Marvel Cinematic Universe vs DC Kinographic Universe

Marvel Cinematic Universe vs DC Kinographic Universe

Which will win the war?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
deadline.com/2016/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-profit-2015-box-office-marvel-universe-1201725562/
youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Marvel is capeshit
DC is capeshit, but at least its kino kapeshit

Whoever wins we lose.

Blizzard Chinamatic Universe.

>First 3 Marvel films
1.4 billion
>First 3 DC films
2.1 billion

;)

Marvel started with b listers while dc had bvs as their second movie, because mos underperformed and they couldn't reach 1 billion. Marvel=success dc=disappointment deal with it

>b-b-but
user these are the facts. You can't argue this. It's a direct comparison.

>Marvel started with b listers
>Hulk
>Iron Man
>Cap
That's their 3 biggest IPs you fag

war, lol, that makes DC iraq

Nolanverse

Their biggest ips at the time were Spider-Man, x men, and ff. They didn't the rights to any of them. Hulk was coming off ang lee and not many people knew iron man and cap. Dc started with bigger budgets and a listers and underperformed.

>Iron Man
Literally who that fans hated after the Civil War storyline.
>Cap
Character that everybody took as a joke because of his patriotism.
>Hulk
Had a flop.
Not argument. Tell me why a movie about two iconic superheroes flopped.

>Spider-Man, x men, and ff. They didn't the rights to any of them
And..?

The 3 biggest they had at the time were Hulk, Iron Man and Cap.

Hulk came 5 years before TIH, no excuse.

>Hulk came 5 years before TIH
And it flopped.

>war
>implying that DCucks can even compete with Marvel

>Not argument. Tell me why a movie about two iconic superheroes flopped.
I'm not arguing, I'm stating facts.

First 3 marvel films - 1.4 billion

First 3 DC films - 2.1 billion

;)

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o

As did TIH, Cap and Thor if you want to get technical.

It's only post-Avengers that some Marvel films started performing better, with the RDJ ones being the only ones breaking 1 billion.

and marvel made more money off that lower gross because they didn't spend as much money as DC did.

or are we just ignoring facts now?

>As did TIH
Which made more money than the first Hulk.

iron man and cap were not popular with the general audience compared to batman and superman. Hulk was coming off the shitty 2003 movie, and his popularity at the time didn't compare with superman and batman. Bvs had the 3 most iconic heroes and disappointed. Hell the only reason they put batman in their 2nd movie was because wb was expecting mos to reach 700m-1b, but it underperformed

>or are we just ignoring facts now?

Total budget for MCU after 3 films - 500 mil, double that for marketing, MCU made 400 mil at best

Total budget for DCEU - 600 mil, double that for marketing, DCEU made 900 mil at best

;)

>b-b-but
See ;)

Can't argue with facts, my dudes. Stop trying.

Context matters

Adjusted for inflation it actually performed about the same

Is getting triggered your superpower?

What about the context of Iron Man, TIH, Iron Man 2 and Cap all releasing immediately after Nolans Batman, when capeshit fever was at its highest?

And they STILL flopped ;)

>Cost 14 million more to make, as well as including that diva Norton
>Made 6 million more

Is this the power of MCU math?

>People still care about this

>when capeshit fever was at its highest
That was when Avengers was released, and it made more money than TDK.

DC made more money, but you're really comparing apples and oranges. DC's IPs are far far more prolific and well known. Think of it like Star Wars against Star Trek movie wise, the former will obviously make more than the other. Or an indie movie vs a Hollywood film if you want to be more obvious.

Batman and Superman will always make more money than Marvel's heroes.

Iron man 1 and 2 and cap 1 did not flop. If they flopped Mcu wouldn't continue. Those movies succeeded critically and financially, can't say the same about dc

Actually it performed much worse and cost more

>hello, i have no idea how anything works, please respond to me
>;)

... yea okay

>Iron man 1 and 2 and cap 1 did not flop

>IM1
140 mil
Double it to include marketing
280 mil
580 mil box office
That's a mild success at best
>Cap
140 mil production budget
Double it to include marketing
280 mil
370 mil box office
That's a flop considering they only get 65% of the box office returns
>IM2
200 mill production budget
Double it to get the marketing
400 mil
600 box office
That's a mild success at best considering

>Get presented with facts
>Can't comprehend that their company had a slower start than another company

;)

For the record, fuck all capeshit, but Marveldrones are some of the most defensive motherfuckers I've seen on this board and holy fuck you stupid fucks are fun to fuck with

>For the record, fuck all capeshit, but Marveldrones are some of the most defensive motherfuckers I've seen on this board and holy fuck you stupid fucks are fun to fuck with
> are some of the most defensive motherfuckers I've seen on this board
>most defensive
Yeah man, we spam your board with threads about """""kino"""" every single day. Good. You are not fooling everyone sayig that you hate all capeshit.

DC prematurely ejaculated their two biggest stars in the second DCEU movie, which was critically SAVAGED and couldn't even crack a bil

Where do they go from here? Wonder Woman is DOA thanks to a vapid female lead and a story that looks like a crappy version of First Avenger (war, but no Nazis)

Justice League is going to have to introduce Flash, Cillit Bang, Bananaman and all the other shitty DC B-listers in a single movie. A feat which Suicide Squad proved that WB / DC don't have the skill to pull off.

Marvel will win, DC will be better.

Then bvs and now were even worse flops espciaily considering the popularity of the characters

Mos-225m budget
Add marketing it reaches over 400
Makes 668m worldwide
Wb was expecting it hit 1b, cancelled mos sequels and made bvs

Bvs-250m budget
Add marketing over 400 and possibly 500
Made 875m worldwide
has worse legs than any
marvel movie

The marketing situation nowadays is out of hand.

deadline.com/2016/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-profit-2015-box-office-marvel-universe-1201725562/

Marvel made only $340 million on AoU, and the total cost of production and overheads (marketing included) was over $750 million. And RDJ gets allegedly a 15% cut of that off the bat.

That's ridiculous.

>He thinks I don't argue with DCucks in Kino threads as well
Aren't you such a special snowflake ;)

>He still thinks he is fooling someone

>B-but DC!

You guys are hilarious

Marvel /Disney are playing a long game. Their business is horizontally and vertically integrated. You can watch a Marvel movie and then go straight to the Disney store and buy your wife's son some Iron Man pyjamas and a foam Thor hammer. All the money makes its way to the mouse. That's why Marvel Studios are allowed to keep making these modestly successful B-listers hero movies; they're contributing to a cash flow independent of their theatre takings.

>He isn't on Sup Forums for the bantz and capeshit baiting
You're not here for discussion, are you? lol

;*)

>Thread is about Marvel and DC
>"WHOA HAHA STOP PUTTING DC INTO THE FIGHT, HEHE MARVELKEKS LOL"
Don't hide face.

probably DC if they can get their shit together

1.4 billion vs 2.1 billion

400 mil production vs 600 mil production

DC still making more bank ;)

Not to mention that WB own a bunch of stuff they advertise on.

You get that MoS and BvS were essentially paid for by product placements, right?

>Trying to save face
Good thing we are anons and we can post stupid shit freely.

>Save face
>Anonymous korean picture board
Lol?

What was the idea here

If you want to include merchandise sales
Marvel destroys dc

Stop replying to that autist, he can pull marketing numbers out of his severely pained ass and hold down tears for hours

>Stupid shit
Literally every said in that thread was FACT

These are FACTS people!

Source?!

The upcoming Infinity War is the first Marvel movie that could be more interesting than any of the DC movies.

Up to this point the DC movies have been more interesting.

As far as my anticipation goes : Infinity War> Justice League > Dr Strange >Batman >Thor 3> Wonder Woman > Flash >Aquaman

>LOL FACT
Big boys don't cry user, calm down.

>disney flicks selling toys

What about videogames and comics though? :^D

i like it

Eh, at the moment I just find DC are making more interesting films because they're a little less safe than what Marvel are doing. Marvel have to be kept kid friendly in every regard because the majority of their money comes from parents taking their kids to the cinema.

I'm a little disappointed that DC didn't go more violent with Suicide Squad, but I hope Aquaman, JL and Wonder Woman don't hold back any punches.

This, I'd be fine with something shitting on the new spiderman, but I see two or three threads a day shilling Zack Snyder shit. One guy literally said he "questioned the morality" of people who didn't like man of steel.

W-what about inflation h-haha d-dc btfo

>Disney Infinity shutting down
>Disney figures at an all time low
>Disney clothing merchandise on the decline

Yeah sure, lad.

Yeah I always forget that the rate of inflation briefly jumped from 0.5% to 45% in 2010

DELETE THIS OR ELSE

Every time I watch it, Man of Steel moves higher on my list.

I'm putting it up there at the top right now along side the best Marvel movies.

Spider-Man still makes more money than batman, superman and ww combined. Add avengers and they crush dc. Do you really want to argue which studio makes more money wb or Disney, Disney is going to win everytime

>merchandise sales
>Marvel destroys dc
No.

DC still has its comics and vidya games.

desu, DC is doing fine.

Shut up

They aren't studios really, they belong to studios and have film production departments. If you take everything and I mean everything, I think Marvel wins but it's close. DC is obliterating them in the comic market but that's really small, doesn't make much money, but they also dominate the living fuck out of the videogame market which is bigger than movies right now. Marvel has made a shit ton of movies and a lot of them has been hits, but that's about it

At the moment and only counting current incarnations of DC/Marvel properties...

>Top Tier capeshit
Iron Man
>High Tier capeshit
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice DX
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Man of Steel
Ant-man
>Mid Tier
Suicide Squad
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers Assemble
>Low Tier
The rest of the MCU minus shit tier
>Shit Tier
Thor 2
Iron Man 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron

I just can't see any of the future films topping Iron Man. It cut the perfect tone, was realistic without being campy, and had a gritty atmosphere. Marvel in particular have gone far too "grand" to pull off anything close to it with their established properties, but maybe Doctor Strange will come close? It's difficult to tell at the moment.

I think you and I are on the same level.

DC just seems to be the more creative, more interesting and less safe of the two franchises.

Honestly without the Russo Brothers carrying them I think the Marvel would be btfo.

Neither. They are both shit

>I just can't see any of the future films topping Iron Man
I think the capeshit industry was in a different place back then. They were just transitioning from Nolan-verse style films to more majestic-style films, akin to 90s Batman films but with a bit of a serious tone. Iron Man would be a far different film if it were made just 2 years later.

Why getting triggered DCfan, i thought you liked quality over money.

I think IronMan 1 is just a tiny smidge overrated and I think Iron Man 2 is massively underrated.

Iron Man 3 is an exposed boil on some hobos ass though.

(side note: BvS cinematic cut > BvS U.E.)

>I think IronMan 1 is just a tiny smidge overrated and I think Iron Man 2 is massively underrated.
Eh, IM1 is a great capeshit, but not a great film, if that makes sense. Compared to other capeshit, it's fantastic.

I didn't really jump into watching the MCU until most of it had already come out so I don't have any real idea on how people felt about it when it was starting out, but DC, for the moment, seems to be a directionless mess.
I'm sure that will change over time. Add to that the fact that they have access to way bigger characters, I'm sure DC will make bank, so long as they don't fuck things up too badly.

I guarantee that every single person that has unironically used an emoticon on any forum has sucked a dick.

Its impossible to be more of a faggot.

thats true :)

The part where Gul'dan goes "But I need him... I need all of them" right at the start when talking about using Draenei children to fuel his fel portal was the best line delivered most impactfully all year. Other than that, the film was terrible.

Dubs and trips confrm.

READER THAN REAL LIFE

Neither, Sup Forums

Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Flash)
youtube.com/watch?v=gglkYMGRYlE

Sup Forums humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME

>>free, democratic, open source
Pfft hahahaha.

Its one guy. Hes on Sup Forums as well. All the JUST threads are his too.

>Marvel made only $340 million on AoU, and the total cost of production and overheads (marketing included) was over $750 million. And RDJ gets allegedly a 15% cut of that off the bat.
Does Downey want to kill the MCU or something

Guy, you're only supposed to do accounting-posting in regards to DC stuff. It's more fun that way.

You think that use of " ;) " wasn't ironic?

Are you autistic or can you just not pick up on tone?

He's an MCuck. You decide.

SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BATMAN, SUPERMAN, AND WONDER WOMAN IN ONE MOVIE IN 2016 PERFORMED BETTER THAN THE HULK IN 2008?!?!?

Wow you're so right m8. We should totally compare Iron Man and the Hulk solo adventures at the birth of the capeshit bubble to 2 superhero team up movies at the height of the capeshit bubble. Totally not like MoS and BvS featured the most famous superheroes in the last half century and MCU featured some b-tier whos that nobody gave a shit about. Totally doesn't matter that MoS and BvS had the benefit of having Nolan make the best superhero movie a few years earlier. None of that matters. Batman v Superman did better than Incredible Hulk. DC wins!