Just watched this, holy shit was it bad

Just watched this, holy shit was it bad.
All the characters were paper-thin stereotypes, everyone suffered from a hefty dose of brain damage, every little dramatic moment gets milked to the extreme.

The ending was the only good thing about it.

>hides thread

I agree, have no clue why its so well received, seems pretty obvious that its shit

The only thing I like about is the ending.

Anything with Thomas jane is good m8s

I sort of agree with you. I thought it was kind of cool because of the story (huge half-life fan) but yeah it felt like it was more of a side project for darabont. Or like it was just sort of get-the-job-done acting and directing.

WOW IS THAT THE NEW MOVIE THAT JUST CAME ON TV GRANDPA!? I SAID! IS THAT THE NEW STEPHEN KING MOVIE?!! THE MOVIE... nevermind

>holy shit was it bad
You have bad taste user

ITT: Thing plebs say

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again

The CGI wasn't very good, though.

>pleb say

This is the correct assessment of the film, and the only explanation I can come up with for why it's so lauded is that it's become cult and it's comfy.

And Stephen King... you know that world famous horror writer, and him enjoying the movie too, which isn't common he's remade a lot of movies. but then again if you read the book, the movie is pretty much accurate. After dreamcatcher it was nice.

>i.e. arguments you've used into oblivion, but now use countless variations of.

bump

Grandma was easily the best character hands down.
Getting shit done.

this

Fucking plebtard, nice thread u got. Laughing at you IRL.

op is a pleb

The tentacle beast was pretty fake looking but Chris Owen sold it as a horrifying death scene.

I heard the effects look better if you watch the black and white version.