I'm drunk and watching cable tv for the first time in years. Also happen to be minoring in marketing...

I'm drunk and watching cable tv for the first time in years. Also happen to be minoring in marketing, and majoring in the furthest degree from marketing.

I'm wondering how people react to ads while drunk vs sober.

Sober me ignores them, but drunk me can't help but see the bullshit.

threads like this one is why I hate the apple company

Yo fuck jeve stobs and his teet suckling cunts

But I guess I wonder about my friends and family that have never experienced a critical thought, and actually believe what they see on cable television

I see and hear the bullshit either way. I can't say that it isn't interesting to see how people try to subvert or manipulate the average person's mind into accepting their "buy my stuff" message.

>Yo fuck jeve stobs and his teet suckling cunts

he said, while posting on the internet with his phone. get a fucking desktop computer and stop watching TV you big bang theory "too smart for my family lol" first beer having cunt.

advertising is the reason TV exists. and if you genuinely believe that advertising has its roots in manipulation, and not market present competition, then you need to take a class or read a book.

I have never read anything so summer in my life

Advertising is the reason why a lot of things exist (read: NASCAR)

What are your thoughts on subscription video services user?

then I guess you don't read your own posts often, sounds about right.

its internet television that allows you to pay additional money to not view ads, but the company hosting the material still receives ad revenue from companies regardless of your viewership of said ads.

seriously dude, I get it. I called you out for being an iPhone bigbangtheory faggit. go be mad on /soc/ where they encourage your attention whoring personality.

So what you're telling me is that the ad trying to get me to buy the new McFlurry isn't playing to my psyche? Not even the catchy jingle that everyone starts singing? That mementic note reverberating through all of my social circles, eventually goading me to buy the McFlurry to be "in", or just for what I think is the hell of it?

Huh. I wouldn't have gone so far to as to say that advertising started out as a way to manipulate people, but I remember things like Snake Oil. Sure, there's competition. But you want people to buy your products as much as you want to shotgun product placement.

Target is red because it makes the shoppers buy impulsively. Wal-mart is blue so you linger more and eventually choose the "low low prices".

What are your thoughts on huge faggots & being one?

ok, a lot of what you said is what is known as a "red flag." its like when someone says to you "you know, a tomato is a fruit not a vegetable" its an immediate signal that they probably know very little about horticulture.

I'm not going to explain it to you, instead I'm going to offer you something that might make you do some reading into the matter. the more people who read and educate themselves, the better off this world will be. These companies that you accuse of manipulation, they spend more money on the ad campaign than they expect to get back in revenue from the so called "target demographic." please read into why.

also, I want to add that simply appealing to popular interest does not meat the definition of "manipulation." most of what you accused those companies of doing aren't their stated reasons for doing it, like target being red and such. it was some article about "10 things you didn't know about your favorite stores" that wrote a bunch of nonsense to get you to feel like you are "smarter than your friends" because you read their clickbait.

>meat
I'm sure it meats the tomatoes.

But, tell me again that color has no effect on the individual.

another sissy slap fight on the Sup Forums...

I can't believe I was so retarded as to miss this. So, you talk about researching why the companies I assume of manipulation spend more money on advertising, huh.

>But you want people to buy your products as much as you want to shotgun product placement
Tell me if I need to word that differently. And scientifically speaking, tomatoes are in fact a fruit. I encourage you to encourage me to provide something to back that claim up with.

let's do a laughing whores thread.

thanks, you both won me 10$ from my gf. I was tired of educating you, and I'm pretty sure you were both looking for an "easy out" after being cornered.

baiting grammar Nazis. there is your "proof of manipulation" I guess.

and im out of whores. have some more SOC though.

It's one person you dumb nigger, learn to pay attention to the poster count. My pointing out your meats to meets isn't an argument.

Not an argument.

Try again.