Hello Sup Forums...

Hello Sup Forums, I have been considering starting a hobby in stand up comedy does anyone who possibly has experience have any tips for a newbie? Delivery, timing, reading a crowd etc. any tips would be greatly appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000606/aponline170735_000.htm
dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/InmateDisplayServlet?DcsId=53850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try being funny.

always do dark humor

Be racist, everyone loves racist jokes

Been doing standup for years in Seattle/Portland. Crowds love a good story. Try to mix in a few one liners in with the story, but make it sound authentic. Pauses for effects are great and try to seem interested and engaged with the audience.

Be prepared to eat shit all the time for about 5 to 20 years. Last that long and you might eventually be somewhat funny.

test

Im actually a stand up comedian you have probably heard of. Ive been in a couple movies, no major parts. Also a tv show which is still on cable, but ive only appeared on it a hand full of times.

Every comedian on every podcast basically says you suck for the first 5 years (or so). You're mediocre for the next 5 years (or so), and then you start being decent. The key is to spend as much time on stage as possible everywhere all the time. No matter how shitty the gig/ audience but just get stage time. Also, focused writing 1-2 hours per day is very effective.

pic with time stamp

thanks for that horrible input jackass

say catchphrases from movvies or tv shows

what's your method of developing material/how do you read an audience/how do you turn an audience?

This is out the window of my bus.

I would help, but I just tell people to fist themselves and talk about jizz and things like this.

So basically gather as much experience as I can and don't give up?

Uh.. dude where are you. Creepy, it looks like the amphitheater by my house

Sorry forgot reference

Tell me a joke, funny man

There's lots of other little things you learn along the way, but just focus on this.

i'm an actual comdian. i expose myself to children, because otherwise they'd be too old.

my stage act consists of fellating a pantomime horse while wearing a clown suit while reading mien kampft but managing to offend no one.

the strongest emotion i illicit is one of pity, and they shower me with lube because the pantomime horse eventually becomes rather randy.

No yeah this is definitely chesterfield amphitheater. I'm going to come over to you right now. Stay there.

Holy shit it's Vince Champ

Pic of your face with time stamp.

vince champ? that rapist chump?

yeah if it's vince champ, the fuck is he doing out of jail?

washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000606/aponline170735_000.htm

keep your legs

further checking he's supposed to be in nebraska pen, not eligible for parole until 2025

dcs-inmatesearch.ne.gov/Corrections/InmateDisplayServlet?DcsId=53850

source

considering the same.

i think it's most important to find a mode of personality that makes you feel awesome on stage.
don't make your reaction pauses too short, they can be longer but should never be too short.
use impersonations sparingly, don't become a clown.
really dig into the topics you wish to cover, be prepared for twists and interruptions. gotta be unflappable.
avoid day-to-day politics, that'll date your material.

Thank you I always heard from comedians that the best time to continue or start a new joke is right at the peak when the laughter is dying down

sounds like a good strategy. i've observed that working well a lot yeah.

This thread turned out alot better than expected I got alot of great tips

watch bo burnham on netflix