Ask someone who works at a pawn shop anything

Ask someone who works at a pawn shop anything

No.

If you ever need a loan don't come cryin to me

guess no one likes these threads anymore huh?

why would anyone need a loan from a pawn shop

Where do you work?

how accurate/realistic are shows like pawn stars, hardcore pawn, etc.?

Drugs

with EZCorp
Probably for drugs honestly.
They're grossly exaggerated, but as someone who works in the "ghetto" we do see quite a few crazies, druggies, and overall stupid people. They can be very wacky, but I haven't experienced too many "kick outs".

How often do you get rolex?

do you work for filth ugly kikes like the ones in your pic op?

Eh I think everyone working there is pretty average, except one dude who happens to be grossly overweight.
Most of us who work there are surprisingly fit. It's a lot of movement and heavy lifting.
Not very often. A lot more fake ones than real ones.

how does it feel to serve trailer trash drug addicts all day?

Its nice. Full hours, health coverage, and $14 an hour to do an easy job. I don't care who comes in and out, as long as I'm getting my shit.
Also, I'm not serving them. They need us more than we need them, and we don't have to put on that fake retail personality, so it's pretty chill.

Do you ever know what's gonna fome through that door

Do you have battletoads?

You don't know what a kike is, do you?

Do you wipe the hard drives on laptops people sell?

Mostly jewelry, laptops, cellphones, and video game consoles.
People also try to do Jordans, but we don't take those at our store.

Oh I was mostly focusing on the "ugly" part, guess I wasn't paying attention.
Maybe.
We try to whenever we can, but we don't usually do it on day 1 of the loan drop. We just do it whenever we have time.

Ever find any good wins in the hard drives of computers people pawn?

How do you feel about being a Christ killer?

How much would a decent Windows 7 laptop cost from a pawn shop?

Jews would overlook things just for a penny

Cool
The decent ones at our store are about $400 with wiped hard drives, the most expensive one we have is a $900 gaming laptop.
Nah, mostly just ugly selfies. It's all in the cell phones. Can't tell you how many dick picks I've had to delete.

What's the most expensive thing you guys have paid out for
I.e customer brings something super valuable
You guys loaned/bought it

Ever gotten held up?

Thank you for the replies, interesting thread.

Not while I've worked there. We've only gotten threats and angry customers knocking our shit over, which is always hilarious.
Most expensive was a jewelry set, 24k stuff. I'm pretty sure we loaned out about 3k or so, but I wasn't the one who did the loan. We're selling the set now for about 7k all together.

How are the prices on guns, compared to what gun stores charge for a used gun?

What is the coolest gun anyone has pawned?

I saw those dudes at the airport once. They are the Jerry Springer of pawn. Ashley Broad is a bitch but I think half of it is for the camera. Makes Detroit look worse. Also, I know people who were going to be on the show. They are paid to have a shitfit. It's all fake.

We actually don't take guns at our particular shop because of the area where we are located, so I can't answer that one sorry. But from my experience in pricing, pawn shop guns are probably cheaper than gun stores.
No duh.

Think we lost op.

Do you have battletoads?

I'm right here user

do you have battletoads?
/thread

see

I work at a pawn shop that holds FFL, they're generally priced to move in my store, we try to have the best deal out there so we can turn our guns quickly, but not so low that we give them away.

We have a guy that regularly pawns his Barrett .50 Cal and his Deagle. Another of my regular customers that has class 3 brought in a legit fully auto custom engraved and absolutely gorgeous Thompson to show us not too long ago. It was a thing of beauty.

Because we're a pawn shop we usually get a lot of old and niche stuff so sometimes it's hard to move, but I've heard we have just about the best selection of revolvers out of all the gun shops in the area, which is nice. Apparently the gun stores around here just stopped carrying them for some reason...

Well I work an 8am to 9pm tomorrow, so OP is out. Thanks for keeping me entertained guys.

does everything have a story and a price?

kappaccino

Based on your clientelle, which race of people is the most pathetic?

Indians, the ones we had at our shop have brought in a bunch of fake rolex.