>he is pretty chill so I haven't moved out
>depressed and shit no idea why
>dad passes away a couple days ago
>haven't gone into his room at all
>he was my only family member really
>I don't know what to do boys
>haven't been to work since it happened
>no friends he was the only one

I was depressed before this and now this has just thrown me down into a pit of self hate.

anyone been through something similar and wanna share some tips of how they got out of it if they did.

You want my advice?

Yeah I could go for some advice

Fuck your father for old times sake. Will cure depression when u leave the nuts hanging once more

Yeah I don't know how that possible but thanks for the advise friend.

People pass. I have been there. I have lost a loved one and there is this ever longing sense of hope that they arnt really gone and it lock you in this state of self pitty and hate. It will ear you inside and out if you let it. So here's what you do. Accept it. As harsh as that sounds it's the only way. Go outside even if things suck and do something. Buy yourself something nice. Get you some food. Take care of yourself. That's what your dad would have wanted. That's what you should want. To rejoice his memory rather than ask yourself why. Love yourself for your flaws. Don't fight the feeling. Let him go.

wow that's actually some pretty solid advice thanks I guess just seeing someone else say it made it make a bit more sense but the least I can do is try for his sake right?

/thread

But, don't entirely let him go. Always keep his memory close, and know he loved you like every father loves their kid and more. That... That sounds nasty but you get the point. Let him go, but hold onto his memory forever. Never forget even one thing you did with him.

Man things will get better. Take up a hobby. I like to write. Fuck do something destructive. After my friend Isaac passed I climbed a water tower and spray painted his favorite line from a poem I wrote for his 23 birthday. Live in the moment cause all you're really promised is right now.

My dad died when I was your age OP. I spiraled me into severe depression, and it almost ruined my life. Get some therapy and find something productive you can sink your time into. Hang in there.

Hey OP,

When I get into that rut I typically write. I find that it helps solidify memories. Maybe that could help you to come to terms with everything going on.

I wish you the best Sup Forumsrother.

Thanks for trying to help guys it means more then you think.

you and he where both animals, animals pass, you are no better. he was no better except what you are and take his death. take his death and heritage to live your live for the only one who matters. YOU! you'll only leave this world with your subjective experiences. he only lived his live with his own. ps make sure to have children to pass on his and your experiences.

Mama today I saw a thread with nice posts

/thread

i dont want this thread too die like your dad

Not sure if cool or some snowflake shit

Nah fuck that special snowflake garbage. We are all made up of the same shit. I did it because it felt right not to stand out from people.

Yeah all you did was give someone a job to scrub that shit off

But grief makes us irrational

Took them five years to see it though. They just painted over it like 3 months ago. The water tower is right by the graveyard so I saw it when I was visiting him. Not gonna lie I knew it'd happen someday but I really wasn't ready. It was like o tied that last piece to that fucking poem. But it's okay, the world doesn't stop for any man.

Losing your dad is obviously hard, more so if you had a good relationship with him. My advice, move on and cherish his memory; but don't get attached to all his objects. My mother did this and it ruined her.

Good luck user, life is an asshole but when it comes to trauma; you'll be stronger on the other side.

my dad died to a horrible disease and my mom went crazy afterwards, i suffered from serious depression many years. fucked up my life real good. now everything is back on track, the secret is: get professional help

yeah, you don't want to be a burden yaddayadda

get help right now. there is no shame in it

holy shit

Why do you say that?