ITT:Bands ruined by the singer's voice

ITT:Bands ruined by the singer's voice

Not even memeing.

What do you want his voice to sound like? I'd rather have a unique voice than a "traditional" singer. Who wants to hear some dumbass Frank Sinatra?

Eternity Forever

You get used to it over time, the guitar is good enough, like with ttng (except new vocalist is terrible)

When I started listening to Swans, the first two albums I listened to were To Be Kind and Greed. Gira's voice is so different, I assumed the Greed vocalist left or died and someone else stepped in for To Be Kind.

Both voices are good though.

Dude looks like an alien

Actually I really DO want to hear traditional vocals in indie music now. Give me something like Scott Walker with guitars, old or new era. The soft falsetto whine thing is so overplayed I honestly find it repulsive, especially when it's some white twink trying to sound "soulful."

I disagree

Do you like Neil Young?

>implying Doug Martsch is indie, whiny, a falsetto, a twink
Hmmm...

I hope you have fun with you big strong men singing you lullabies, buddy.

im now imaging frank sinatra over BTS songs thanks alot

Me in the back

His voice has that whiny Emoish vibe to it I love it tho. But yeah he's definitely not falsetto or a twink

you got your father john misty shit already, let us have our swooning emo shit

He is indie, whiny, and sings falsetto. Not a twink though, pretty much just a dadguy from day 1.

>I hope you have fun with you big strong men singing you lullabies, buddy.
What, you don't fall asleep to Scott 3? Missing out brohab.

he is the absolute GOAT guitarist though, so it cancels out.

>indie
One indie album which was made under a major label.
>whiny
No. Built to Spill is the opposite of whiny. Although there's nothing wrong with this when used right ie Phil Elverum.
>falsetto

it's incredible how wrong this post is

˙͜>˙

Can't stand his voice. I never got the appeal.

Not him, but I don't see the comparison.

These faggots right here.

Wew!!!!
Where to start.
>Most indie bands

especially Everything Everything.

I agree

fpbp

Bad Religion
Smashing Pumpkins

Brann is pretty good
Troy is decent
Brent should be nowhere near a microphone

the first thing about Zeppelin to get stale

fuck you he shined in e&i

It's literally the best thing about BTS

fpwp

terrible opinion

>I literally have no idea what a falsetto is

was about to post this, and i love radiohead.

This and Flaming Lips

It depends, I like Plant's vocals when he's actually singing and not doing his shrill yelling thing

He sounds like Neil Young. What's the problem?

It's incredible what an opinion is.

Nobody sounds like Neil Young

Got to be Pink Floyd. Syd singing I like, but that's only a handful of songs. Gilmour I can tolerate sometimes but neither him or Waters do anything for me as singers.

Eh, as someone who listens to a lot of Neil Young, Lucero, Dropkick Murphys, and Drive-By Truckers, I'd say "different" voices are my fetish.

Literally all rock subgenres that have a vocalist.

Re-listen to A Horse with No Name.

damn...

only casuals would think that sounds like Uncle Neil

I stand corrected

Rush

I'm a big Neil fan and even I have to admit it's a pretty solid soundalike. It's not perfect, but it's impressive.

Gorillaz :^)

Yep

Joanna Newsom
Bjork
Death Grips

jeremy's voice makes touche soz senpai
also be nice to jeremy, he's lovely

>Joanna Newsom

I listened to her for the first time the other day and the "her voice is the only sucky part" meme is a little harsh, I think. Like there's definitely something jarring and not all the way amazing about her singing, but it's kind of interesting. It'd be less weird to people if a dude did the same thing. It reminds me of the Bee Gees' Odessa.

guerilla toss

Rush

>ctrl+f Health

I think there's about 2 songs in their entire discog which are actually improved by his whimpering, and both were on their first album.

His voice is the reason I listen to BTS

rebelution.

too fucking nasally.

This And Phil Everlum

Is that kid like Indian or something. It just reminds me of some rich Indian kid. I HATE it

>Pet shop boys
With his disgusting nasal vocals, im even confused because he is probably pretenden it. God.
>Depeche Mode
vocals are just meh not good in the later albums
>Megadeath
"piss zeel uggghhff bat hugws baiiiing XD"

anyone who looks up at the ceiling for band photos is guaranteed to suck

Flaming Lips 100%. I can't imagine how they even got popular with vocals like that

If Brann sang the majority of the lead vocals they would sound much, much better.

I loved a few of their albums and own that concert dvd they did...Coyne is such a piece of shit singer. Steven Drozd is a much better singer.

These fucks

so many.

>anime poster
Opinion discarded.

lol wonder who else you think is bad

Dave Mustaines vocals are ronnie james dio tier. Dont talk shit about ronnie james dio pleb.

Has anyone posted this yet?

i mean, actually imagine how that would sound with conventional vocals...

they would be a completely middling post-rock band that no one hyped up for "le metalhead cred XD" without that fucking atrocious half-assed growling that they think passes for black metal vocals.

The lead vocalist makes a band, so technically it can't be ruined by him/her. Any other member is easily replaceable.

Tiger jaws

queen

Doug is awesome, fuck you bitch

>not liking Kurt Travis
Are you gay?

Not even joking, she should just be a a pretty face for the band while someone else sings

I completely agree. She sounds like an awful girlfriend yelling at me.

Styx and Journey. At least the former have some songs without Dennis DeYoung on lead vocals.

Grimes

Megadeth

with any other band 100% but nah it works pretty well with Touche even when he sings in a normal deep voice its alright.

This could be great Post-rock fused with Metal if they removed the vocals.
Russian Circles make similar stuff but their instrumentation isn't quite as good.

fpbp

>Literally all modern metal
Like holy fuck we get it you're fucking angry and shit but what are you saying???

:^)

I absolutely love his vocals in their early work

>shrill yelling
You mean the panty drop howl

the perfect thread for this album

Huh? It has nonsense lyrics, but singing is completely fine.

Kyuss

Holy shit I had no idea other people thought this too

awful taste my friend

Anything post-Master of Puppets where he does anything but thrash metal yelling