We get this thread everyday, fuck off

This a tv and film board you cretin.

>what is misinterpretation of genuine curiosity

>Oldboy (Park Chan-Wook 2013)

what?

#66 on IMDB top 250

>2013

the 2013 version is the spike lee version

For the most part they're all good mainstream films, I don't think he's pretending to be a patrician or anything so it's an alright list

Oh god

his music is garbage

>it's like the classics are classics for a reason and I should start watching them instead of making assumptions about people who do
Fixed it for you.

I like his list. I'm going to stream one of his albums just because I like his taste in movies.

>le pretentious negro

I don't know his music but him being a contemporary nigga and this list makes me never wanna find out about it

>liking movies made before 1975 is pretentious
I hate plebs like you.

His music is the quintessential pretentious urban shit that modern critics persuade everybody into thinking is good

Honest question. Do you listen to metal?

That user is right, though. Frank Ocean is liked by white critics, ignored by black people.

how is he wrong frank ocean sucks dick figuratively and literally

Hell no. Do you honestly think his music is good tho? lel

I like this joke:

> Basquiat (F.W. Murnau 1929)

But a lot of his choices are entry-level, desu.

Ok thank you. I've just been noticing a pattern. He's ok, I like D'angelo better.

>Ignored by black people

Lel, Channel Orange was gigantic, this album just debuted #1 by a mile.

So not just critics.

>i like everything that's good

No, just white people.

You're wrong.

Frank Ocean is widely liked in the hip hop community.

What a boring list

Alfredo Garcia is an odd choice when it comes to Peckinpah films, I like it but I don't think it's his best

It's good, but comes off kind of try hard, especially since he publicly released it. I feel like he's asking for intellectual points. (his music list incl.)

>top 100 films
>all the """"""films""""""" are just flicks, movies and motion pictures

fucking faggot

they fucked up they meant 2003 obviously
no one's pleb enough to prefer the Lee version

even if you were right, why would that make him bad?

how many black people do you know

Is this bait? Literally all of Frank's fans are black people and homos.

ok list desu

Because white critics pretending to find merit in hip hop is the lamest thing.

Battleship Potempkin isn't good, no matter how many people have memed themselves into thinking so

Most generic shit I have ever seen.

I literally do not even see an ounce of personality or personal taste in """his""" list. He is just listing the most popular movies of the most well known film directors.

Stupid, pretentious nigger.

Looks like he just went through a list of movies on a film school curriculum and the most popular criterion movies. No sign of individual taste in this list.

exactly

>freshmanfilmmajorcore.tiff

Not that those movies are bad or anything, but I hope no one is praising Nu Ocean for "his" list.

>popular things are liked but a lot of people

what a surprise

>he likes popular films therefore he's pretentious
???

Why would he list his top 100 and not his top 10?

It looks like he just copypasted an IMDB list

I honestly expected some gay art house films like Kenneth Anger's stuff and Pink Narcissus

All entry level. That's like asking what their top 100 albums are and posting the Sup Forums essentials.

>Every single movie on the list is the directors most popular one.
Telltale sign that this is a tryhard list by someone who doesn't know shit.
Yes I think, pretending to like movies you think will impress people is pretentious.

Agreed.

I bet he can't even interpret the subtext of these films properly.

Rate my favorite movies /tv:
Gattaca
Children of Men
Snatch
Dredd

>likes critically acclaimed movies
DUDE HE'S JUST PRETENDING TO LIKE THEM THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES WHERE'S DIE HARD

kenneth anger is great
how would you rate pink narcissus? don't know if i want to watch it yet

not seen
8/10
6/0
5/10

I like the movies I just think the fact that he released them for people to read is quite egotistical and he did it for taste points.

You are so fucking stupid. No one is criticizing the list because it's "too pretentious" and they want to see more capeshit on it, it's criticized because it's the most generic top 100 of all generic top 100s.
If he really had seen and appreciated all these movies he would have realized these are all entry-level and would have listed EVEN ONE movie that isn't on every generic top 100 list.

He listed Gods of the Plague, which is nowhere near Fassbinder's most popular movie. The Passion of Anna is not Bergman's most famous. Kenneth Anger never shows up on these lists. The Friends of Eddie Coyle never shows up.

Also, they're on top 100 lists for a reason. They're very good.

I love Frank.

My next 100 movies or so will be based on his list.

I'm not even fucking with you guys.

He is a living legend, you watch.

Shame that his music is subpar R&B

Pretty basic list. Nothing really unique that stands out.

embarrassing

>King of Comedy
You're alright with me Frank

Seems pretty inoffensive desu

The original is awful. Everything is ridiculous.The major gotcha is "dude incest lmao", I mean LOL. Korean movies suck. And then the epilogue ending is even more Asian hard-on wish fulfillment. All I could think when re-watching it is "why did I like this as a teen?" And don't even get me started on Visitor Q. I look at it and its trash. The movie is garbage. Oh I almost forgot the insanely laughable after 10 000 years I'm free scene where he gets let out and interrogates a guy on the room and provides some stupid zinger about "I will find the man" *manic laughter* "who did this to me" *stupid over the top grimace* "and oh yeah roof man just jump because I got bigger fish to fry" then he walks down stairs and the roof jumper hits a car and the audience is meant to think "Woah what a badass, this man's on a mission". Fuck that movie.

Visitor Q rules dickhead

You haven't already watched them all?
Are you retarded?

You can tell he looked on the imdb top 250 and was like "which movies will reinforce the notion that I'm actually an artist?"

>NO ONE REALLY LIKES OLD MOVIES WHERE THEY DON'T TALK ENGLISH! WHERE'S IRON MAN?

Looks like he literally just went to google and typed in top 100 films of all time.

That's now what he meant. The list looks too good, it looks manufactured. There are no recent films, no guilty pleasures, there's nothing that can be considered bad on it. Put shortly, it reeks of try hard.

get a load of this loser

>Battle Royale

Visitor Q is so incredibly uninteresting. Sexuality and violence themselves are interesting and the film is able to pervert both to a point where they are no longer recognizable for a person without A.D.D. You know that people are getting erections and that women are being beat, but why? Now that question is what I suppose is meant to be the basis of what makes the movie interesting. It isn't though. It's too zany (not in a funny way) and repulsive.

>no one's pleb enough to prefer the Lee version.

Clearly you underestimate IMDB faggotry.

literally the worst movie on that list