So Sup Forums

So Sup Forums

My dad died today. Didn't surprise me though. He drank and smoked since he was 17 and had many heart surgeries.

What was your dad like anons? How did you feel when he died?

That's rough, user. How old was he?

Relieved. My dad was a mentally ill veteran that would always argue and grope me. Told me to kill myself, that he'd put me up for adoption, that he'd push me off the roof, that he'd push me in front of a speeding truck.

He made sure to crush my dreams and what little bit of self-esteem I had before he fucked off, and people around me still sigh sadly and say, "He was such a good man. It's so sad he died."

>grope me

wat?

Are you a woman or something?

Yeah. Besides my chest and ass, he would literally stick his hands between my inner thighs and guilt trip me when I snapped at him for it because I was being an "ungrateful" and unruly daughter when he was just "playing around."
feelsfuckingbadman

hes a drunk but a nice drunk he started smoking now but he is not dead yet

I was 22, dad was 53. He was alcoholic but also had lots of mental issues too.

haha rekt

My dad was a master troll...I can give an example

>be 7

>come home from school seeing dad eating awesome delicious candy

>"Dad pls! Can I have some?"

>"Sure son! Open your mouth and close your eyes"

>Taps cigarette ashes in mouth

>Cri like a bitch

>"Problem, son?"(Actual quote)

Now I'm some 24 year old worthless college guy who will probably fail

RIP You lovely bastard. May the halls of valhalla treat you well

great dad, very smart, very kind, definite A-type personality.

62, still alive
Sorry to hear about your dad OP.

e d g y

My father was incredibly patient. Sophisticated. Very classy, despite his middle class upbringing. Very well read and intelligent.

He treated my mother like gold, but when he was alive, all we did was butt heads. I was very disrespectful.

I was 19 when he died of a malignant, untreatable brain tumour. Not treating him nicely or learning from him fills me with a painful kind of regret.

Sorry man.

I think in most circumstances, a parents' passing is pretty tragic no matter your relationship with them.

if they were decent, it's sad they're gone. if they were shit, it's sad because it never got better between you.

i don't have the most positive perspective towards family, but at the very least i know when to be respectful and introspective when someone dies.

i used to admire my father, but now he's become petty, ignorant and foolish. i still love my dad, yet i have lost all respect for him and dislike him as a person.

>feelsbadbroseph.jpg

Horrible.

He died, didn't go to the funeral, regretted it 2 weeks later. Got drunk. Ubered to his grave and slept next to it.

>cont

Not sure why i did either. I also cried a bit.

some gay ass movie plot there user

I'm sorry. My dad died April 1st. We spoke everyday. He was a friend. And i'm still fucked up about it.

This society is bs. Most people think that parents are always "right" and that they always want "the best for their children", but that's just plain bullshit. You are not automatically a good parent just because you had a child. My father is a really bad person. He abused me psycologically since i was 6 and when my mother realised what i was going through and sided with me he started to treat her badly. I can't understand why is she still with him. Also he is starting to treat my little brother like he treated me at his age and that breaks me inside.

I can't really remember anything good about my dad. Died when I was 10, abused me everyday until then. Raped my mom in front of me, but thankfully I can't remember all the details of those times. When he died it fucked me up. I'm fairly relieved now I suppose. Just wish I got to know him before he died. Also sorry to hear about your dad.

oh, and my dad's still around, but we barely talk. growing up he was magnificently angry all the time and took it out on me and mom. i went to college, they finally divorced, and he's mellowed out substantially since. but we still don't know how to communicate with each other so it's mostly silence and small talk.

Is this what Sup Forums is full of?

is this why we are literally psychopaths on the internet?

Dad's still around.

I love the shit out of him, and him me, but we had a really strained relationship. At 12 I started having academic and mental problems, and he just shouted at me.

One time I told him I was suicidal and he told me to walk into traffic.

Now I don't live with him and our relationship is a lot better.

Probably

Why do parents act like dicks when we are kids but grown up they're more chill?

How does that affect your relationships now?

My girl got sexually abused and doesn't talk to me about it -- of course people are different, but I want to know what she's going through.

Fuck off Randy Bobandy

Sorry to hear user.

I never had a dad. Never met him. Have no idea who he is.

I'm glad you had one though. I'm glad many people have them.

He was ok. I felt nothing.

I'm sorry to hear that femanon
but you only get to use your pussy card this instance
Blessings and healing sent your way

well thanks for the most downer Sup Forums thread in quite some time, chaps

on the plus side, it's rare people get real in here

Some people should just really not be allowed to breed. Anyone can have children. But not everyone can actually raise one.
Shit user, I'm sorry you're going through this again with your bro. I'm an only child so I didn't have to see my own sibling be treated how I was.
Your mother needs to get you and your bro outta his reach, ASAP

Because they're flawed people under stress, dealing with their power and responsibility how they can.

My mom died real young, and this stuff happened after a divorce, so it's understandable in his case. He got real sick on the regular and thought he might not live to see us as adults.

He was full of grief he wouldn't acknowledge, and couldn't take my problems on top of it.

So

Parent logic: Having a tough life? Take it out on your kids!

They can push kids around, that's why. Those kids have to adhere to their rules.
They don't have any power over an adult though. If they start being a dick, that person can just tell their parents to fuck off and leave, or maybe even fight back. They cant take on someone their own size.

Fuck off randy no one wants you here

Would you be a good parent? I know i wouldn't.

I'm already a parent.

I troll my kid. So I consider that good.

Sort of, yeah.

What he did is fucked up and wrong, don't misinterpret me. But there are reasons this stuff happens.

He was a fucking Trumpfaggot and I'm glad he's dead.

I know how you feel.

I'd be a horrible parent too.

I can hardly care for myself let alone a child

Better than being a shillary cuck

I'd 10/10 suggest talking with her about it, since some people actually become hyper-sexual to cope and others just become completely repulsed.

For me, I'm completely repulsed by the thought of anyone touching me, to the point where I get anxious when someone accidentally brushes against my ass. I think of two people that aren't me at all to be able to get off on my own.
Had my first boyfriend, and for the first few months when getting to know each other it was all wonderful, but the paranoia of him eventually wanting something physical drove me to dump him before it was even a possibility, and it still tears me up tbh.

I'm 38 and i'm starting to feel the biological urge to have a kid. But i'm afraid i wouldn't be a good father. I have a very short temper and i'm not exactly caring and understanding. I don't want to raise a traumatized kid.

>my dad has a different political belief

>I'm going to call him a faggot and be glad he's dead and hate him for it

Wew lad. The edge! I almost cut myself

My kid's 4.

I hardly ever pay any attention to her. I usually have a nanny caring for her while I'm out all day.

I mean I feed her and make sure she's doing okay in school but I don't exactly pay any attention to her.

As long as your kid is happy and loves you. You're a good parent.

sounds like he raised a faggot

thanks user
sending positive vibes your way, too

Tits or gtfo.

You don't have to be caring or understanding.

Just don't abuse it.

Thanks for the response. That must have been awful, especially if the relationship was good before that. Sorry you have to deal with that.

I have talked to her about it, somewhat.

One time I went in for a kiss, a deep one, and she pulled away, which hurt my feelings. Said I was frustrated, went home. We IMed about it for a while, she told me she was terrified of it.

We came to the conclusion that she'd be willing to try and branch out, and that I'd never initiate and let her do it as she felt comfortable.

Got her to tie me up and kiss me and all that kinda shit, which is nice.

I think with her it was rape -- haven't asked, and I don't think I should? She says she's only afraid of dicks, and that I won't scare her cos I don't have one, but I still feel shitty about it.

Have I done okay?

Obey the rules and post them tits

Honestly...I have no idea

My dad is dying...Doesn't give a shit drinks and smokes anyway

His life is a complete mystery to me. He's a complete dick, never liked him. But then again he shows a caring side...

I don't know what to do with these feels..

Dead ppl suck. Dad dead b4 high school. Uncle during. I got to go check on his cold dead ass. Not really fun. He was stiff too.

You do. Kids need to be cared about.

My dad left me and my mom and I don't really care about what's going on with him now.

>growing up, parents berated you like every seldom little thing they did for you was some huge favor you should be ashamed of
>they isolated you from the rest of your extended family because they were too fucking lazy to start building the bridge for you when you were a small child
>you grew up never even noticing you had no connection with your extended family and were basically programmed to be a black sheep
>that sense of awkward distance and lack of obligation now applies to them, too
>now you never visit them, even when you really want to because spending time around family is more awkward for you than introducing yourself to complete strangers
>you are a socially normal and quite assertive person, but the idea of interacting with a family you're "supposed" to be close to but aren't is such a complex, awkward, suffocating ordeal that you've passed on the chance entirely as an adult
>the idea of dealing with the family at their funerals makes your gut church
>tfw you have a massive hole in your heart where a family should be, but your parents starved and drained that part of you to such an incomprehensible degree that you simply aren't capable of connecting with one
I'm about to get married. We want children. I look forward to being a father. There's a lot I want to do differently.

No...Well yes...But also no

They need to raise their kids to not be bloody snowflakes who hide from reality and the world

Thanks dad...For teaching me how I SHOULDN'T be.

Well, at least you know how not to raise your kid.

Godspeed user.

This kind of stuff manifests in subtle, insidious ways. Keep on the watch and you'll do fine. Good luck man.

Yes, but you still need to give a shit about them.
Like, shit. Honestly.

well...This guy doesn't. He's doing fine.

Show tits

Now, we haven't heard her side of the story, have we?

Mine's still around. We're going to see pic related in a couple weeks.
Started really strained, with him losing his temper quite a bit at me, but we've grown pretty close over the past few years. We've learned how to not piss each other off, so there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. His wife, my mom, doesn't treat him the best. Starts fights a lot, hasn't had a job in years, and tries to turn my brother and I against him often.
I know a girl who's dad is on his way out, cancer. I'm trying to be there for her, because I can't imagine life now without him. Imma try to be there for you too, user. Stay strong

Nah.

Unless it's life threatening you really don't.

Fall off your bike? Here have a straw! Suck it up you little shit!

Burned your hand when I constantly told you not to touch it? HERES A FUCKKIN STRAW!

Kids don't like you? Tough shit. Not everyone's going to like you.

The goal of being a parent is to not hide them from reality .

I connect to this situation so much, it's hard to explain to my "normal" friends how this kind of thing happens. Good luck to you user, you're not alone Sup Forumsrother

Circle of life- Elton fuckin john

That's for animals fatass.

get over it, you fagot

Family sucks and they often leave the most scars even when they don't mean to, but they are also the ones that are there for you the most when you need someone, honestly it's a pretty fucked up thing that I don't fully understand, also sorry to hear about your dad Batman.

Noah. Noah is that you?

Noah. Noah N is that you?

Noah N are you OP?

My dad was honestly the best father I could've asked for. He wasn't perfect, but did his best to try to improve himself or make me laugh.

He died when I was 9 and about to go into rehab. I felt heartbroken. But I comfort myself on knowing that he'd be proud of me and his passing helped shape who I am today.

I guess its time for a story user

>be me about 5 years old
> hanging out with the good old dad, he is pretty chill, we are having good time, he buys me ice cream. we went to the park (this is in Brooklyn)
>i don't get to spend much time with dad cause he says he is always out
>a few hours later, he takes me to this house, and there are alot of people there
>he sits me next to this red haired irish lady, her name was Maggie
>he is very friendly with her
>I am drinking some cranberry juice just sitting there
>I didn't really feel comfortable since we got there

CONT?

I never knew mine. He died when I was one. All this time I was told that he died because he had a tail light out or something. Just found out that he died drunk driving.

Sorry user

First off I'm half Hispanic and I got that half from my shithead of a father. He beat the hell out of us and on many occasions I saw him try to rape my mom. He was an illegal Mexican. He opened a Mexican restaurant with our savings. It was hell, at twelve years old I was doing the work grown men and facing abuse. If I didn't slice a tomato or mushroom think enough he'd slam me against a wall and scream about how useless I was. He skipped town after draining our bank account. I tracked him down to Indianapolis and I plan on killing him when I'm able and have my shit together.

damn user, he gots whats coming to him

My dad was an asshole who also had some really good qualities but was kind of crazy, too. I didn't realize how much I would miss him until he was gone. He was a very real person and honest.

I dont know. He's always been more occupied with his primary family. I made my peace with him a year or so ago. Just decided to stop being upset with him and focus on being the best dad I could.

As long as you dont guilt trip her into anything or coerce her, you should be fine user. Best of luck!

my dad is my hero
it me 16 years to find him, but ever since then hes always been there when i needed him
yesterday i had a tire blowout on the highway, I couldn't get one of the lug nuts off with my useless noodle arms and my small tire iron (had to break the stud anyway).
He was there in 10 minutes with a breaker bar and helped me out, its only the most recent, but i can always count on him

Im envious user. I will admit. My dad is a car fanatic and he has never helped me rehardless of the issue.

What a great man, be more grateful and stop making up lies that he groped u

this is going to happen to my dad too soon. smokes a pack a day since i could remember.
>What was your dad like anons?
didnt see him much cause hes left the fam for another woman. theres a moral obligation to see him but fuck that maybe once or twice a year. it sounds brutal hearing it, but i really dont care much for him so whats the point in seeing him. my mother told me "no one taught him how to be a father, but he truly loves you." meh. dont care for him. dont have the time. hes done enough damage. but its going to be an awkward day when he dies, leaving behind thousands of dollars, my step brother (ughhhhhhh, im probably gonna have to take care of this lil shit too), and property in different countries with everyone in the extended family trying to nab a piece of his fortune.

tldr; it sucks that he loves me, because i dont love him.

Truly better than you loving him and he not loving you user.

My dad drove my mother away when I was like six years old. He never paid any child support and pissed away everything had in an attempt to tell the court he couldn't afford it.
I'll spare the details and just say that he eventually killed himself after getting involved with drugs and it's the best thing he ever did for me.
I love the man he had stood for when I was a child, but hate the man he became.

part 2

>I start to feel really uncomfortable there, and after a while i beg my dad to take me home
>everyone smells bad
>My dad says "ok user, in a little bit"
>a little becomes midnight
>i asked him when it was 7pm
>We get in the car
>Maggie is giving us a ride home
>before we get out of the car i see him making out with Maggie
>confused.png
>i get in the house and i watch from my room my mom argue with my dad
>my little sister is in the other room sleeping, she is around a few months
>Their arguing turns into violence
>my dad strikes first
>my mom retaliates and bites the shit out of his nose
>badass.jpeg
>he says "well fuck you bitch, and take the kids with you too"
>kicks me, mom, and my several months old sister out into the cold, snowy sheets of Brooklyn
>we sleep in our car for a few days

CONT?

thats sad to even hear :[
share story?

the same way i dont care for him is the same way, i think, he doesnt care for much of anything. hes selfish and so am I. my morher even says im a splitting image of him when he was younger and we have the same "quirks."
i know hes miserable, he chose the wrong path and settled with whatever he could. i just hope i dont end up the same way.

My dad is a paranoid but job, he used to beat me for playing with kids outside, forced me to do mechanical diploma so I don't get to hang out with girls and stay single and still keep tabs on me making sure I'm not talking to any girl outside of my house or on the phone and now I'm a complete introvert virgin loser at the age of 27 and can't even communicate with people, fuck that piece of shit!!!!

this is fucked

Not a whole lot to share. He had a girl and then foiund my mother. He has several sets of kids now and he focuses on the kids that he is happiest with.

Go to therapy user.

My father is satan. I count the days to his death.

Go on user