China Advances Film Industry Law, Cracks Down on "Western Values"

>China's top legislature on Monday reviewed a draft of the country's long-awaited first film law. Once passed, the new legal framework will have wide-ranging implications for China's domestic film industry and the Hollywood studios that do business in the country.

>China's box office is expected to surpass North America's within the next three years. This week's review process at the National People's Congress Standing Committee, which runs from Monday to Saturday, provides a sneak peek of the new rulebook likely to govern the world's soon-to-be-largest movie market.

>Among the proposed guidelines made public Monday by state-run news agency Xinhua was a rule requiring distributors to ensure that local Chinese films make up at least two-thirds of total run time on Chinese screens. China already limits revenue-sharing foreign film imports to just 34 titles per year under a trade agreement with the United States. That deal is set to expire at the end of 2016, and the additional limit would seem to ensure that Chinese movies dominate market share regardless of whether the quota is lifted, relaxed or renewed.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-advances-film-industry-law-924201

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/huayi-brothers-media-corporation-joe-and-anthony-russo-china-captain-america-winter-soldier-the-avengers-1201810128/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good for them

I hope they learn from our mistakes and never let the jews in

HELP US TRUMP

I hope you learn history that doesn't come from the internet before making another Sup Forums shitpost

The chinese are worse than the jews.

This.

Chinese are like Jews without any souls, and Jews already don't have any souls.

All other asians consider the chinese to be their 'jews'.

Oh phew, I thought they were passing anti-piracy laws for a second.

stay based china

>our movies unsuccessful!
>stupid westerners and their movies!
>we no let them in anymore that fix problem
Ouch. Poor Chinese film industry.

Jews have compassion, only for their own kind, but it's still compassion, slants see a slant child getting choked and they ignore it

Lol because we all know the fucking WASPS run Hollywood

They have some horrible fucking habits but at least they're not obsessed with running every country full of millions of blacks and Arabs

I'm glad. If Western values have lead us to the situation we're in now, then fuck Western values.

We need ROTK movies.

Uhhh they're commies i.e jewish puppets

>they're commies
It's not the 1960s anymore.

Brainwashed Mcfatty.

China hasn't been communist in 30 years

And no I have no idea why they still keep the word "communist" plastered on everything when Deng repealed all of Mao's garbage

It's a dignity thing, the party's supposed to be infallible.

>requiring distributors to ensure that local Chinese films make up at least two-thirds of total run

> should we make better movies to compete with imports?
> no, we should make laws

China's becoming Canada

but Canada is China 2.0

*gives billions to israel*

Blockbusters aren't a thing because they're "better"

They're a thing because they corrosively impact base impulses of common minds

And any given society is going to have a lot of common minds so it's somebody's job to shepherd them from that poison or else why not just fuck babies in the street

Disney BTFO

>implying disney just won't open a chinese wing

So when exactly did libertarians go the way of the dodo on Sup Forums?

In ten years, the US film industry will be to Chinese cinema as Japan is to western cinema right now. We're mostly going to get Chinese film exports and once in a while, someone in Hollywood will make a couple movies.

>The chinese are worse than the jews.

China controls the media in the US, Wall Street, and major tech companies and uses that influence to weaken the US from within by promoting degeneracy, mass immigration, and endless conflicts / wars around the world?

after ron paul lost. They then radicalized and spawned the abhorrent alt-right movment we have today

When we realized that "live and let live" is a policy practiced by no one, an ideology that DOESN'T try to impose itself is doomed

That's why Muslims outnumber Zoroastrians

Not just film bro, everything. The american empire is waning and the chinese are rising.

We're fucked once they go imperial

Finally the time for cross-culture actors to shine has come

Seems to me that Sup Forums for ad free thinking as they perceive themselves to be always put cult of personality ahead of ideology. That's why when both Paul's failed Trump easily took their place.

Based china

>produce export isn't hepatitis-riddled due to fertilizing with human waste
>street food vendors don't use cooking oil derived from the decaying fats of actual human sewage
>culture is not one of "fuck over everyone as hard as you can for personal gain"
>don't shit in the streets
>don't eat your pets
>don't live in perpetual smog
>haven't raped our environment into oblivion
>don't have teeny yerrow peenies
>get compared to China anyway

We elect the cuck prince and give amerifats some actual banter fuel, and you choose this?

OY VEY
how do they dare to defend their own culture?
RACIST PIGS YOU HAVE TO SHOW NIGGERS IN MOVIES YOU COMMIES

Who is this Sup Forums and why do you refer to them as "they"?

Hollywood should ban Chinese movies and offer clemency to arrested copyright violators if they work on pirating Chinese releases and finding ways to make them available to their firewall.

Yup, the funny thing is Sup Forums has always acted like it's above that (what with being user and all)

I think a lot of libertarians have changed their opinion after it became apparent that they wouldn't necessary be winners in the brave new world of global capitalism. They're probably fascists now posting about muh white race and how foreigners are a threat to modernity.

Do you even know any Chinese?

You know how the Japanese did all that shit to them?
Because they're neighbors, dude, because they know ALOT of Chinese motherfuckers.

>i believe the things i do because life is a zero sum game about being on a 'winning' side
That's a shallow way of thinking. I think libertarians are better off without such people in their ranks.

Because once they started hanging out with reddit, they too became a caricature

As long as they're upping the minimum Chinese films to be screened, it means they'll be propping up the capeshit, etc. we export less and less. Good.

The aggregate of people who browse here. I'm not super involved or make browsing this place part of my personality so I'm speaking with dispassionate observation.

No, you think libertarians are better off with no people in their ranks.

Libertarianism itself is a consequence of an age of comfort and prosperity that is rapidly coming to an end.

But by that definition you are part of "they". Right?

XD

Are we witnessing the the birth of neo second wave chink kino?

In a sense yes. But like I said I don't consider myself so wrapped up in this place to think it above obvious critique.

Does this webm reflect the "Eastern values"?

>Yellow is the warmest color

SAUCE PLS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAUCE

No. Homosexuality is frowned upon.

Also there needs to be more crying and screaming

>there needs to be more crying and screaming
Someone else can't tell China from Japan

Everyone criticizes this place. If anything I would think someone "doesn't belong here" if he has only good things to say about Sup Forums.

As for the not defining yourself as part of Sup Forums for your personality. I can only assume that there is very little to your life if that even is a threat.

wtf i love the decline of the west now

same shit tbch

now thats what I call kino

I-I love Sup Forums and have nothing bad to say about it. Why don't I belong?

Because everyone else here at least hates the place a little.

fucking sadists

France has a similar kind of deal for music, television and movies. Produces all kinds of tepid garbage, and people working in those domains are pretty much state employees with a minimum ensured wage
shit on television that pulls the highest numbers of viewers are the football NT's matches and american series

maybe the 1% of chinese production will be good, but probably not

YES!!!!
Bless the Chinese Jewlywood BTFO
No more chinkbuxs to prop up shitty movies
Kino will shortly be free

So the truth is now offensive and Sup Forums

We did it reddit!

What the fuck are they doing?

>people working in those domains are pretty much state employees
Not really, they're also profitable.
They produce a lot of shit movies, but they're part of one the last industry of France that won't disappear, unless they bend over to the americans

Something you'll never do in your entire life.

>once they go imperial

What do you think the invasion of Tibet was? And honestly, we're fine. Even in the best case scenario for China (if they somehow handle their demographic time bomb and sidestep a growing middle class that demands more freedom), they would end up as "first among equals", kind of like Britain was in the early 1900s, not the sole dominant power the way the US has been since the 1990s.

Based china. I wish they would come save us from capeshit.

This.
Sup Forumstards ruining Sup Forums needs to be stopped. There should be some kind of account system, so you would know who is from Sup Forums and ban them.

Sup Forums culture is the main culture on this goddamn website
go fap to feet and little girls you c.uck

>Sup Forums culture is the main culture
It wasn't until recently that drumpf supporters flooded the site, it doesn't help that a bunch of stormweenies came too.

This website is for ages 18 and older, kiddo.

>>Among the proposed guidelines made public Monday by state-run news agency Xinhua was a rule requiring distributors to ensure that local Chinese films make up at least two-thirds of total run time on Chinese screens. China already limits revenue-sharing foreign film imports to just 34 titles per year under a trade agreement with the United States. That deal is set to expire at the end of 2016, and the additional limit would seem to ensure that Chinese movies dominate market share regardless of whether the quota is lifted, relaxed or renewed.
Very good.
this cap is what saved the korean film industry.

Europe must do the same

((()))

India doesn't have any such restrictions still Hollywood isn't big here.

It's big, not huge. Most of the demographic pirates movies.

Calling me a Jewish because you can't deal with how things are only proves my point. Your kind has no place in today's world. Besides no one but the neo-nazis at Sup Forums would take being called a Jewish an offense.

Who could be behind this post?

>No 'defiling the classics'
Wait is China cracking down on remakes?

A reminder that "stormweenie" is the jidf equivalent to shitlord.

This poster right here with his anti-Sup Forums, pro-censorship to save muh hurt feelins, is a jidf shitbag.

>this cap is what saved the korean film industry.

Really? Do we owe all those Korean thrillers to a similar law?

No, they probably mean Chinese literature classics.

Good. Maybe that means Hollywood will start making films for western audiences again.

>at least they're not obsessed with running every country full of millions of blacks and Arabs
Just wait until their African colonization is complete

Isn't that Korean though?

BLACKED kino here we come!

>Good. Maybe that means Hollywood will start making films for western audiences again.

OK, I don't see how you can read the OP and yesterday's Warcraft news and reach that conclusion. It's basically foreseeing the complete opposite: Hollywood will have to make films for Chinese audiences, maybe form partnerships with Chinese production teams like the Russo Brothers are doing.

deadline.com/2016/08/huayi-brothers-media-corporation-joe-and-anthony-russo-china-captain-america-winter-soldier-the-avengers-1201810128/

>muh jidf
>muh conspiracies
You are not stupid enough to actually believe in the JIDF are you? Or that the 'Jewish producers' are making propaganda movies in Hollywood? Surely it's the Jews fault that you still live in your parent's basement. It's their fault that no women would look at you neckbeards, and would rather date with a successful black man, than you failures. This just proves that anyone from Sup Forums is incapable of reason and just blames all their problems on >muh jews.

yeah it is an old law already
I think they do the same for music

>Reddit gets stumped and can't reply

Still waiting for some libfag to argue this

Oh goody.

I miss those '80's movies where they portrayed niggers as actual crime committing, street lowlifes they are.

SJWs and Niggers are about to get BTFO by Chinese Cash Money.

>Europe must do the same
>2/3 movies in cinemas are now lgbt, muslim and leftists propaganda

Finally Europe is saved!

How would you get any pleasure out of that? No insertion, just rubbing two orifices. Lesbianism doesn't make any sense. Although it is kind of hot.

>I miss those '80's movies where they portrayed niggers as actual crime committing, street lowlifes they are.

I wanna see more Bruce Lee/Jackie Chans kicking the shit out of afro wearing, jive talking niggers.

If every country in the world did this we could have a new golden age of cinema + 100% less degeneracy.

>yesterday's Warcraft news
Which news?
Are getting a sequel?

Do you not get pleasure rubbing your dick?

>Sup Forumstards ruining Sup Forums needs to be stopped. There should be some kind of account system, so you would know who is from Sup Forums and ban them.

I think you'll fit in Reddit quite well. Have one upvote.