When I buy something I pay what the price tag says. I don't fucking pay some 15 % extra...

When I buy something I pay what the price tag says. I don't fucking pay some 15 % extra. So why the hell am I expected to pay 15% overprice at a restaurant? Explain me that, americunts.

Du är bög.

Because we have more money than you and fully functioning toilets Eurocucks n

Nice size you manlet

Because of their shitty minimum wage dickhead

In b4 a bunch of entitled faggots complain about how they only make $150 in tips a day

I don't get it either it's always been that they are way underpaid (less than minimum wage) legally because they expect to get extra tips so somehow the responsibility falls in the consumer to pay a portion of their wage and not the employer. Completely sound logic right?

When i go to America, i am not tipping people to do their fucking jobs.

We do not do that fuckery in Australia

retail workers also get minimum wage.......but no tips

Our toilets work fine. Only time i remember having toilet problems in my life was in florida. Too much tissue and its clogged.
Plus we have culture, you dont.
We have good food, you dont.
We have normal sized people, you dont.
We have intelligent people, you dont.
We are liked around the world, you arent.

>So why the hell am I expected to pay 15% overprice at a restaurant? Explain me that, americunts.

Either you are being dense, or things work differently in Fjordland. You most certainly do not pay the price on the price tag. In my case, I pay 10.75% more for normal items. 12.75% more if it is a luxury item. A $4.99 cup of coffee is not $4.99 when you get to the window and pay for it

On sale for 200kr? That's a deal, did you get that?

YES YES YES YES YES! I ABSOLUTELY FLAT-OUT REFUSE TO TIP IN ANY SCENARIO UNLESS IT IS 100%SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO DO. TIPPING IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. THERE IS NO WAY I AM THE ONLY AMERICAN THAT THINKS THIS! FUCK TIPPING, FUCK PAYING EXTRA, I'M NOT PAYING YOU TO DO YOUR JOB AND IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU HAVE A LOW PAYING SHITTY JOB THAT YOU SIGNED UP FOR. BITCH AT YOUR EMPLOYER NOT ME.

>somehow the responsibility falls in the consumer to pay a portion of their wage and not the employer. Completely sound logic right?

You are paying them either way. Its not like the employer is going to magically give up an extra 4-6 dollars an hour for free. Consumers "feel better" about paying $14.99 for a burger and beer than they do paying $20 and leaving a $5 tip.

Similar to how people will buy something for 19.99 more happily than they will paying 20.01

If u cant afford a tip then dont fucking go to a restaurant u dumbass. Same thing works for all the hospitality industry, hotels and tours.

Instead of just saying thank you, a little tip helps em more than u think

You have small feet and gay fingernails. Show me your fem penis.

>THERE IS NO WAY I AM THE ONLY AMERICAN THAT THINKS THIS!

You arent. 13% of Americans think like you... they are called niggers.

Sverige är verkligen paradiset på jorden.

It's about kindness.
If you like how the guy did his job really much you leave him a tip as a token of appreciation, if you didnt like it enough/don't wanna, don't leave a tip.
It's that easy, no one is obligated to leave tips

What about my cuck comment? You admit you're cucked by the Muslims? Does your wife keep your money in her purse? Does she give you a weekly allowance?

I'm not American but I disagree with the food. Europes food is alright for the most part (not including English, they can't cook ramen noodles properly).

fpbp tbh

I don't tip people at McDonalds. They take my order and bring me my food.

English food is good and comfy as fuck. And I'm not a bong, I'm American.

English food is not cosy as fuck. The shit is gross, not including fish and "chips". I'm not a bong either by the way, I'm Canadian (;

The burger flipper at McDonalds makes 5-7 times the money a waitress does

>We are liked around the world, you arent.

See THAT right there is the problem...

You're obsessed with having to be "liked" by others.

It should never be a countries goal to be liked by other people countries. Also when you ARE the most powerful country like us (United States) other countries will automatically dislike you.

Food Service: Make the customer pay the company for the product and me. Make the company pay me as well.

Where else does this mentality fly?

So then why work that job?

Dude, British food is some of the nastiest shit in the world. Outdone by maybe only Japanese food and Polish food

So you are trying to tell me fish is gross?

Because everyone that isnt a jew or a nigger tips, which makes up for it

restaurant isnt equal as fast food, in Mcshit u have no server.

So what the tag says, is exactly what you pay. No tax or anything. Huh.

No, he is saying what you call "chips" are called french fries

Learn to read nigger, I meant that's the only English meal I like.
>not including

This guy fucking gets it!

Sounds like you're the nigger. You work a low paying job and expect other people to give you welfare.

The price in Europe almost always includes tax.

I'm a server. I get 2.16$ hourly. I don't get paychecks. I only get to take home tips and that's after I've tipped out to the bartenders and to the bussers. And that's roughly 20% of what I made that night

*freedom fries

They aint the only workers who get minimum wage dickhead

I'll tip at a fancy restaurant where the server interacts and recommends. Also when they come back multiple times to check on me and see if I need anything. Other than that - they are no different than McDonalds

And Russian. Them fucks eat sour cream like it's yogurt. I've seen it, first hand. Like when I saw a dutch kid dip his "chips" in mayonnaise,I almost threw up.

Thats the socially accepted way it works. I know its really hard for social rejects, niggers, and stick up their ass jews to understand that but its just how it works.

Do you not go to the same place twice? Or do you enjoy the spit in your food?

>2.16/hr

Dude my mom made more than that working at Burger King in the 70s when she was a teenager.....

Even still why are we expected to pay for a flaw in the system, or shitty employers?

Nobody made you get that shitty job faggot

It's common courtesy, and you're really missing the point. You're not obliged to fucking tip. End of story.

Thats weird as fuck. Imagine working in the US and instead of earning $30 an hour, then having taxes taken out, you get told you now REALLY make $19.50 an hour. Oh an that $17 dollar lunch is now $22

People would lose their fucking minds overnight

Lmmfao!!!!

see

No its not socially accepted because
A) We wouldn't be having this discussion if it was
B) The rest of the world doesn't agree with your lazy ass

The socially accepted way it works is working for your money. The customer pays one person not some fucked up bribe system.

No they dont. Mcburgerdude is generally minimum wage. Wait staff is guaranteed to make AT LEAST minimum wage.

If they receive 0 tips all shift they get paid minimum wage by their employeer even if their "wage" is a penny an hour.. If they make more I tips then the employeer pays their wage only.

No one I the service industry makes less than minimum.

Personally I pay for food, I tip for service. If you do a basic job, no tip. You get paid the minimum wage when it comes to me because all you did was your job.

If you do a really good job I tip really well. I've tipped 50% on a $700 meal. Special occasion and he went seriously above and beyond.

Do a shitty job and I talk to the management. I have gotten more free drinks for my entire tanle and meals then I can count. And in special day I got a waitress fired. She went so far in the shitty direction I probably could have sued.

Did you call him a faggot?

Common courtesy is not EXPECTING extra money for doing your job.

>A) We wouldn't be having this discussion if it was

The only reason we are having this conversation is because we are on Sup Forums.where nothing socially accepted is understood

They don't call you Europoors for no reason.

Doing Gods work. I'll tip above on a great meal and get management involved on a really bad one.

>flaw in the system
The only flaw is that 40y/o sally can't get a different job and can't remember that I had a lemonade. The question should be "why should I have to pay for their inability to get a decent job?"

Like not living off handouts?

I understand that they won't give up extra money for wages now, but I don't understand how it even got to that point. What other field is the employer not expected to pay a wage equivalent to the amount of labor done?

>If they receive 0 tips all shift they get paid minimum wage by their employeer even if their "wage" is a penny an hour.. If they make more I tips then the employeer pays their wage only.

That is not correct at all. Did you just make that up yourself?

Not only do most waitresses not even get paychecks after taxes, but a lot of restaurants force waitresses to share tips with kitchen and buss staff.

If you make 0 in tips all night, you made 0 dollars period. There isnt a restaurant owner in the country who is going to pay a waitress minimum wage just because it was a slow night. lol that actually made me chuckle

Says the kid who lives with his mom

Every field... its called being paid Salary, where there is no such thing as "overtime pay" regardless of whether you are expected to work 70 hours a week or not

You get the food cheaper and than are given a choice on what you would like to leave for the server either way in a world with it without tipping you wind up passing about the same i don't agree with servers not being payed a wage but that's the idea behind it

Because food service employees make less than minimum wage (~$2/hr usually) and survive on tips. I can see how this would be confusing to people who aren't American. Our country pays shit wages in some industries. The restaurant industry is an example of that. Servers also have to tip out the bussing and kitchen staff out of what they make in tips per night as well. I don't like it either.

You sir have never worked a restaurant a day in your life most of them earn every fucking penny they make having to deal with assholes like you. I don't care for the whole tipping thing but it's not the servers fault don't be that guy

you must be very confused when
I say we work only 37,5 hrs/wk and overtime is paid 100%
-it's good to be a European

Sorry Eurofaggots you dont want to tip?
Ok, great stay in Faggot land then, we dont really want you here and its probably best if you dont come. With that shitty attitude most of you have, you could easily end up shot and we dont have universal healthcare.

Why do we pay a tip to the waitress who brings us our food then disappears?
Wouldn't it make more sense to pay a tip to the chef instead for cooking it

No one ever seems to consider the benefits of tipping. While it may seem to cost you more, that simply isn't so. In reality the customer benefits the most from a tipping system, but many are too fixated on what they think is an extra 15% to see the big picture.
Servers in most states are paid less than minimum wage. In Pennsylvania the minimum wage is $7.25/hour but the minimum wage for servers is $2.73/hour. This allows restaurants operating with very slim profit margins to stay in business which provides a diversity of food options in an area, while helping to keep the menu prices as low as possible (i.e. without tipping you would still pay the server's wages, just through increased menu prices).
Most importantly though, tipping encourages exceptional service. If a server's pay is entirely dependent on your satisfaction, that server will do everything they can to make sure you are happy; a server who is bad at their job will not be able to make enough money to survive, and will not last. In many ways it is a tool for the customers to micromanage the staff at their favorite restaurants—in a way that a suggestion box never could.
Who would you rather have handle your food: some bureaucratic sloth that knows they will make the same amount no matter how inconvenienced you are by their poor service, or someone who is motivated to ensure you have the best experience they can possibly provide?

There are weeks I work 37.5 hours by Wednesday... and still have 4 more days to work. The longest I worked though was 12 hour days for 47 days straight. I got 3 weeks off after that though

You sir are my hero that's the best way I heard it explained

Europeans don't realize a few things, due to no fault of their own.

1) Waiter wage is below minimum wage because of the expectation of a tip.
2) The meals are discounted to offset the tip fee, so it really comes out to the same price.

The reason why American society has set it up this way is so that if a patron feels completely dissatisfied they can essentially lower their bill by not tipping, making the customer happy and less likely to cause a disruption which could cost the business money.

Stores care a great deal about customer satisfaction and sometimes purposely don't go after shoplifters because is it worth stopping a shoplifter for a $2 item if 100 people in your store are going to stand in a circle gasping and saying "oh wow there's crime here I'm never coming back here I don't feel safe"

When I worked retail we were trained to only stop a shoplifter if the item was of substantial cost. Otherwise you could end up causing a scene.

Ok fags ill give u the final answer why do people leave tips.

U have to work actually in the service industry to understand this (rest, hotels, tours), and ive been around those business for over 10 years. First of all most of the employers just focus on numbers but not the confort of the employee, employees work with the limited tools that they are given and they try to do their best to give u a good experience, at some point employees feel the need to buy things to give a better experience to the costumer. Another reason is about the time, employees atend diferent ppl with different needs at the same time and as a host you have to manage your time, that implies that sometimes you have to earn some "favours" to serve better to some vip costumers (tipers)

Now ill give you some examples of my job, im a butler in a 5 star hotel by the way.

In february 14 the hotel only gave me 1 bag of rose petals for 5 couple rooms that i was in charge and my bosses coudnt give me more cuz tahts what "the hotel is offering" and its fucking ridiculous. So i had to order 1 more and payed it on my own. Now to manage the bags of course i used 1 whole bag for the most vip room i had (the one that gave me a good tip at the begginig). So the other bag was for the other 4 rooms, now i used half of the bag on another room cuz the couple was always nice to me and gave me a little tip (not as much as teh first room), and the half left for the other 3 nigger rooms.

Also remember that the tip u give in restaurant does not go ALL to the server, depending on the restaurant it also go to bartenders or the kitchen (can be obligatory or not), most of the time its not obligatory but anyways we give them some, not because of their "low salary" its because they also help up... just imagine a full overbooked restaurant and the kitchen/bar with 10 orders on the waiting list, and u as a waiter have a vip (u know what i mean)

Thank you

>complains that Americans share wealth
>from sweden

...and we get 4 wks paid in summer, one week in winter
-good for you

In no place in the world they are allowed to pay below the minimum wage faggot, it's thats why it's called minimum wage

>beginning a sentence with U
Kys

>See THAT right there is the problem...
>Being liked is a problem.

Oh you poor, poor, underage thing.

you can always solve the problem with a couple of dolars and give to your costumer a better experience and let the rest wait.

All in all money is an important part on this business, do NOT forget to be gentle to your servers. You can be a good tiper but if u are an asshole you will recive a regular service.

>I don't fucking pay some 15 % extra
>tax
Yes you do

>expected to pay 15% overprice at a restaurant
Usually around 20% if they did a good job. It is supposed to be an incentive to make the wait staff actually try when it comes to customer service, but most of the time it is just an excuse for the boss to pay them less.

Jag skulle knulla en bög med de naglarna.

there's technically two tiers of minimum wage one for food service workers who service guests directly and one for those that dont.

And you fail to understand the statement.

It should not be the goal of a COUNTRY to be liked.

A COUNTRY should be serving the best interest of it's people.

Being LIKED by other people and other countries is not always in the best interest of that country.

When you are the most powerful country you will automatically be disliked.

See the problem is that you think too small. You think on the level of people or individual persons. What is in the best interest of a Country may not always be what is best for an small group or even an individual person.

Do I need to break this down further for you or are you actually able to grasp the concept now...

you poor, poor, underage thing?

Many people over tip, leading others to believe they should tip as much too. If they were paid a couple dollars more an hour most people would see an average decrease in their amounts paid. You wouldn't have situations where people feel obligated to add another $5 to a tip just because it's raining when the delivery guy comes or because they live on the third floor only accessible by stairs.

Garbage men don't get paid more just because I skipped a couple of weeks and my cans are full of maggots. I don't get paid more because a third party's apiece is nearly useless and I have to work closely with them to allow it to accept requests from our interface. Service industry should be paid by their employers like everyone else