Long term Starbucks employee, AMA!

Long term Starbucks employee, AMA!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Prove it

Goodmorning

First 3 numbers of your partner numbers?

218xxxx here.

How do you feel about north stars bullshit? Thoughts on the new infusions?

Ristretto shot master race.

not OP but also an employee. Think I feel the same way about NS as you. Only thing Im excited for is that new nutella knockoff shit

I work in Europe, we have different market here ( different owner who works with Sbx called Amrest)

Cool, thanks for proving and ummm I guess what's your favourite thing you guys have there and what's the most pretentious thing anyone's ever ordered?

We have baristas who drink 6 Ristretto shot flatwhites, pretty fucking busy store aswell.

One of my fav sweet drinks is Whole Milk White Mocha 4 Ristretto Flatwhite with cinnamon in it.

But usually I just drink Plain 4Ristretto shot Flatwhite, or brewed coffee with cream.

London Fog is also awesome, with cream that is.

One of craziest things was green tea with whipped cream on top and raspberry flavor.

Flat whites are based AF. One of the drinks where I think you shouldn't change anything besides adding shots

.North Star is garbage to convince employees that Bux never changed. Literal detached corporate bullshit. Most partners are pretty chill though.

Other baristas lurking: Anyone else wish that Starbucks would go back to being a coffee shop and fuck off with all the social media drinks and ridiculous frappuchinos? The unicorn was absolute horseshit.

Sounds nice but that green tea thing good lord gorss. Do you guys have anything with irish nut cream or something?

>north stars
I'm actually about to quit, because of the situation here. Green brains are mainly Lefties, which is pain in the ass for me.

For example the plan to get 10,000 migrants as employees, fuck that.

you and your yangkee pig dog company, your sick supersized bastardisation of the product is insulting and boorish.

Drink coffe like a normal human. black. caffe latte. espresso. do it right.

your beans are terrible, your mission statement is terrible, you make a beautiful thing rubbish.

i'll stick with my locally roasted kenyan AB beans, hand ground and filtered through an aeropress.

Fuck you and everything that you stand for.

London fog is pretty god tier. Definitely an underrated drink.

Usually I'm drinking a Doubleshot w/ ristretto, white mocha and breve, a London fog, Flat white or a soy vanilla steamer. The new infusion drinks are pretty awesome too.

Fuck frappucinos, fuck the social media bullshit, If It was just regular coffee shop, I would be in heaven. Its so painful to make all the crazy ass sweet bullshit drinks, fraps which take 1 and more minutes to make when ur on super busy store is pain in the arse. Also its summer...

>he drinks Kenya
yeah alright guy, Sumatra is where it's at

PS - i live in melbourne, australia, and our coffee is some of the best in the world. so i have a high benchmark.

You have to understand that baristas arent the ones making the decisions. I dont agree with most things in the company myself. Dont flame us for just doing our job, blame the guys who make the decisions.

i get premium kenyan. sumatran is inferior. enjoy your tripple shot mochafrappasoyachinos

Sumatra Masterrace my friend. Nothing like good pour over / french press.

I agree. It's not a companies place to hire refugees, and sbux is already too political as is.

I work there and pretty much agree. The beans are shit and taste overroasted. The mission statement is just corporate drool, you got baited there. I don't know how customers enjoy pike, it tastes like nutty burnt asshole.

How's the aeropress? I'm thinking about getting one.

Also, implying anyone in this thread is loyal enough to a company to be salty. Kek.

Long term enough to go on your coffee break yet?
How much bean stock do you own?

Why did they switch out the good frap recipe with the new shit one?

that's fair, i edit it to remove you from my tirade. You do the best you can in the fascist system.

Once again, majority of the baristas dont even drink these sweet ass drinks. Majority of us have great knowledge of coffee in general, but if you plan on being a dick, go ahead Sup Forumsro

aeropress is great, you get the best quality coffee from it. always handgrind and use inversion method

discord.
-------------
gg/xwHkBJy

this.

Sumatra is pretty good. French roast when you have proper compliments(cigarette is great w/it) is nice. Sell me on your favorite dark roast? Anyone else have recommendations for non-bux beans?

Post your biggest customer peeves. My favorite has to be when lardass customers think that by saying Xtra 5 times that they will get more curmul drizzle.

hope you realize most people who work for starbucks don't do it cause they love starbucks, they do it cause starbucks has some pretty decent benefits for the entry level job it is.

also pike is crap, no one is disagreeing on that

Fraps are shit, all baristas hate preparing them, none drinks them.

Sadly, I'm European barista, we dont have these "benefits" here...

Sweet. I'll look into getting one. Recently I've been really getting into tea more then coffee, almost exclusively drinking espresso.

OCCASIONALLY I will cave and get something like a stawberry and cream, and if Im craving something sweet a vanilla bean w/ extra bean, banana and hazelnut is pretty ok. Tastes like banana cream pie, but always fucks my stomach up. Those are my guilty pleasures.

Thats me right there. Doppio to keep me going, variations of tea drinks to stay hydrated. I love black tea variations with milk. Experimenting a lot with it, about to make weed infused chai tea latte.

That sucks, thats my one appreciation of that place. Kinda jealous of their benefits. Gf has worked for them forever. Her first two partner numbers are 14 if i remember correctly.

I hope you at least get the free lb of coffee a week.

Oh yeah, occasional strawberry cream is great guilty pleasure i give you that. Also mango juice frap is lovely.

I tend to get these from trainings of new baristas, they have to prepare shitton of drinks, what a waste in my eyes, but it has to be done :).

A month. Lol glad that I'm about to quit now that I know that. In general the pay is low, no great benefits, u have to deal with butthurt customers. But the team is fun to hang out with, we have some great memories together.

Weed infused chai? Sounds interesting. I'd recommend making a tincure("green dragon") and using that to experiment with. Just grind and decarb in oven, soak in ever clear in a mason jar in the freezer for a month. Shake occasionally. Strain with cheese cloth and enjoy.

My pet project has been fucking with the new infusions. I think the pineapple infusion with cold milk and cane sugar has potential. Maybe even just the pineapple infusion drink, no water, add milk.

Your welcome

Green dragon huh, how much herb should I use for that?

T H I C C

Anyone else notice green beans having a shitty obsession with fraps and undertows? So many of them order undertows, then have their first day on bar and realize how annoying it is.

I know a lot of people who stopped drinking fraps after they prepared one.

Online says a 1/8th:2oz ratio is pretty solid.