Why did anomalisa get robbed at the oscars even though it's vastly superior to inside out

Why did anomalisa get robbed at the oscars even though it's vastly superior to inside out.

Not as bad as Kaguya Hime losing to Big Hero 6 2bh

Inside Out deserved it. The real tragedy was The Wind Rises losing to fucking Frozen.

Anomalisa was fucking numale trash.

Or Wind Rises to fucking Frozen.
I'm pretty sure that the old farts who have to decide on best animated movie just chose the Disney one because their nieces liked it.

This. Op is a cuck.

If you really look into it, most of the academy who has to vote on animation, or other categories for that matter, they don't see all the movies in the category. They'll see one, or even none, of the films and their votes still count.

Anomalisa was animated and better than most romantic movies that come out today. Inside out was your typical Pixar garbage

no it fucking wasn't
anomalisa is a shit written drama with obvious surface symbolism that tries to be some great existential film, fucking spielberg tier film
meanwhile inside out is a great film for children that uses color to portray emotion and teaches children about their own bodies and at the same time teaches them visual storytelling and great morals
and it was funny

Because the Academy doesn't watch all the movies nominated. Pixar could churn out and incredibly surface-level film with an unoriginal concept, main characters who you already know are going to react in a certain way to each situation (thus defusing any sense of tension), and have honestly fairly mediocre animation, and they still win because it's a name the Academy recognizes.

The Oscars are bullshit and you shouldn't pay attention to them

you have to be 18+ to post here

Is left's thumbnail intentionally deceptive

KEK
C
K

>Creative film about kids and their mind with relatable feels
OR
>Depressing puppet movie

Hmmmm

I've traveled back from the future to ask why Kubo got robbed at the Oscars even though it's vastly superior to Zootopia?

Frozen is the highest grossing animated film ever and was a bona fide cultural phenomenon. It's victory shouldn't have been a surprise to anybody. The academy already threw miyazaki his Oscar.

Oscars are a joke, don't take it seriously.

DUDE PUPPET SEX LMAO

The fact of the matter is that a lot of AMPAS members probably didn't even see Anomalisa. They don't have to watch everything to vote. Pixar/Disney can out spend anyone else with Oscar screenings and events, meanwhile Anomalisa probably got some shitty poorly distributed DVD screener.

nobody saw it

>Threw Miyazaki his Oscar

That sounds savage. Even though Studio Gibli deserves an Oscar for each movie they have made. Disney is just a factory for animation and crap.

Sure, but Avatar didn't win best picture. Surprise or not, it didn't deserve it. Not even close.

Inside out better articulated it's concepts and themes than anomalisa, as kaufman seemed like was holding back, a lot, and its not really clear as to why.

Spirited Away winning an Oscar is basically John Lasseter assuaging his guilt for killing animation in the west.

Anomalisa was initially a spoken word piece, read by three actors. That's why the voices were such a huge part of it. Then somebody else came along and decided to animate it. That's why it feels a little off.

When Pixar was good it was great.

I love Charlie Kaufman and I think he's a brilliant screenwriter, but Anomalisa was a huge letdown.

I mentioned this before, but it wasn't a screenplay, it was a spoken word piece that somebody else decided to animate.

Because nobody saw it

It's dumb to even have those two movies competing in the same category. Animation isn't a genre and shouldn't be treated as one.

The Oscars are the rich persons circlejerk, they mean nothing to anybody outside hollywood.

it's the oscars, animated movies only get nominated because they are completely uninterested in them so they mostly just vote for whatever movie disney has shat out

anomalisa wasn't a great movie, it looked nice.

>fucking spielberg tier film

if it was, Kaufman would have no trouble financing it, not fucking crowdfunding.

fuck off weebs. those movies are shit. but BH6 is pretty bad too. did it actually win an oscar?

Considering kaufman has the "director" credit, it stands to reason the guy who decided to animate it was, ya know, kaufman.

Inside Out:
>creative
>good visuals
>teaches kid about puberty
>appeals to everyone

Anomalisa:
>generic 'i'm depressed' movie
>okay visuals
>interesting puppets

It's not hard to see why Inside Out was well regarded.

>teaches children about their own bodies
if by that you mean teaching them that they're fucking evangelions piloted by dwarves in their brain and have the same mental stability as the aforementioned robots, then you're right.
it's ok for a kids' movie, but let's not pretend it's anything but overrated

>great morals
the only moral lesson was that it's sometimes ok to feel sad, that's it

you know, I liked anomalisa, but the whole scene about her singing was cringeworthy

All I know is that is Kubo and the Two Strings loses to Finding Dory, I might actually, literally, commit suicide.

this
if anything there should be two categories: animated comedies and animated dramas, if the latter weren't almost non-existent

Really nigga?

Even Earthsea?

Name one category where you usually agree with the academy's choice.

anomalisa didn't have that moment where you could imagine digust, joy, sadness, anger, and fear reacting to the kid's choices after she "died inside" and ran away, leading her through a life of child prostitution and drug addiction. Reacting to her core memories becoming things like the time the guy who seemed nice tied her up, whipped her till she bled, then fucked her dry for a solid hour before pissing and shitting on her, then giving her $25 like it was a lot of money.

Damn. You know, Sup Forums? Sometimes, you're all right and prove you have half a brain.

Way to shoot down this fucking pussy who can't watch a movie unless it makes him depressed and all existential and shit. AKA every Kaufman movie.

Seriously suggesting a movie that santizes japanese war crimes and glorifys a war profiteer because 'muh passion' deserved to beat one of the most touching portrayals of yuri in western cinema

both are overrated
frozen is an ok entertaining movie but mor of a marketing accomplishment than a cinematic one
the wind rises is a visually stunning movie about an autist fucker that really didn't deserve to be depicted in such a sympathetic way (I wouldn't say the movie santizes him, but surely tries his best to make us understand his reasons)

Keep grinding that axe Dan. Shouldn't you be starting another doomed marriage so you can give away half of your money again?

Frozen was mostly just word of mouth.

>Oscars matter to anyone
Ok Kid

It's even more retarded when you realize that dispite having live action almost every current big budget hollywood movie has more animation and compositing than natural camera shots

Anomalisa wasn't good though. Inside out was very mediocre too, but definitely better.
When Marnie was there was miles better than both.

Because Charlie Kaufman is a hack.

>tfw Kubo WILL lose to whatever Pixar shat out this year

Because no one saw it.

It infuriates me as well senpai