"All Apologies" was written by Cobain in 1990

>"All Apologies" was written by Cobain in 1990.
>In a 2005 interview with Harp, drummer Dave Grohl explained that the song was "something that Kurt wrote on a 4-track in our apartment in Olympia. I remember hearing it and thinking, 'God, this guy has such a beautiful sense of melody, I can’t believe he’s screaming all the time.'"

Why did he scream all the time, Sup Forums?

Drugs.

He was suffering from depression and had a condition of the stomach made him feel constant pain.
Also, he was kinda pretentious so he probably thought screaming would be edgy.

> stomach pain
> not an excuse to do shitloads of heroin

ok

He was married to Courtney Love.

I thought so myself, but there are accounts he had it since he was a kid. Of course there are also accounts that he took heroin to battle the illness but I think we both know better.

cause bands he liked screamed a lot

He knew he was going to kill himself at 27 to join the 27 club, so he probably was constantly depressed over that. His mother even said he told her that he was joining the club all of the time.

This is why he shot up so much heroin before shooting himself in the head. You obviously don't want to feel anything when you pull the trigger.

>b-but he was killed!!! courtney is a master mind that can get away with killing an extremely high profile celebrity and nobody find any evidence of doing so!

Occam's Razor. Kurt wasn't that smart. He was a handsome guy who happened to have artistic talents.

>accounts
Like what? anything trustworthy or is it more shit from the money making machine that is the Kurt Cobain Mythos™ ?

>he probably was constantly depressed over that
Over something pointlessly voluntary?
How about you just don't do it?

>His mother even said he told her that he was joining the club all of the time.

Nice conspiracy theory.

because he wanted to be a legend or whatever. People think of Jimi Hendrix as this master guitar player legendary figure, but in reality he probably wouldn't have done a whole lot by say 30 years old and faded away as some old wrinkly nignog that used to be some hippie guitar player.

Kurt even wrote in his suicide note "it's better to burn out than to fade away", so this is exactly the logic he was following. He wanted to go out in a bang at his height and his face and name be cemented for the rest of human history. It's that simple.

It isn't a conspiracy theory. They all knew about it.

>absurd notion
Why didn't he do it at 26 or 28? It's not that absurd, he was obviously very career minded and took the club into account..

But if that's what he wanted why would he be depressed about it?

>According to Hendrix
What?

Actually when I think about it, you're kinda right. If Kurt had died recently like Chris Cornell, there would be some talk about it, but nothing of special notice. He died at height of fame and that was the shocker.

He literally did it a month after turning 27.
because killing yourself for some OCD obsession is depressing. He wasn't insane. He just knew this was THE way to become a legend, so it was a depressing realization that to be cemented at the top, and never come down, killing yourself or dying in some way at 27 was the way. Hendrix is considered one of the greatest guitarists even now in 2017, and that's because we didn't see his garbage he would have ended up making before retiring because he died at his zenith before being able to make any of it. Listen to some of Hendrix's last recordings, it's a lot of crap, and it's a perfect example.

There is more than one person named Hendrix

Given Hendrix was planning on recording with Miles Davis and Tony Williams with Alan Douglas as the producer it's likely he would've been a legend, perhaps not as overrated but psychodelic jazz might've been a thing.

Now, Janis Joplin, that's one that got hugely popular due to the myth of the 27 Club.

like, would you really want Jimi to still be around in his 70s singing Foxy Lady? I don't.

Who knows dude. I consider Eddie Hazel a spiritual successor/what Hendrix could have done in the 70s, but nobody knows. He could have ended up working with them and doing some neat shit, but his last recordings, I don't see him doing any solo stuff anyone would've given a shit about. It's a lot of jams, a lot of the same sounds. He definitely was burning out on his own ideas and you are probably right in that he could have kept his stardom afloat in a group where he wasn't doing everything.

I agree. Janis did some neat things, but was not Hendrix or Cobain and benefited greatly from being in the club with them.

It upsets me that Kurt did it for such a stupid reason. He could have done anything he wanted to do. When I was younger, I thought Kurt was the coolest person that ever lived, like his whole life was just this caricature of what you think a legend/rock stars life is like. As I've gotten older, I think he's an idiot that wasted himself for some EXTREMELY narcissistic purpose.

Exactly, but just do what Lennon did and quit. People still look at Lennon like he's a legend even dying at 40. Would he have been a titan if he died at 27 when the Beatles were at their top? Sure, he would be considered some kind of genius Van Gogh figure right now, but he was definitely too smart to care about shit like that. Kurt really liked John Lennon, but he was nothing like him. A bit of a wannabe.

>Listen to some of Hendrix's last recordings, it's a lot of crap
Source? His last blues video that I found on youtube was alright.

You could be clever as Voltaire
But it won't get you nowhere
If you wanna sell discs
Clever never made no one rich
It doesn't appeal to the teenage market
The teenage market!

Hendrix started having many social issues near the end of his life, but you're right in that if he was to still produce great material he'd need to be in a great group. Maybe he'd later do a solo album of Dylan covers in his typical style and win a Grammy for it. I can see him being a lasting legend almost like Paul McCartney had he not died then.

Cobain was an odd guy. I think he thought he had distilled the rockstar's formula and kind of worked towards it. He was sort of mental. Still, he might've been a rockstar even without following his idea of a caricature, he had a really good sense for music.

>mfw have had a hernia and like five ulcers before I got surgery
>mfw considered suicide multiple times to escape the pain

I suddenly feel like Kurt is less of a faggot now

alright isn't legend status

>tfw just got my hiatal hernia and ulcer
does it get better?
im on ppi's and i still only eat eggs and bread. everytime else makes my stomach hurt so much.

doc says im too young for surgery. since im 19

"I've never understood this glorification of people who died before their time. Dead James Dean...dead Jim Morrison...dead Sid Vicious...it's ridiculous. I worship the people who survived, like Gloria Swanson."

>living in Olympia in the 1990
lol both of them were fucking gone off the dope

I doubt it would be any worse than the Rolling Stones being in their 70s and singing Satisfaction.

Neil Young, Paul Simon, and Bob Dylan all had some great later career work we would have never gotten if they'd died at 27.

But at the same time all the other artists like Eddie Van Halen whose later careers were a joke. If Eddie died in 1985, we wouldn't miss much.

Yeah, if EVH died then, we'd see him as this fucking extraterrestrial guitar master legend thing, but we know what he ended up doing and now he's just some old fart that nobody really cares about anymore.

A lot of people like to say the 80s would have clobbered John Lennon, but who says he couldn't have pulled off a Graceland?

fuck isaiah silver and fuck the eeryies. he was married to her for what? a few months..he wants 30 grand a month or something and refuses to give back kurts guitar in pic related

he smashed that guitar because he didn't know it was actually pretty rare.

Eddie and DLR didn't have the intellect or songwriting skills to do anything interesting in their later careers. They only had their youth and sexuality and when that was gone...

/thread

Do you know that Mick Jagger said he hooes he won't be singing Satisfaction past he's 30? My father is old enoguh to remember that, kek

>dead Sid Vicious
Goddamn this is cutting so fucking close to his own death

>I can't get no... no erection...