New National single

This is a frustratingly good song. I wanted to dislike it cause of the score at RYM but fuck, it's really, really good. Radiohead comparisons are absolutely legit. Prime Radiohead mind you.

t. Pitchfork

>being this autistic

Fuck off

>I wanted to dislike it cause of the score at RYM but fuck
holy fucking shit dude

>prime Radiohead mind you.

>doesn't recognize copypasta

>is a faggot

How has this not leaked yet? So many publications have it and I've even seen randos on reddit with it. Supposedly it's heavily watermarked though

You talking about Guilty Party or did they drop another new one?

Guilty Party

The lyrics suck but the music is very good (I've always thought Matt's lyrics were a bit cringy despite them being one of my favorite bands)

The national sucks

>I wanted to dislike it cause of the score

Kek is this a meme now

They played most songs live
Walk It Back is incredible

"no"

"yes"

I really like the song, it came up on one of my playlists and I had never heard of the band (I was without music for about 7 years). Thought I found a gem of a band, unfortunately the rest of their stuff isn't as good.

It's kind of overproduced in the fact that it is pretty formulaic, the music factory producers have hit-making catchy beats down to a science and it's easy to tell that this is a paint-by-numbers single and your brain is being manipulated into liking it.

But I actually thought that no one really fucked around with the guitar solo anymore. This solo got stuck in my head for a few days after hearing it.

It's good OP, I like it. Since I've been back to listening to music and I'm trying to find what I like I got to admit that I really like really catchy hooks and a good guitar solo. It's fucking hard to find new music.

Any suggestions Sup Forums?

I mean, The National are far from a paint-by-numbers band, their main appeal is nuance which is why a lot of people find their whole slow-progressive-arc thing boring. There's a lot to unpack there if you're into what they generally do (melodically focused melancholy songs for guys who are a little sad and drink wine) and they're really good at it, but yeah if you're looking for guitar hooks then they're not really gonna be your cup of tea. "System Only Sleeps" is really their only song like that.

Yeah I don't really mean they're a paint-by-numbers band. the song is just made to be a single is all. It's a departure from the rest of their stuff, it's got a record company producer written all over it.

Gotcha, gotcha. Well whenever you're in a similar mood as the music, I do recommend giving either Boxer or High Violet a full proper listen, there's a lot more to them than at a glance.

Yeah it's probably a mood thing, I don't think they're terrible by any means, they got some good songs that I heard just from briefly visiting them.

They're on my spotify list, I'll give them a listen when I get some free time.