Why have I never seen a thread on Sup Forums about this movie? It was easily the best thing I saw in 2015...

Why have I never seen a thread on Sup Forums about this movie? It was easily the best thing I saw in 2015. It will be seen as a fucking classic in 20 years, everyone will have seen it by that point

youtube.com/watch?v=o87gG7ZlEAg

Sup Forums doesn't want to talk about things that are worthy of praise

Totally loved it. Other than the almost perfect writing, we have to actors at the top of their game trying to beat each other and I can't decide who was better.

Literally love both of them.

This movie is great. Haven't seen it since release so my memory is a bit hazy but it was excellent. Great writing and performances all round.

Loads of threads when it came out.

well, it was discussed plenty if you had been here during its time in the cinema, and when a rip was released

This.

A most violent year is one of the best films Ive seen in the last few years.

Probably both lead actors' best films.

It was boring.

this tbqhwyfamily

I wanted another ending .. like in the end where the guy shoot the gas tank i wanted him to blow up the whole factory ,, destroying what took years to make it work for the shittiest reason ever

al pacino sucked in this

it's your typical oscar bait flick

>when Chastain shot that deer

The protagonist was such an insufferable bitch, honestly. Yeah, I guess you have the right to never carry guns anywhere and to be proud of being defenseless if you want, but where the FUCK do you get off telling your girlfriend and your employees they can't protect themselves? He was a useless fucking human being, and the only reason he didn't get his shit completely wrecked is because the thugs who were robbing from him were so hilariously incompetent they dropped their guns at the first sign of trouble every time.

Did you even watch the movie? He didn't want a shootout to jeopardize his deal and his company especially when the city was trying its hardest to pull up some shit on him.

Yeah, and I guess that explains his little pissfit when he found out his girlfriend was carrying a gun.

Thought this movie was a masterpiece. Really surprised me. Chandor's best.

Because it's pretty shite film in the end.

Not to mention she's the daughter of a mob boss who also embezzled a large amount of money.

>film is called a most violent year
>hardly any violence
The story is garbage. It's sold as a "mob" movie but it's about a guy who wants to do business the right way. Fuck outta here with that lame ass boring shit

its good, but itll be forgotten kinda like how sicario will be. it deserved more attention but the academy arent smart enough to pick apart movies like this.

The film is bad but your hate for it has got some plebeian reasoning

This. Why is neo/tv/ so gullible?

so if Sup Forums actually likes this that means its probably shit, right?

It's not a mob story you fucking retard, it's a movie about a guy doing everything he can to prevent his business from engaging in criminal activity. He knows he needs to arm his drivers but he also knows that he can't because of the DA breathing down his neck. He's an honorable businessman surrounded by thieves and criminals

This. It's not bad, exactly, it's even pretty comfy, but it's nothing special. The acting is good, but the premise doesn't make any sense, and it's pretty much all stuff we've seen before.

>it's a movie about a guy doing everything he can to prevent his business from engaging in criminal activity
How the fuck is that interesting?

How many movies have there been with this premise compared to "criminal does criminal stuff" movies?

>a most violent year
>it isn't even violent

Not many because it's a shitty premise. A most violent year is like Lifetime version of mob movies.
For those that don't know "Lifetime" is a cable network that produces movies for women

>TIME TO WATCH TRANSFORMERS

Was there anything more impotent than when the protagonist stood up in front of his competitors and just said "I know one of you is robbing me guys but just STOP IT"?

>he doesn't like what I like
>I bet he enjoys movies I'm to much of a pussy to admit I like

>his drivers get beaten up and shot at
>his home gets broken into
>he chases and beats up thieves
>one of his employees empties his brains out in front of him and his wife
You know in real life and not a pew pew action movie this would be considered pretty violent incidents in any normal person's year.

Again someone who didn't really watch the movie.

>image.jpg
hahahahaha

Because it was not a good film. This answer here:

is the most succinct criticism of this shit film ever written, and consequently ends all debate on the topic.

>why doesn't anyone else like this fag thing that i do
>it can't be the fact that i'm a tasteless fucking piece of shit
>it must be everybody else

>"criticism" consists of complaining that it didn't have more violence

>that isn't at all what was said, and the truth hurts so bad that you reply like that
>like a butthurt little fucking faggot
>with a microcock

>>that isn't at all what was said

>film is called a most violent year
>hardly any violence

>also it's like, a movie made for icky girls and stuff because it doesn't have epic shootouts like in my video games

>he's still deflecting
>by way of outright manufacture
>because of microcock

>being this obsessed with cocks
no wonder you like gay greek films

>being this obsessed with getting the last word into an argument you lost six posts ago
No wonder you're a virgin.
With no friends.

>the millionth "money and power corrupts" since 1941
>future classic

sorry about your penis user

it got 89% on RT

by your own logic, you're a tasteless piece of shit for not liking it

What movie are you talking about?

Did you discover the spoiler functions last night?

>using RT to validate taste

Vertigo

i didn't. nice reading comprehension, buddy.

Always knew Hitchcock was a hack
Maybe the penis obsessed user would like to weigh on his favorite director

>newman

>it's popular so it must be good!
christ

Just cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks

Unfortunately this. I admired the movie's ambitious structure and cinematography. It definitely was a real "New York crime film" that is often compelling. But many of the side characters were poor: The hapless immigrant who winds up as the guy who always gets shit on until he pulls a Layer Cake at the end. Albert Brooks' sleppy lawyer guy who quite literally didn't do anything.

Some lazy imagery too. "Blood and oil", and all that. If you want a real low-stakes crime film, go with The Drop. At least that movie had laughs.