What's considered a big city in your country (ie big enough to have its own urban municipality)?

What's considered a big city in your country (ie big enough to have its own urban municipality)?

In Slovenia, it's 20.000 people and 15.000 jobs. There are 11 such cities in the country.

there are only 3 cities in slovenia desu

Lets say 100,000 and you're in a big city.

t. Kranjčan

Only Copenhagen has their own municipalities but a big city here is considered +50k

anything that has more than 5 supermarkets.

There's only one desu.

If it's big enough to have its own football team it's probably a big city

Hello ljubljana

below 500,000 = small town
between 500,000 and 1 million = mid-sized town
1 million and above = big city

1/4 of Slovenia is Ljubljana at this point, they're just in denial

This

Yes and Auckland has 1/4 of our population but its still shit

Only Stockholm and Gothenburg are big cities

Malmö is just a Copenhagen ghetto

Oh, please. I know Brazil is a big country, but I doubt you call a place with 500,000 people just a "town".

I don't know about Brazil, but here you won't find buildings over three stories tall in 500k towns

a million or more probably

That doesn't work when pic related can have a football team in the first Slovenian league.

College or Pro?

150,00-200,000 people

Really? That's crazy. I guess it's a new world thing.

Damn I miss living in Gothenburg, it's just a shame it's filled with marockans and afghans now

I live in a town of ~400,000 and pretty much everyday I see the exact same people walking on the streets downtown. I even have little nicknames for them.

It has one literate person and a house that is completed and isn't makeshift.

1-50.000-small town
50.000-400.000 medium sized town
400.-999.999 upper medium sized town
1.000.000-"millionniks" as we call them-big cities
5.000.000-14.000.000-Moscow and Petersburg-countries inside the country.

Over 100k would be considered a major city in Canada.

1 million or more is metropolis by our standards. Our biggest city, by far, is Toronto which has about 5 million people in it's metro area.

Canada is a very rural country so in many areas a town of 10k or so is considered an important regional center.