youtube.com/watch?v=6qxHARgZFgo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cock

THREAD
SAGE

Skills every time.

strength

Living in a civilized country.

keep 'practicing' the katana, captain fedora.

Stay mad chicken legs

some of those martial arts are horrifically nerdy alright. But I think skills has to win it

depends of the disparity in each sense

competent strength with extreme skill will likely trump high strength with no skill

in that same regard extreme strength will likely tump competent skill with no strength

Kek, another BUFFoon who didn't know his knees shouldn't bend that way. Keep chimpin meat.

a gun

Don't forget. Faggot.

police dont even have guns here

Both

youtube.com/watch?v=6qxHARgZFgo

Theres weight classes for a reason user. if you are strong enough it doesnt matter how good your opponent is.

A champion feather weight is probably going to struggle agasint a mediocore heavy weight if hes all muscle

Skill always. Watch the vids where Gracie takes on tough guy muscle heads at the beach. He destroys guys twice his size

^this
Underrated post.

Depends on the style. Anything involving locks goes to skill every time. But a skilled featherweight boxer vs a dude 2x his size will struggle.

That's the crux though. Most people don't fight out of their weight class for a reason. Gracie is one in a hundred million

Don't think you're correct in your logic here user. There are weight classes because a skilled strong guy will defeat a skilled weak guy, but they are both skilled, so your comparison is not relevant to OPs question of skilled vs. strong. In fighting sports, skilled will almost always defeat strong but unskilled.

Yes, maybe in a professional setting, but the vast amount of fights not involving weapons is not in a professional setting with weight classes.

but ur example proves strength wins if a heavy weight champion beats a light way champion through power since skill was equal

Skill + Power > Skill + no power > No skill no power

I think I figured this out

I... I feel like there's a healthy middle ground that will get you a lot farther than either extreme...

But what do I know? This is Sup Forums! Also, Samantha is best. Good special and can take a hit. Paladin style.

Truth. So if someones generic skilled and another generic strong, I would vote skill. Not every punch Lennox Lewis threw more than just haymakers.

yeah, no matter how big your muscles are - some martial arts use strikes to points in the body, you cant really condition. like the philtrum, temple, throat

Where are we? Japan? Australia? Communist 1980s England? Communist 2017 England?

I vote bad anime.

Yes, but they are both skilled in your example. I think it's pretty obvious that a strong fighter will defeat a weaker fighter of equal skill and conditioning. I don't think that was OPs question though.

The more interesting question is, "can a skilled fighter consistently defeat an unskilled person of much greater size and strength?" I think the answer is yes.

Watch UFC 1 fights, and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fights. Skill > strength unless the strong one is a behemoth.

Just a reminder that a lot of martial artists have a hard time beating a suicidally agressive opponent. Martial arts are generally about crippling your opponent and taking as little damage in return as you can, and most scenarios are between two guys who are trying not to get fucked up. Unless you're against a judo or aikido guy, a good old fashioned bum rush might be enough to put him flat on his ass. Depends, really.

found an additional variable

Skill + Power > Skill + Less Power > Power + No Skill > No Skill + No Power

Skills for sure
Story time
>not a fighter but wrestled since elementary school
>was always a twig
>tall and not super muscular
>senior year of HS 6'1" 165lbs
>wrestled 172lbs class
>always had to wrestle short stocky guys
>always looked like I would be owned cause I was wrestling hulk Jr's
>always walked them cause I was better at the moves and didn't just muscle my way through
>beat a guy in the finals of a tournament by tech fall even though he was a linebacker for his schools football team the previous fall.
>my coaches thought I was done for before I walked onto the mat until I started making him look like a fool

I name this "The Food Chain"

Gun > all the rest

Food chain upended. Don't fight. Period.

mind you that more muscle doesnt mean more strenght..i personally have been hitting the gym for the past 5 years and can tell you there are a lot of martial arts guys that even though they look smaller they do have more general strenght, weightlifting gives tou endurance to strenght

dex>str

Also adding, strengh is a very general variable..for ex if ive been consistently lifting for 2 3 months and my stenght is at its peak and then lets say dont work out for a week then strenght lowers significantly..same case when i only do consecutive demanding/hard workout sessions, this doesnt gain you more power but actually lowers overall strengh

skill
small ufc fighters with a lifetime of wrestling/bjj/sambo etc. will beat any large man with literally zero training

the world's strongest man couldn't even get a take down on tim sylvia lol

Skill is a force multipler. If you train something like wrestling, mma or bjj you will get stronger along the way.

If you don't have the skill to use strength properly, you will perish.

Skill, every time. Someone who knows what they're doing can turn the momentum of a punch of a roid-raging "I can bench 700 pounds" idiot around and flip them on their ass with ease.

yes this is true..im weightlifting for a long time and my mate has been doing judo for the past 15 years..im 3 times his size but he could have me on the ground with like 2 3 moves

bump