Alirght Sup Forums, I have a problem

Alirght Sup Forums, I have a problem.
Today I had a girl over at my place and she had to shower, so I set up a spy cam to take some nice videos. The videos where on the spycams memory, but a second later they were all gone and now the only thing left on the memory is what is shown in the picture. Still says that there is 19GB of data on the memory.

Help me recover the videos and I`ll post wins.

Other urls found in this thread:

cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

show hidden files also

>Google

Bump for fucking interest

hidden files are always shown
i already googled and tried several different recovery tools, none worked

Digitalforensicsfag here..
Download recuva and just run a deep scan on it recover the files to another disk (i.e. your car:/ drive) do not write anything to that external disk otherwise you will overwrite the file you're missing.

idk man you could always try ejecting and injecting it back in

Forensicsfag again
What tools have you tried and what do you mean they didn't 'work'

Did they show any files at all? If there are no traces of any files, your camera never wrote anything to disk.

Hell I in- and ejected that shit more often than my dick in my girlfriends pussy

So, once?

Forensicsfag again

Do not do this. Any chance or writing data back to the disk will make u lose said data you're trying to recover. This is why forensic investigators use write blockers.

Also what 19gb of shit are you claiming you're seeing. Where? Screenshot it.

pretend forensicsfag here, Just mount and remount the drive in another drive, simple stuff op

Alright I`ll give recuva a try. I'm currently running "PC Inspector File Recovery", 80 Minutes left but it says that it already found 21 files! If this thread will die I'll open up another one and post them wins for sure

Meant to say c:/ drive.

If a basic tool like recuva doesn't work then go download getdataback for ###. ## being the filesystem you have on that memory card.

Kind of the extent of the decent, easy to use recovery tools for Windows.

I saw th files when I connected the camera first, even got to open up several videos, all were from today, but then my pc got slower and windows explorer crashed. after this it only showed the files in the picture i posted earlier

Forensicsfag again

Remounting it will not do anything, as he has properly mounted the device already and can see files.

Just make sure to enable deep scan so it actually looks through all bits of the device.
It shouldn't take 80minutes unless the thing is a large sd card (>8gb) or you have a usb 2.0 reader or some shit.

That being said, imaging/searching through every sector on any flash media is a long process

Yeah the memory has 32GB
It is plugged into my USB 3.0 port but I'm on a laptop so it could take a while

Forensicsfag again.

The data was def. Written to your SD card then.
The camera you used probably mounted the card, and bugged out somehow and wrote to (damaged) the fat. The fat (file allocation table) (which is likely what you have cause it's a memory card... Fat32) is just the listing of what files are on the device. You have to use deep scan recuva because it actually searches the data portion and ignores the file allocation table.

Windows only reads the FAT to tell you/ display files in explorer.

Just keep your fingers crossed that your shitty camera firmware didn't overwrite any part of the data too.

Ffag again

Laptop/desktop doesn't matter. Same bus speeds for usb3.

You're using a card reader right? Not interfacing through the cameras shitty firmware/storage interface?

Never use that.

I'm going to let pc inspector run for the last hour, I'm pretty sure this one will get my files back. If it doesn't, I'll try recuva

It's a simple spycam I bought on amazon, doesn't have a sd card but a fixed memory so i have to connect it via usb. doesn't have a interface tho, i can access it via windows explorer.

thanks for your help dude, really appreciate it

My favorite recovery program is photorec.

Ffag here again
I've never heard of PC inspector, sounds like shit.

I recommend you pause or cancel that search and use photorec. I was saying use recuva but use that if photorec doesn't work.

Photorec is much faster and it recovers only video and only pictures. It would go much faster than all programs you have tried and will try. Faster than recuva.

cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Do you need help on how to use it? It's a command line program.

FFag here
Just cause you have a USB 3 port on the PC doesn't mean the camera is a USB 3 camera. I bet you it's usb 2.

Lol yeah I literally just posted photorec as u said that. I forgot about it and remembered it now.

Yeah if it is with command lines than I will propably need help

Is it the same as testdisk? just wondering since i just started a download of photorec but it now says testdisk

Ffag
Try reading the page first. You specify the directory you're pulling files from them you put in the folder you want to put them. I.e.c:/recover

I think their might be a gui version, been a long time since I've used it.