youtube.com/watch?v=6DPhFpZW5a8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8b6RPbnAc
youtube.com/watch?v=NgxgRmLmv3g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDmYDMPH6U
youtube.com/watch?v=uxyAOosSdVY
clyp.it/bbrdlq3c
clyp.it/ksse2lmh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

High guys my nuts too high should I take it out and shave it or can I change the intonation on the other end to get the right notes?

Riff challenge continuation

will post some riffs in a sec

Gibson or Fender /gg/?

The last thread was awesome. It looks like there are plenty of decent guitar players on Sup Forums, who typically are lurkers. It seems the most vocal, opinionated, and arrogant poster, I.E crazyfaga, is a gross misrepresentation of the true skill that lurks this board....

As far as solid bodies go I prefer Fender but the 335 is obviously superior to the Starcaster and Coronado. When it comes to dual humbucker guitars and guitars and other guitars suited for high gain playing I actually prefer PRS over Gibson but I'm too poor for either.

Are Jackson die cast locking tuners actually a locking tuner? Just bought a used one that had them and apparently they are normal tuners, and even looking online at headstock shots, just normal ones, not locking

Ya we need to do more of those battle things and have people give constructive feedback. It is interesting to hear everyone's styles and I also enjoy getting different opinions on my playing if it's valid feedback and not just stupid snarky shitposting from someone who doesnt contribute anything.

My first proper amp

All memes considered, Gibson

If there's any tech death bros still around, have a listen to this. The drums are just made up on a drum machine and guitars aren't edited at all. It's just a quick little sample so I can hear what I have so far and figure out where I want to go with it. Idk where to go after the solo at the end. Yes I know the solo is sloppy, I just made it up on the spot and recorded it all in one take without practicing much. Any ideas?

vocaroo.com/i/s0qy0aYM1btj

I also have some more tech death riffs to contribute if anyone wants but none of them are recorded right now.

>inb4 le wanking xd
I wanted to write a more technical song

Squire or epiphone?

This is fucking awesome dude, sick composition. I especially like that part at 1:23
I think it would be cool to bring back the intro riff as a verse after the solo

Jazz or blues?

jfc dude take better care of your fingerboard

This actually sounds pretty good

This is how nitro maple boards go when played frequently. The finish wears off leaving the bare wood exposed.

I prefer it to a glossy maple fingerboard!

Some of Epiphone's hollow and semi-hollows are actually legit good guitars and not budget Gibson. With Squier even if some of their guitars are decent for the price (Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified) they're still budget Fender.

Epiphone's solid bodies are always shit.

thanks a lot guys. I'm not sure I want to go back to the verse after the solo, I'd like to have a middle part with some really heavy riffs and then go back to the verse, or not go back the verse at all and have the 2nd half of the song be totally different than the 1st. Idk. Appreciate the feedback though. Feel free to share some of your ideas too.

>nitro
well there's your fucking problem

Depends on the Gibson for me.

So many of them are just peices of shit, wheras generally any Fender is at the very least an okay guitar. Vintage (like thru to mid 60s) Gibsons are amazing if they don't have any issues, but it's less than a 20% hit rate on decent ones these days.

The one in that pic is absolutely flawless, which is the reason I bought it.

Eh, poly finishes just feel like plastic to me. But to each their own.

It is plastic. you people are retarded.

gibsobs are boring and anyone who swears by them have no taste. at least buy a cool guitar if you are going to spend a lot on one.

Everyone post your guitar in detail
No pics allowed

Should i get a hollowbody?, i want to play krautrock but i also want humbuckers to do stoner, so it seems hollow bodys have the cleans and can also pull thick riffs like queens of the stone age

>i want to play krautrock
and what the fuck is that supposed to mean? you probably aren't german and you sure as fuck don't live in 1960s west germany. what do you even mean by krautrock? i bet you think IDM and post-rock are real genres too

Why so angry, champ? Mom won't let you play your Line6 Spyder at full volume?

How do you know if i'm german?

how i get the gilmour toan?

trade it with me, my nuts too low

Why not both? Oh because youre a fucking poorfag.

>my nuts too low

stop jerking off then

clyp.it/oazvawzd

I'm the guy who wrote the second half, here's a mix with bass and fake drums. I repeated the main parts and came in with a low harmony at the end. And instead of that 11 at the end of the second bar I played a 10 to keep the first half all in Diminished

fuck all you grandpas with your lame guitars. Someone post more tech death.

Thats not a proper amp m8.

How to sound like Samuel Camps?

oh fuck ya that's more like it. That is awesome.

Sounds good. But needs to have heavier rhythm riffs.

holy shit that playing. i'm out. i'm ashamed of having attention whored here for so long. not even commenting on the songwriting itself. bye

squier strat into metalzone into a cheaper-than-line-6-sypder combo amp

boss HM-2
no seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=JVrWPFly90Y

>whenever you want lol the more you practice the goodier you get
>yeah i feel bad for that still, he isnt a bad guy

but like, how important is this skill for a musician, how much of a priority should it be?

could we make a logical progression of what you should absolutely know before going to the next step in theory.

something like:

1)staff basics
2)name of the notes
3)intervals
4)circle of fifths
etc...

it would be interesting to make official mu guides with the collaboration of all and start condensing them into archives

Which one dingus

youtube.com/watch?v=0SG6yDSbtxU
GOAT

Thanks m8

Ya I was thinking that. I play only in E standard. I want to get a 7 string since I hate tuning guitars down.

Hi watt stack single coils slight delay and reverb and compressor.

i think that is a good list of importance plus chord theory

do you mean that in a good or bad way?

Fuck that m8 keep it six string. Learn to make heavy sounds. Its what i like to do. Try some fast muted riffs with a lot of power chords near the nut.

You don't necessarily need to tune down to get heavy. Inverted powerchords will get you there, especially when you have a bass to beef it up

good. its good playing.

what are some of your influences? also what drum program are you using?

that's....surprising

one guy that really knows to use scales and use them melodically all over the fretboard is Michael Schenker. most of the others rely on simple voiced blues boxes.

youtube.com/watch?v=nu_7Pn3ui0E

Lately Gorod, Obscura, Necrophagist, and the newest Job For A Cowboy. The drums are samples my friend recorded himself, I just arrange them in the midi editor

cool thanks man

Ya I can do that. Thanks for the input, I'll try to do it more.
this was downtuned though right? sounds heavy as fuck. C standard? 7+ strings?

Strats have a way of sounding like strats especially if they are both single coil.

I don't think the drum sound lends itself too well to it.

It's all about contrast really. And you can just say fourths instead of "inverted power chords" really.
I've heard one of the tricks is to have the bass play the fifth below instead of the octave below so that it basically makes "a huge power chord" but I haven't tried to see if that is true.

But yeah fourths are great.
youtube.com/watch?v=6DPhFpZW5a8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8b6RPbnAc

>downtuned though right?
D standard

distortion pedals sound like distortion pedals. and it's just a different form of cheap than multifxs

/gg/ does need more metal indeed. I have been listening to Obsura a lot lately, a shame that Tom Geldschläger left, really liked his playing on Akroasis.

Oh ok cool. Were you the guy who replied to me with Disavow your God and Anticosmic Overload as warm up songs yesterday?

strats are a fucking meme look at that thin sound
fuck strats and sgs, everybody should play 3pup teles and les pauls

>youtube.com/watch?v=6DPhFpZW5a8

This honestly never fails to get me to headbang. It was nuts when I went to see them live and they played this.

>3pup teles

jesus fucking christ

>you can just say fourths instead of "inverted power chords" really.
Technically the bass defines it. If it's playing the lower note it's a fourth, if it's playing the higher note it's an inverted powerchord
Yup

yes, to get the inbetween tones without having to deal with such disgusting like a strat

Someone recap what the good Sammy did to get Crazyaga banned please?

its not fourths, its a fifth below
calling it a fourth would change the root note and make it a different chord

From that pic it looks like they aren't, although they may have just wrapped the strings to make it look neater for the photo.

I'm trying to figure out what the guitarist plays after this part in the intro. He lifts his ring finger up and down.

youtube.com/watch?v=NgxgRmLmv3g

And can someone tab the chorus as well?

crazyaga didnt deserve it

>Inverted powerchords
could you provide some example of artists who use this as their trademark sound?

asking on the wrong place amigo

Free Crazyaga!

Samuel Campos

the smoke n the water fisrfr

It's all played with high gain using the trademark sweep-chugging technique:
Low G string 0000-1111-0011-01010
Low A string 7888-7878-7788-7778

Sylosis does it a lot, they play in E standard

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDmYDMPH6U
Right in the intro here, and then at 2:14

What happened?

are you on a cover band of them or something

i am sorry crazyaga

he was mocked out after a duel with samuel campos and after that he got banned

No, i'm just a bedroom guitarist Pinbackfag who likes their songs.

>he dreams of sucking Rob Crow's dick
LOL

Ya these guys do that a lot. Theyre really underrated imo

>A Duel
Explain with a little more detail?

I already have one of the pedals he uses. I'm on my way...

someone posted a backing track for the two to improvise over

CRAZYAGA DID NOTHING WRONG!

And how exactly did that lead to him getting banned?
Also I'd love to listen to that jam, are there any links?

dont know how it relates to the ban part tho
search for youtube on the previous thread and you shall find the bt

I reported him because he was whining on and on about off topic shit and his playing is atrocious. Once he was banned he got a bunch of kiddies from b to post dicks in gg

>Tom Geldschläger
That dude is insane. Probably the most interesting lead player in metal. He seems to do better in a structured band format though, his solo project doesn't really click with me

youtube.com/watch?v=uxyAOosSdVY

found it clyp.it/bbrdlq3c clyp.it/ksse2lmh

impressive