've just as easily been a canadian soldier
daaanm, canada is savage bout their money. not afraid who they cuck to snatch it
canada ftfw get btfod rest of the world PAY UP CUCKS

For your hat.

it's a conspiracy dude he 100% planned it

see

1.) He was not apart of any recognized military, but a terrorist organization. He is not a 'Prisoner of War', and isn't protected under the Geneva Conventions.

2.) Although he does have Human Rights, he doesn't deserve $10 Million anything. He chose, or even if he was forced to, fight in a war where he wasn't a uniformed soldier and took the life of an American Soldier. Every action has a consequence, whether we like it or not. Period.

3.) He should probably be kept in prison for the entirety of his life for murder. It was a form of first degree murder, premeditated. In most cases in the United States, first degree murder warrants life imprisonment. He isn't a US citizen, but he drew US citizen blood, so he deserves repercussions for his actions.

>uses that $10 million to proceed his fathers war
>giving an enemy now in your own community, millions of dollars
gee this will totally end well for sure no doubt.

bet canada gets sued for billions after he uses this money to carry out an attack.

and the con game continues

>artistic work of fiction

kwaudz

See

How we personally feel about his choices doesnt change the fact that he was abandoned in a place that he didnt need to be by a government that is supposed to protect him from the treatment he recieved.

Of course he shouldnt have done what he did but the laws of a country cant be ignored because we dont personally agree with someone.

no doubt, but lets be realistic, he should be tried and imprisoned for murdering someone (an ally in a warzone mind you)
giving him money for being put in prison is illogical, and outright dangerous considering his family ties and past actions.

He was tried, he served 8 years in guantanamo ,after being held for 8 years without trial.

what exactly was he given the 10 mill for?
I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, I'm just asking what was the reasoning canada gave

you don't let heavily suspected murderers free while you try them...

idk

10 years without a proper trial isnt normal

going to an enemy state and waging war against your country and its allys isn't normal.

what the fuck do you know about "normal treatmeant" of POWs facing the horrendous charges this little turd committed...

I just want to know why Mexico didn't pay for it.

ItsTreasonThen.jpg

Laws and civil rights are set in place to diferentiate a just society from an unruly one though, correct?

The right to a free and fair trial regardless of the charges

The right to not have to endure torture to garner a confession.

What he did shouldnt dictate the judicial process though.

commited acts in another state
captured by another state
thus it's out of canadas jurisdiction
he's lucky they didn't behead him as which is usualy what happens when the enemy (the one the kid was allegedy fighting with/for) states capture enemy combatants

Fuck this nigger we dont owe him anything just send him back to the tusken raiders or put him down.

where he did it does.
research this shit yourself instead of spouting bullshit opinion about a topic you clearly know nothing about.

15 you know right from wrong

Mexico wouldn't pay for it, just like the won't pay for the wall of freedom.

Fucking beaners.

>he murdered that soldier and that he is a war criminal
getting shot is literally the military's job, how the fuck is that a war crime?

Shut the fuck up you fucking traitor, its war human right or not he plays for the enemy.

>search for UN dictated rules of war
rather than asking someone to spoonfeed you the info here.

see
The canadian government had a chance to bring him home and have him tried in Canada but let him rot in gitmo, failing in their duty as the government to ensure a canadian citizen recieved a fair trial.

Omar Khadr isnt being paid because he was a terrorist, he's being paid because the government fucked him over. Accountability swings both ways

Couple of things. He was in Guantanamo, but was actually tortured by CSIS, not the CIA or whoever. So that's part of the issue--he was a Canadian tortured by his own government.

The other issue is that the only evidence he killed anyone was his tortured confession, which combined with a nickel is worth five cents.

A third thing is that without the settlement he probably would have been awarded more by a court, so there's that.

Anyway, he's probably still a fucking asshole. So I'm ambivalent about the whole thing.

you americunts defending your shitty army attacking dumb sadnigger contrys are as dumb as a pig

[Citation Needed]

canada should be sueing the US for bringing it into a war we had no business in being at
9/11 was backed and funded by a different government altogether
we going to iraq and wasting lives/resources under false pretenses..

I say we shoot him and the widow and have done with it.

To be protected by the Geneva Convention and to legally fight as a combatant, he has to be actively fighting for a legitimate state or government. He is not. So he is an armed terrorist murdering people. The courts are wrong on this.

>Which will likely go to the American Soldier's widow, as she has a valid claim from an American Court, which the Canadian's usually recognize.

LOL, what the fuck are you talking about you delusional faggot?!

cbc.ca/news/politics/khadr-settlement-1.4189146

You'll get no argument from me on that score.

Exactly this. Afghanistan was a knee-jerk reaction to 9/11 and Harper being the trigger happy con he is decided to throw us in the arena too.

Why should Canadian taxpayers suffer because of American abuse?

also
>itt: everyone is an expert on the geneva conventions