Some people arguing for Disney/Marvel

>Some people arguing for Disney/Marvel
>Other people arguing for WB/DC
>The greatest capekino of all time already exists, and was made by fucking Sony of all people

The irony is delicious.

>Niggers and Jews

Spider-Man 2 doesn't hold up
Bad acting
Cheesy dialogue
Peter loses powers for the dumbest reasons
And he regains his powers due to love which is fucking stupid
Holland and Garfield are better
Fuck maguire's ugly annoying pouty dog face

You mean Raimi until he shitted the bed with 3 (Probably due to Sony's executive meddling), then Sony took over to make a mediocre reboot and shit sequel, finally having to reboot the series again with Marvel/Russos in control.

fuck off andrew

>Doesn't spend time setting up stupid sequels or broadening its "cinematic universe"
>Doesn't feature a horde of weightless CGI enemies
>Doesn't feature a horde of weightless CGI protagonists
>Perfectly balances the power of being Spider-man with the responsibility that strains his everyday life
>Villain has a simple plan that makes sense
>Hero has a simple plan that makes sense
>Good dialogue AND good action
>Fucking based JK Simmons in arguably the best casting of all time
>Dat Danny Elfman legitimately memorable score
>Dat Doc Ock massacre in the hospital (intense as fuck)
>Dat casting of Joel McHale just to have him get kicked and slapped by an old woman
>Perfect blend of comedy and drama

Where were you when you realized Spider-man 2 was the best cape movie that ever was and will be?

>And he regains his power due to love which is fucking stupid
*tips fedora*
Also if you think that's why he regained his powers then you might be a legit retard

that movie is shit

>aged terribly
>maguire is cringe
>dafoe is ugly
>molina and franco are gay
>dunst is ugly

tnx and fuck you

Sony flew too close to the sun.
Raimi made the greatest capekino of all time then thought they could force their shit down Raimi's throat for SM3. Raimi's very old-school and a class act so he would never talk shit about a studio... but it's clear in interviews that SM3 is not how he originally wanted it.

>No Venom
>No stupid Topher Grace
>No stupid too many villains
>No stupid black suit subplot with Peter being evil

Taking Venom out literally fixes the entire movie. Sandman was another perfect casting - put the focus back on him and that movie is 10/10.

He loses and regains his powers for ioditic reasons. The whole "love makes you sick" line and when Mary Jane tries to kiss him Peter coincidentally regains his powers.

Ok so again you are legitimately retarded.
He regains his power due to his sense of purpose. "With great power comes great responsibility," remember? When you shirk your responsibility, you lose your power. The relationship is intertwined.

Are you fucking 12

SM2>SM1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BvS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literal Dogshit>>> Civil War

Disagree and you are objectively a waste of space.

>Holland and Garfield are better
I literally could not be laughing any harder

Him losing his power over weak psychological reasons like that is fucking stupid and what's your excuse for the cheesy dialogue and bad acting

Not only is it the best capeshit, it's generally one of the best movies of the 21st century. The filmmakers treated this with a lot of respect and were conscientious about it.

>the word love is in the line so it must be dumb
Holy shit lad
The point is that being Spider-man is fucking up his relationship with MJ. So he's not so sure he wants to sacrifice his life as Peter Parker to be Spider-man. This is abundantly clear and if you think love actually made him lose his powers then you might be a moron

I agree and you are a waste of matter.

>what is subtext
>what are themes
>what is commentary

Damn even a Spiderman movie went over your head

>it's a 'Marc Webb is still salty about his movies being utter shit' thread
love these

T maguire was terrible
Had the same stupid facial expression every fucking time
Couldn't act for shit

>Sense of purpose and responsibility
>weak psychological reason

It's clear to me at this point that you are maybe in 7th or 8th grade. "Cheesy dialogue and bad acting" are matters of taste, but I'd love to hear some examples of what you consider "cheesy" and "bad" in this movie.

Screencapping this for YLYL threads

You are terrible, and so is your life. kys

The greatest cape movie

has no cape.

>My level of comprehension is severely stunted: the post

For your own sake, I hope you're a troll

Your mind is clouded by nostalgia. They really weren't that good. Maybe as a kid but not anymore.

civil war is a million times better than Spider-Man 1 and 2, if you don't think so you're an idiot

>Spider-man 2 doesn't hold up
Wait, is this one of those threads where you post stupid opinions?

Thanks, I needed a laugh today

This might actually be the funniest thing I've read in my entire life

Any time I'm ever feeling depressed or down on myself, I'll read this post to remind me that people who think this actually exist... then I'll instantly feel better about myself.

1 is actually underrated, but only because 2 is literally perfect. I rewatched 1 the other day and was surprised by how awesome it still is.

100% basedaf and correct. weak ass movie is weak as FFUUUUCCCKKKK. it was only good at the time because nothing truly great in the line of modern superhero movies had come before it. these days, though...jesus. it's kinda funny how bad it is.

the only good thing about spider man 2 was alfred molina, the rest of the movie was shit.

>all the gen Z butthurt that we had THE capekino experience at their age

Fasten your seatbelts.

>Rami proginally wanted Harry to become Hobgoblin but Sony deemed it too confusing for audiences
>Sony forced Venom into script
Sony ruined a new perfect end to the trilogy

It's true...at the time, Spider-Man 2 was fucking mind blowing...it was such a step up from the first one in terms of stakes and action, and was grounded in a sympathetic performance in the villain.

Retrospectively, though, the movie doesn't really hold up. There are still some wonderful moments--your pic in particular...what a scene--but on the whole, what used to be a 9/10 is now easily a 5 or 6/10. Also, Maguire's performance is dead fucking weight. Truly awful, mopey, utterly unheroic, and worst of all, unintentionally funny. His huge "save the day" moment on the train comes across as campy now, rather than thrilling. It's a very, very flawed movie that happens to have benefitted from good timing in its release.

lol

Crossed based Raimi was the beginning of the end for Sony. The fucked us out of a perfect capekino trilogy and are now stuck rebooting old franchises with women in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.

They deserve everything coming to them.

>Sony fucks Raimi over for Spider-man 3
>forces in Venom even though Raimi didn't like him and prefers the classic villains.
>SM3 makes a fuckload of cash but Raimi says fuck ya'll and walks
>Raimi is clearly bothered that the trilogy finished on such a critical low note - offers to come back and do Spiderman 4 to finish the series
>Based John Malkovich as Vulture
>Based Bruce Campbell as Mysterio
>Sony fucks him over AGAIN and decides to reboot because they can't agree on the script

Sony fucked themselves irreparably by doubting Raimi twice. After he offered to do 4 they should've just written him a blank check and let him do it right. Instead they backed out at the last second and hired the director of 500 Days of Summer to reboot.

I think they might be legitimately retarded.