>The Proposition
Not comfy
>Snowtown Murders
Definitely not comfy
>Animal Kingdom
No sign of comfiness
>Wrong Turn
Not. Fucking. Comfy

These are literally the only Australian films that came to mind, m80, and they're fucking horrific.

Last one I watched was Wolf Creek I think, and that wasn't comfy at all. In fact, it completely put me off the idea of ever going to Australia.

Watched Acolytes w/ Joel Edgerton a lil while back
Not too bad and worth the watch

I wouldn't call Mad Max comfy

*Wolf Creek not Wrong Turn

these are the comfiest aussie movies though

I like the idea of cruising around the wasteland in a souped up car, but I still wouldn't call it comfy

This is comfy though.

>tfw no surprise bf kisses

Animal Kingdom is comfy as fuck mate. Are you gay or something?

>ywn be adopted by your creepy aunt and be introduced to the criminal underworld by her psychopathic sons

>tfw no dago qt gf

tell me what movie this is rite now

>comfy

Where did you find this photo of me on me hols on the Gold Coast mate?

Aussie TV show: Please Like Me.

It's called, "You're an Abomination"

I love you too, user.

Fucking faggots in every thread

been to the yabba op?

I'm scratching my head to be honest family, not sure where you're getting comfy unless you're going back to like 70s-80s era Bruce Beresford stuff with The Club & Don's Party, or maybe stuff like Alvin Purple and other Ozploitation.

Most of the 90s cinema output is either quite rough, absolutely terrible, or a Baz Luhrmann cringefest. And from then on it's just grimdark crime or 0.5/10 rubbish.

Low budget

Somehow, that doesn't even seem unnatural.

>he didn't like Kenny
auskino

I hope someday you'll have someone to play the pocky game with, user.

Is Josh Thomas even remotely attractive in poof world? Apart from being a cashed-up sell out """celebrity"""? Which I guess is all it takes.

It might surprise you to know there was a time when you could come here without seeing gay shit every day

The Castle, Muriel's wedding, priscilla queen of the desert, crocodile dundee all pretty comfy

>ABC
CUT FUNDING REEEEEEEE

Ah, I can't believe I forgot about this one. So fucking good

Babadook is so comfy ya

>I'm gay please laugh at my jokes
I hppe this cunt gets aids and fucks off

Yeah, it was like every other day or at most few times a week. But all those trap/Bailey threads worked their magic. And here we are.

Priscilla and Dundee alright yeah, though Priscilla on recent viewing is really quite poor in a lot of ways, terrible pacing, 2D characters the lot of them.

The Castle and Muriel though, nothing comfy about "muh noble strugglers" stuff. Pathos overload.

>tfw new to the yabba

I don't know about their films, but their TV shows sure are comfy

Thanks for nothing. I never had anything against you fags until your faggotry became unavoidable.

Muriel's Wedding is still my favourite romcom.

You're welcome.

So now that we've firmly established that OP's assertion is completely inaccurate, what country/nationality (excluding U.S.) produces the comfiest films?

Murrican here, and my vote is for the Brits.
>Withnail and I
>Downton Abbey
>Powell and Pressburger
>Lindsay Anderson
>David Lean
... to name a few. All comfy AF

In my opinion:
Denmark with When Animals Dream and Flame & Citron. And France with the Nicolas Le Floch film series.

30's/40's Hollywood films are the absolute comfiest, next up would be Italian Gothic Horror films from the 60's

wrong pic

Haven't seen any of them, but When Animals Dream has been on my list for a while.

>Italian gothic horror
Good choice

>When Animals Dream has been on my list for a while

It's an atmospheric slow burn. Nothing is explained explicitly so if you're hoping for that, be aware.

Australia really has become the gay capital i shit you not

Some madman put acid in some sydney nightclubs lube

Good times

This film had the comfy atmosphere of a rural australian town, that being said I felt incredibly uncomfortable during the whole thing

Any WWII movie made before the 70s. With the possible exception of A Bridge Too Far.

Well, that's the first stop for a lot of the contestants of RPDR after the show ends, so I'm not surprised.

>Some madman put acid in some sydney nightclubs lube

Russian lube roulette. Made me giggle.

Russian Lubette

Chopper is comfy as fuck. Also Two Hands

comfiest WWII movie incoming

There we go. Much better.

Scariest fucking film I've seen since The Grudge. Granted, I had never heard of it, it just happened to be on HBO at 3am, and I was alone in the dark. My goosebumps actually hurt during certain scenes.

>it's a movie about Americans in a theatre where Brits did most of the hard fighting
REEEEE

New Zealand from LoTR through Hunt For The Wilderpeople
60s-70s Hong Kong
Studio Ghibli
Spanish language sex-romps

Comfiest

>it's a movie about Americans
and made by Americans, about an American Special Forces Unit that did in fact fight in Burma.

if the Brits want something about the Brits who fought they could have made their own goddamn movie instead of bitching about it

I AM THE NIGHT RIDER!
I'M A FUEL INJECTED SUICIDE MACHINE
I AM THE ROCKA
I AM THE ROLLA

DO YOU SEE ME NOW TOECUTTA?!?!?!

>josh thomas
DUDE IM GAY LMAO

>me in The Valley after lockout

Yup.

Gallipoli was comfy...until it was not

Fair point. And there are a couple of good ones. Just expected the movie to be about the 14th army based on the title was all.