Star Wars

Which do you prefer? The old EU or the new Extended Canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good god I would kill to have Vader's VA read that line

>that pic
>LCT-looking landing craft up a mountain

for what purpose? anyway old EU is best

Bump

EU
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

The EU was 99% shit. For every good story like TotJ or Katarn's adventures you had a billion shitty ones. For every cool character like Revan and Thrawn you had a million Luuukes.

>look up any character on Wookieepedia
>"canon" page has two episodes from the faggot cartoon
>"legends" page actually has content
you tell me

Now that the new eu has to ridgidly be in canon with the films, we will never again get anything like Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando or Shadows of the Empire, which is a real shame.

Bump

>IG-88 was a cool looking killbot in the background of Ep 5
>so let's make him fucking Skynet and have him take over the Death Star and open and close doors just to fuck with Sheev

>Look up any character from the new books on the wook
>Canon page has the canon instances they appeared
>"Legends" is nonexistant
Wow

Why wouldn't we? They would all just have to be able to take place in the same world as the movies

Disney got 1313 cancelled because it isn't in canon.

That's not true. 1313 was cancelled because Lucasarts (Lucasfilms videogame publishing division) was shut down and the new owners of the Star Wars video game rights (EA) didn't care about it enough to keep the project alive.

Star Wars fags BTFO.

How would it even be possible to deflect lasers from so many angles?

>EU

No wonder

EU garbage. Shut it down.

Old EU had some decent bits but it also had gazillion tons of pure shit.

So far I prefer the extended canon because its pretty coherent and does make sense. I am sure it will become lucasfilm levels of pure unfiltered garbage when they start handling out the license to anyone who asks.

use force famalam

Those vader comics are pretty rad desu

canon is both more interesting, and more coherent

The Gillen Vader book is legitimately good, was not expecting as much.

Will they bring these guys back?

Jesus I hope not.

Maybe eventually, but if they do they would never be as big of an issue as they were in the old continuity

They already said Snoke was from outside their galaxy so they will probably change them a little and then bring them in, like they did with Thrawn.

Old EU on average was pretty poor, but the good stuff was great.
New EU on average is meh, but the good stuff is okish.

>They already said Snoke was from outside their galaxy
When did they say that? Source? I wouldn't mind if this is true, but that seems like a pretty radical thing for them to reveal

Kanan is honestly probably the coolest Jedi in either continuity

>new Extended Canon
Don't you mean Disney's fanfiction?

I don't understand that pic, Vader died in the second death star not in some random desert planet, though It would be ironical knowing his opinion on sand

Well, it's a carbon copy of Katarn, of course he was going to be cool.

it's after ep4 before 5, it's a good story

>Vader dies before EP5
>Somehow appears in EP5
>Good
Smelling bullshit

Oh god please don't tell me he killed all those troopers on his own.

That'd be stupid.

Old EU is mostly shit, but has some great stuff too.

Extended Canon is shit with an agenda.

I seriously doubt he killed ALL of them, but he survived the situation on his own

>canon
>mattering

>>Vader dies

wat

Are you high or retarded? Vader dies in VI

Well, if they're going by movie canon i find that hard to believe. Vader was slow as fuck soon as he became Vader and even he wouldn't be able to block laser shots from 20 fucking people.

But if they're going by vidya standards sure, he can fly, levitate and be as fast as the motherfucking Flash when needed.

to be fair, in the movies we never really see him in a situation like that. All of the battling we see him do is 1 on 1.

Just wait until Rogue One. That is guaranteed to have at least one major Vader slaughter scene

He used the Force to pull the pins on a bunch of grenades and used the ensuing confusion to run away and basically set a million traps for the rebels.
That story arc is basically all about Vader being the boogeyman.

>Surrounded by hundred soldiers with heavy blasters ready to shoot
>Doesn't die
Ok, this has reached the worst of old EU then

You're doing great.

>to be fair, in the movies we never really see him in a situation like that.
But we do see that his armor hinders his ability to move fast. He's a bulky, slow machine man.

Ok then that's pretty cool.

>run away

fucking faggot stfu look what visceral teased at E3 nigga

I think a lot of people make the mistake of including popular fan-fiction in the EU. I read a few of the KJA EU books and they weren't bad or cringe-inducing like that wookiepedia shit. Also, some of the best EU cannon is from the shit like the Star Wars Vehicle guide.

That being said.....
>The Star Wars Vehicle guide is superior to everything Disney has made since their acquisition
>tfw some of the subplots are better than TFA as a whole

canon*

Different continuities, dumdum. Vid you linked is all about the old eu

This was never about the quality of the product, user, turning old EU into non-canon wasn't to improve the EU, old EU gave disney no money, they needed something that the fans would buy by tons that gave them money, so they said: your old books a shit and fake, buy ours coz they're real

This, Jesus are you people stupid. Even then old EU had due to pure density a shitload of good stuff, and guess what, it can still be enjoyed even if Mickey mouse says it isn't real

>old EU gave disney no money
I wish people would stop spewing assumptions as fact. Of course they made money off of old eu reprints. If I buy a non-canon game on steam, who do you think the money goes to? Someone other than Disney? They get money from practically anything with the Star Wars name on it

Pretty much this. It's pretty low that they hired Web 2.0 media firms to shill against EU/OT canon too. Fuckers are ALWAYS on here - wait until Rogue One. 24/7 shilling and anti-EU canon threads once again.

please refer your autism to

The can make a lot more money by saying "your EU a shit buy ALL this new stuff for the Real Canon. You don't want that fake garbage"

Stop shilling you worthless cuck. It's not my fault the Vehicle Guide had better EU and plot than TFA and everything since the sale.

Neo-Mandalorians when?

How is that any different than saying the old EU was canon and telling fans to buy that? Again, they made the same amount of money off of it.

Disney, even if you want to think is some evil corporation, does do things other than for money. They made it obvious that they wiped the canon to make the new movies easier to write.

On top of that, the old continuity had zero connectivity to itself and in general was a cluster fuck. Disney was fully aware of this. Watch any interview and they will bring up how the Storygroup is here specifically to make the Star Wars universe more inline with itself.

>buzzwords after buzzwords

>They made it obvious that they wiped the canon to make the new movies easier to write

- t. Disney shill

"Instead of actually trying why don't we just erase all that old shit entirely, create new stuff, and tell everyone the old shit is non-Star Wars. They'll gobble it up just like they have A New Hope 2."

I wasn't aware you could obtain a degree in stupid but I'd have to assume you have a doctorate. By erasing all the 'old' they can create whatever they want anew without 'restrictions' AND ensuring no other parties receive a portion of the profit. This is 'smart' especially when they can just rip-off the good stuff from the EU and trash the rest.

I have lived to watch greed consume and destroy every last thing I've enjoyed. Go fucking kill yourself you fat waste of torpid flesh.

>not knowing Madalorians are peaceful
By new EU Madalorians were never warriors, they are peaceful and nice, never tried to conquer shit. Jango and Boba aren't mandos btw, they're just guys who found mando police armors.

Canon reboot happened in 2014 which was two years ago, they're still sifting through all the canon and legends shit.
Wook is busy, just chill and be patient.

Believe it or not, I don't think a lot of audience-goers would be too happy if they went into the movie only to find out that chewbaka was dead because he was killed off in some book 30 years ago

What, no they didn't

>Crushed by a fucking moon

>IG-88
LOL

That's wrong. New Eu they were at one point warriors, but they converted to peace.

Everything after the original trilogy is shit.

Most, if not all, of the new EU comics suck. Vader, Star Wars, Po Dameron, all are boring and reveal nothing important to the overall mythos. Maybe the books are better idk. I'm just glad Vader and Star Wars lines are almost over. Maybe they will focus on more current timeline stuff now.

>Vader and Star Wars lines are almost over.
Vader is almost over, star wars is ongoing, probably for the rest of time.

I honestly want to see Vader at his full power kicking ass and taking names.

I want to see the power of the dark side

I thought Vader already ended? I'm not caught up

Oh. I thought it was done at issue 25 too. Oh well, makes sense they wouldn't axe that one, even if I wish they would. I just want a Kylo Ren comic. Is that too much to ask?

#25 in october

Give it time. Kylo is a character that is almost guaranteed to get one. Just after Episode 8

>Implying they won't get James Luceno to write a book instead

Only thing I'm not a fan of regarding the EC, is that so far everything that isn't a movie or Rebels has been pretty low stakes. Makes since though, we are in the middle of a new trilogy after all.

I just want this continuities Heir to the Empire

i love the new disney princess extended canon where movies like rogue one, which was supposed to be a gritty war movie, get rewritten and reshot to be a quippy lighthearted adventures! I rebel!@1 XD

Agreed. The only plot heavy thing thats happened outside of the movies recently was Luke securing the force tree from the Jedi temple which will directly tie into episode 8.

Even that is nothing compared to the thuff that would happen in something like the thrawn books

>SW games were made by Lucasarts
>But now it's EA

What a time to be alive.

E D G Y
D G
G D
Y G D E

Yeah, it would be RIDICULOUS to expect some characters might have died during 30 years of Galactic wars.

>shoulder pad

carbon copy.

Stop katarnfagging. I liked him too, but trying to think he's secretly Kanan is just sad

>But if they're going by vidya standards sure, he can fly, levitate and be as fast as the motherfucking Flash when needed.
this is why I wince every time someone brings up Force Unleashed as a viable addition to the established canon. Starkiller was basically Goku.

Nah, they scrapped that retarded crap so they could make teenage scene-punk girls with pink mando-armor & Hot Topic brand hair dye

Bravo Disney. Here's your 'new & improved' Bobba Fett

>super aliens immune to the Force

No, fuck that shit.

Not him, but what they're doing is even worse. They dissolve the EU (Legends) yet cherry-pick all the good stuff, rename it (or don't. i.e. Grand Admiral Thrawn confirmed for next season of Rebels) & repurpose it as 'original ideas'

This
Even as far back as The Clone Wars, Mandalorians were strictly pacifistic & operated outside of the Galactic Federation's jurisdiction (hence all intervention was done covertly rather than with a Jedi/Clone army to quell any uprising). The key instigators were the Mandalorian Deathwatch, a faction of war heroes who disregarded the notion of pacifism as idealistic weakness, seceded & took a stand as the defenders of Mandalor through false-flagging & several coup attempts.

As opposed to magic space crabs with force-resistant shells?
Or a literal Big Guy who makes armor out of said force-resistant space crab shells?

old

EU

Fuck this Disney shit.

Youre joking right?

MY

FUCKING

NIGGA

I just read all his comics. Goddamn I love that dude.

>But we do see that his armor hinders his ability to move fast.

Except it doesn't. Current canon has gone out of it's way to imply that he has every bit the mobility and agility of Anakin Skywalker. That slow cripple shit is a thing of the EU. The armor and prosthetics enable him, not hinder him.

>>That slow cripple shit is a thing of the EU
>the Original Trilogy is now the EU
In the OT he moves like a robot, his attacks consisting of powerful yet clearly labored attacks. Compared to Anakin, who is lightning fast yet has nowhere near the weight behind his offense.

>Pre-Mustafar Anakin
>DEX build. Skilled force user

>Post-Mustafar
>Lower speed but tremendously powerful & fully synced with the force

>Mandalorians were strictly pacifistic &
Actually, that was just the reigning regime of the time. Mandalorians (and it was even outright stated in The Clone Wars) had a long history of war and conquest. It's why the surface of their planet is a barren wasteland and why they live in domed cities. They say straight up that they banished their warriors to their moon centuries before.

>operated outside of the Galactic Federation's jurisdiction

Actually, they were part of the Republic. They just chose to remain neutral during the war.

> a faction of war heroes who disregarded the notion of pacifism as idealistic weakness

The Deathwatch were not war heroes. They were idealists/terrorists who romanticized the ways of their ancestors.

>seceded & took a stand as the defenders of Mandalor through false-flagging & several coup attempts.

Thy didn't secede. They fled before their first coup could even be put into effect because of being discovered too early. Any other attempts to take control were foiled because of the meddling of the Sith.

The OT never had him in the need to show what he was actually capable of. His fight with Kenobi was him being cautious. His first fight with Luke was him toying with a child. His second with Luke was him not being at full form because of his emotional instability.

Seriously. Just read the new canon books. They show Vader moving just as fast and being just as acrobatic as Anakin pre-mustafar. He's a fucking unstoppable nightmare in them.