Medical fag here AMA...

Medical fag here AMA. I have to work the night shift tomorrow night so I'm trying to stay up for a few more hours to prepare. I can give advice or just answer any general questions. Guaranteed to not let you die during the duration of the thread or you get your money back.

What's the grossest case you've had?

Hey Ive been having trouble keeping track of my thoughts for a while, you get that? Sometimes a minute or two passes without me rememberin thinking about anything or doing anything a few days ago I was in a tub for what felt like 20 minutes but was actually 9 hours. I wasnt sleeping, I was sitting upright just asking. Don't want to lose my thoughts while I'm driving or something help?

30 something year old guy got dragged in by his mom because he was "frequently losing consciousness" and they had no clue why it was happening. I'll post details in a second because I think this is close to death.

How old are you? And has this just started recently?

I am 29 and I remember this happened when I was at the park at 26 a woman asked if I was ok. I was standing in spot since she got there ~20 minutes ago

bump

details?

I try not to berate my patients, but this guy must have been the king of NEETs. Long unruly hair, over sized clothes stained beyond recognition. His odor was so repulsive that I had talking to him. I felt like I was drowning and the only way I'd survive was by breathing very carefully. I've seen worst firsthand, but any case that is too bad gets passed on.

Have you had any head trauma that you can remember? 29 seems too young for your brain to be "naturally" degrading.

Posted them a little above. I'm pretty sure this guy hadn't showered in god knows how long. I'm usually fine, but people who don't even care enough to take care of themselves are just awful.

Some fag in another thread said a doctor made his little sister take off her clothes and walk around naked. Was it pedophilia or not?

my grandfather hit me overy the head with an old shovel when I was a kid. Thing had holes in it so rusty. Right on my left eye there was a hole in the skin, thing took Months to heal over, hard to work on my ma's car with blood in my eyes, other than that I've been pretty safe. Thanks for your intrest doctor I haven't seen one of you kind since I was 10.

Depends on the circumstances, but he probably had a reasoning for it. If he just told her to take them off and walk around naked, it sounds sketchy. There are a lot of reasons to have them undress (not uncommon here) and having them walk around is usually to make sure they are functioning normal. Walking around in less than underwear is weird though, at least to me.

You might want to go in and get checked. Unless you have had issues earlier on, I don't think that incident would be related. If this has all just occurred in recent years, it could become worse. Hell, it seems like your current symptoms could put you in danger if you were ever in the wrong place.

Bump.

what the fuck
why did he hit you with a shovel

I have a chalazion in my eye. Should I get the surgery or wait for it to reabsorb

Can I just slice off a skin tag as long as the knife is clean? And why do non fatties like me even get them?

You can press a warm wash cloth against the area several times a day to help it drain. Surgery usually isn't necessary unless it persist.

Where is it at on your body? Fat people only get them more because they have more folds of skin rubbing against each other. I wouldn't advise you to cut it off at home unless you want to get a scar.

How can I cure Sup Forums of the newfaggotry?

Stop the epidemic of single mothers and the flood of kids raised by single mothers will cease.

I've got 2 on each arm pit. They are pretty small right now but I don't want them to get any bigger. They're gross. Like I said I'm not a fatty but have them. If I can't cut them how should I do it?

The most effective way would be going in to get them treated. You can try methods you find online, but you should probably guarantee their authenticity first.

Bump once more.

What's to Authenticate? They're fleshy bumps of skin. Can skin tags be cancerous or something? What's the major risks here?

So, long story short I had an infection on my armpit, had a pus bubble and all, got it drained and packed. But am supposed to get it unpacked two days later, the day after I got it packed (which is today), the bandage is bloody and yellow(pus?). The doctor didn't tell me to change it, but I'm thinking I should. Wait til tomorrow or change it? If I change it, will it mess with the packing?

I meant authenticate the removal method. There are methods that you can do at home, but I haven't personally seen them in active. Just don't let somebody scam you with their product.

Gotcha. Thanks.

>Thanks for your intrest doctor I haven't seen one of you kind since I was 10
>since I was 10

Can't imagine how it must suck being American sometimes.
I love the country, but wtf is up with this kind of shit, ffs?

Did he tell you what it was or just that it was an infection? It sounds like an abscess to me. I dealt with one of those last night, but it was on the kid's groin. If he didn't tell you what it was, was it painful to touch?

>Depends on the circumstances, but he probably had a reasoning for it. If he just told her to take them off and walk around naked, it sounds sketchy. There are a lot of reasons to have them undress (not uncommon here) and having them walk around is usually to make sure they are functioning normal. Walking around in less than underwear is weird though, at least to me.
>There are a lot of reasons to have them undress...and having them walk around is usually to make sure they are functioning normal.
KEK
You know how I know you're not a fucking doctor?
pack it in and fuck off, buddy.

I assumed he was non american. We can't deny a visit where I work but you'll get billed for it. I'd like to think people put their health before money, but who knows anymore.

Not really. The nudity thing isn't uncommon, but walking is a part of a neurological exam. That is why I said it was strange that she was naked. There are other instances where doctors would want to see them walk, but you didn't give me many details.

It was sensitive, not painful. The doctor just told me to come in two days later to get it unpacked, so he probably knew it was going to bleed and stuff, right?

What type of doc are you?
Also, cant wait to be in your shoes, posting on here included.

Hey medifag
Argentinean student here

Can you tell me what signatures did you have in your first year?
Also can you send me some link with PDF books and useful shit?

That isn't standard procedure here. When you get an abscess drained, it'll continue to drain over the next few days. You need to keep the bandaging clean and apply pic related to it. Its possible that it continued leaking more than he anticipated. How big was the infected area before he drained it?

My bad, forgot the pic.

probably 1.5 inches maybe less.

I work in an emergency room. We have three levels here, starting with the triage nurses. You start with them, and they'll do a quick examination of you before sending you on to me. ER Doctors do mundane shit most of the time. We handle walk ins. If anything required major surgery (such as if the patients life is in trouble) they go to a trauma surgeon. They are the ones that get all the action.

Nice get. What are you asking exactly? If you are asking for books about getting into the medical field, I'll give you a hint - college is shitty and you shouldn't bother doing more than required. You're required to pass a slew of courses that aren't actually useful in your field. Its mainly to keep out any weak willed individuals so just keep your head up.

You can try cleaning it yourself. Try getting help if you can so the new bandaging is secure. Its not sanitary to keep that gauze on. In my experience, post drainage care is almost always at home.

Another bump. I hope none of you have died yet.

Yes I'm looking for some start books

I have in the first year
Medical mathematics
Bio physics
Biology
Medical text
And medical English

I'm really bad at bio physics and I need all the possible help with that

How do you get oak mite bites to stop itching?

Oh. What field are you going into? And are you struggling at an introductory level or with any specific topic?

Generally this will do the trick. Just look for a brand advertising that it helps with bug bites.

Do you fell your head bouncing somtimes ?

I've had migraines that were worsened by movement/exposure to light.

I pulled my hip flexor last year and eventually it healed but for some reason occasionally it comes back why does this happen and what should I do?

I'm probably gonna be a cardiologist, or a dermatologist

I think I'm having trouble with the introductory level of physics but I'm not the only one

In the first exam of that signature only 3 passed

You should try exercising the area to prevent any future damage. It sounds like you are straining it, but luckily not to the point of any serious injury yet.

Cardiology would be a smart move in the US. Your current book should cover everything on the test. Most people around you won't end up passing at all, so don't freak too much about not many people passing the first exam.

But I'm in Argentina and here the medicals fags doesn't get paid sometimes (public health)

And I wish I could go to USA to get a job and living there but trump hate latinos and probably just get kicked out

And also I don't know anyone from there , would suck dicks only for a bed and food

Im starting college in september and want to be a medfag too. Got any advice for how to build my chance of admission?

You'd have an easier time getting in if you were trained, though. What made you decide to go into cardiology dermatology?

Admission into another college? Just be a good student. Volunteering looks good on your application as well.

Dermatologist is for this shit I have in my neck
Too autistic to ask for help because I have got that years ago and probably the doctor will say " why you hasn't come before? "

And cardiologist because my mother have arrhythmia

Sounds nice. Doctors are usually understanding so you should go in if it concerns you. They care about getting you the help you need. That is why they became doctors.

Its late so I'm going to head off for now. I hope you guys got what you were looking for. Goodnight!